Review Good bad ugly vs Port Adelaide R8 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought JHF was going to win it for them.

Butters 32 posessions, meh.

JHF had more impact.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They use JHF like we used to with Roo, because they have nothing up forward. If Port want to win a flag they are going to completely rip up and start again in the forward line.

Good: SoliGOAT was elite, the defence was outstanding (kept them to only 5 goals from 57 entries), and our transition looked a lot better at times. Fogarty got some reward for effort, Sholl actually played reasonably well, even Nedward had some positive contributions, and we're now one up on them in the win tally.

Bad: Our midfield showed signs of getting overwhelmed at times. Cook was basically nonexistent. Our inside 50s were pretty inefficient.

???: JHF got himself some interesting new nicknames.

Last edited:

No, he didn’t say that surely

Unfortunately nix did… I heard him say that too ; didn’t remember seeing smith much so checked up on his stats…. Fml. Dropped my phone. If I had footy coaches saying I had an impact with 2 touches I’d have gotten drafted.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bad: Rachelle
He needs a rocket up him. Why he thinks he has so much time is frustrating. Too many times tackled with the ball when we had momentum. Tacking the wrong option to kick it loopy to a 2 on 2 when he had open options. Just so poor at the moment...and I love Rash.
I’d take a poor Rash game over a good McHenry game any day

His height saw them put a better defender on him until fog kicked two and then they swapped. We NEED that height - we need Thilthorpe back. But Hindenburg provides the marking target that demands attention. Needs to stay (unfortunately) until TT is back.

Need filthy as our 2nd ruck asap. Gollant got monstered against Draper when essendon got the run on in the 2nd qtr and Dixon was giving berg a bath and a half in the last qtr until rob came back on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No, he didn’t say that surely

He did not did he
Yep he sure did.

"We had a 250 gamer sitting on the bench, so the plan coming in was to sub a defender."

"We call our sub the impact player, we want them to impact the game. And I thought Brodie Smith came on and impacted and brought some experience."

More a nil-all draw I thought, especially after Fog looked like he’d kick a bag after his start to the game, only had one shot after that when Ratugolea got blocked off him by Rachele in the 3rd. Fog again had to go up the ground to get any ball once that move was made.

Yeah but thought Fog was pretty damaging all game to be honest and I didn't feel Ratogulea was particularly damaging the other way.

Mchenry did more than Curtin.......

Cook... Jones... himmelburg... keays (to that point) though....
More panicking, more fumbling, more running.
There was 4 disposals difference with curtin playing 1 less qtr.
Picking an unpopular opinion to make an argument is getting old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it didn't.

Doedee doing an ACL forced that selection (and a concussion the year before). Doedee was the problem Worrell faced, seeing we've only seen him as a third tall and he had a rather solid senior player being the incumbent.
This is half true. He was kept out by Doedee.

But he shouldn’t have been. Worrell looked really good in 2022 and should have been playing early in 2023.

This makes little sense. Soligo yes. JHF was 2nd best on ground quite clearly. 3rd id have put Fog who delivered when it mattered early on.
Tim Ginever knows his stuff.

Worrell was Important for us, JHF was Port's most impactfull player.

Anyone giving Butters votes looked at the stat sheet.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is half true. He was kept out by Doedee.

But he shouldn’t have been. Worrell looked really good in 2022 and should have been playing early in 2023.
Even when Doedee had injuries in 2021/22, we went out of our way not to select Worrell. We even picked the soon to be delisted Ben Davis ahead of him.

Going early.
Good: win, soligo, fog, max, worrell, keane, Dawson, Rankine
Bad:
Ugly: subbing curtin in his debut with his family at the ground, what an absolute dick move.
Especially when he was looking better than at least 4 other players.
You can never have your first game back and nicks took the air out of it.

* you
If he had to put Smith in he should have taken Cook out and moved Cirtin forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back