Trades 2024 Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

People forget soldos not very good.
Sweet could keep his spot.
The game he played on the weekend was better than any soldo has done this year.
Not very often I disagree with you but Soldo is clearly our number one ruck.

Soldo has been very good in the first month. Has been a long time since a Port ruckman was able to tap the ball to it's midfielders and take marks around the ground.

Sweet was up against Marshall on one leg. Let's see how he goes this week against ROB.

But of a fussy moving parts one, as it's really a trade that spans a couple of weeks, but which 3 would y'all have out of:

Bont
Serong
English
Petracca

I'll get one of the first three this week, and then either Petracca or another of the first 3 the week after.

The risk averse part of my brain says Bont and Petracca, as they are studs.

However on exposed form Serong seems a little better than Bont ATM. Also, I'm not convinced Bont isn't carrying a little something, as he's looked a little off the last 2-3 weeks.

Also although Trac is super cheap, if I get him I can't get Stewart to finish off my backline as I'd have too many Rd 14 bye players.

So my gut is saying Serong this week, English next, Stew the week after.

Thoughts?

Conundrums
Trac with the highest BE so he can wait a week.

Serong
Engrish
Trac after this week
Bont

In that order.

trade in dawson merrett or rowell this week? (dawson saves a bit of cash which could be nice)

have 2 more spots left to fill in midfield, likely filling 1 of those spots with graham for the time being

View attachment 1974266

Down to 25 trades with my team getting along nicely.

Thinking of Sharp > Rogers and Powell > Dawson via DPP
Ger rid of Barnett and put Sweet in as R3.

You are going to miss out on at least $200k cash gen by not having Sweet.

Just on Rogers .....just a word of caution:

Suns coach Damien Hardwick praised second-gamer Jake Rogers who scored 69/98. He said: “He was really exciting. He’s very clean with the ball in hand. His ability to find a target inside 50 is probably something we’ve lacked a little bit. He’s only going to get better as he gets fitter. His fitness level is not where it needs to be, but he’ll work his way through that and get better as the season goes.”

He was quick and strong from what i saw. If it improves considerably then damn he has a nice future.

He was quick and strong from what i saw. If it improves considerably then damn he has a nice future.
He had an injury in preseason that slowed him down.

The thing with the Suns academy players (and will be the same with Lombard next year) is they spent their draft year training with the club, so are physically ahead of most first year players.

Graham and Read smashed the testing day last year for example.

So when Dimma says he not quite fit enough, take it with a grain of salt. Sounds like he's just getting his excuses in before giving them a week off at some point (like Read this week) rather than dropping them.

He had an injury in preseason that slowed him down.

The thing with the Suns academy players (and will be the same with Lombard next year) is they spent their draft year training with the club, so are physically ahead of most first year players.

Graham and Read smashed the testing day last year for example.

So when Dimma says he not quite fit enough, take it with a grain of salt. Sounds like he's just getting his excuses in before giving them a week off at some point (like Read this week) rather than dropping them.

I would still be literally shocked if he was dropped my view point. He played like a seasoned player and was one of the best out there for either team that wasn't a mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth moving RoMo on? 198BE, looks injured and Ross has said will be due for a rest at some stage. Could go for sweet as r2 or swing Jackson in and have Sweet r3

Marshall has shown he's very capable of bouncing back from low scores with epic scores.

He looks like he needs a week off to rest but again he's done that before to and looked far better then next week.

Going to be a judgement call and Sweet is a pretty big incentive.

But of a fussy moving parts one, as it's really a trade that spans a couple of weeks, but which 3 would y'all have out of:

Bont
Serong
English
Petracca

I'll get one of the first three this week, and then either Petracca or another of the first 3 the week after.

The risk averse part of my brain says Bont and Petracca, as they are studs.

However on exposed form Serong seems a little better than Bont ATM. Also, I'm not convinced Bont isn't carrying a little something, as he's looked a little off the last 2-3 weeks.

Also although Trac is super cheap, if I get him I can't get Stewart to finish off my backline as I'd have too many Rd 14 bye players.

So my gut is saying Serong this week, English next, Stew the week after.

Thoughts?

Conundrums
Yep think you’re spot on. I’m after Merrett, Serong, English and skipping Trac all together

Worth moving RoMo on? 198BE, looks injured and Ross has said will be due for a rest at some stage. Could go for sweet as r2 or swing Jackson in and have Sweet r3

Sweet will score well enough to have on ground. I'm trading Marshall > Sweet and upgrading a rookie to a premo on another line.

jones had what 21 forward half disposals this week? not sure hes capable of backing that up against lions, geelong, carlton as 3 of his next 4

I don’t expect to make these trades because I most likely have to take Rogers over Garcia but in a perfect world I do these trades unless sweet underperforms and I get English.

Powell -> Serong
Massimo -> Merrett
Comben -> Garcia

IMG_2605.jpeg
IMG_2606.jpeg

Need some help fellas. Nearly cracked the top 1k so feeling the pressure. Using the last boost this week for sure.

Option 1:

Meek > Sweet
Crouch > Green
Powell > Dale
202k in the kitty ready for Petracca. Backline complete.

Team with option 1 (backline complete)
1714355093318.png

Option 2:

Meek > Sweet
Crouch > Green
Powell > Serong
39k in the kitty.

Team with option 2
1714355148163.png

what would you guys need to hear or see this week that would sway you to trade/keep powell? is phillips being dropped enough?

what would you guys need to hear or see this week that would sway you to trade/keep powell? is phillips being dropped enough?
Surround him with a team that isn't going to get smashed every week and replace the coach with someone who won't change his role every second game. Neither are happening.

Nope, the $ is too valuable right now with all the fallen premos going around & the difference between Powell in the middle and a rookie like Sam Darcy on the field is not worth Powells price.

Looking at doing these trades which will leave my team looking like this. Team value just under 13.3 million. Coming along nicely, will just have to start being a bit more cautious with trades now. 1000002941.png 1000002940.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back