Review Round 5, 2024 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

As bad as Dixon has been Marshall is worse.
What can a lead up player like Marshall actually do when he's clearly playing to instruction in a congested forward line and the ball is bombed in consistently?

I find the criticism of Marshall fascinating cause it defies logic that he can kick 40 goals a year playing in a forward line structure that isn't designed to his strengths.

The crowd was absolutely dead inside lol. I think from this you can safely stay we are still an extremely dumb side with a dumb coach and there is no way we survive a finals series.

We won through luck tonight. We gave Freo a thousand chances and they kept missing.

Oblitorated in the middle. Only thing that held us together was our defence.

Marshall has 100 games under his belt and he is honestly third rate, he just never consistently delivers or imposes himself on games, when he goes missing he is totally invisible. He would be my first tall out (apart from default Dixon) if we unearthed anyone better or wanted to go smaller.

Mitch G is covering some ground at the moment, noticed him make the run all the way to defence a few times tonight.

We still have the same issues we always had under Hinkley. Expect the same results id say.

Just the clearest display of how poorly coached this team is.
Continue to bomb it long despite Pearce and Ryan rebounding everything that comes in. Any idiot who's watched Freo knows that's their main strength, not only do we start with that but we keep doing it when the expected happens.
Then that last 2 minutes, multiple players doing everything they can from playing on, letting Aish rove the throws in or kicking it out of bounds to try and turn the ball over.
We just have nothing going on. It's all reliant on individually brilliant players with no structure or thought at all.

The crowd was absolutely dead inside lol. I think from this you can safely stay we are still an extremely dumb side with a dumb coach and there is no way we survive a finals series.

We won through luck tonight. We gave Freo a thousand chances and they kept missing.

Marshall has 100 games under his belt and he is honestly third rate, he just never consistently delivers or imposes himself on games, when he goes missing he is totally invisible. He would be my first tall out (apart from default Dixon) if we unearthed anyone better or wanted to go smaller.

Mitch G is covering some ground at the moment, noticed him make the run all the way to defence a few times tonight.

We still have the same issues we always had under Hinkley. Expect the same results id say.

Do you think because of Ken?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall is a long way from what I expected this year. Not taking a set shot from 53 m out when we trailed by 2 points late was disappointing IMO.

The absolute hysteria about ‘protecting the head’, as Ben Dixon and Brad Johnson debate whether Zak Butters was really going for the ball when he might’ve clipped that Docker with his arse(?).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back