Review Good bad ugly vs Port Adelaide R8 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Very good first half. Good defence. Our midfield tightened up after a poor start and didn't let them do much damage. Our ball movement was excellent and skills slick.

Second half was frustrating. Made way too many poor decisions, which was the opposite of the first half. Our defence kept us in front and they also didn't take their chances.

Good:

Defence bog (except Hinge who was a bit quiet and ordinary)

Michalaney probably my favourite player.

Soligo. A bit too in and under for my liking, but he was very good. Would like him to be receiving a bit more outside ball.

Rankine. That last goal was silk. He's not really like McLeod, but that last goal was close to it.

Fog good first half. Stronger in the air.

Liked Nank again. He's got some serious confidence for a player with so few games.

Crouch and laird very good in close.

Tackling pretty strong.

Sholl had another good game as much as I don't want to see it.

Average :

Hinge
Cook quiet, but keep him in
Jones. Had some good moments, but not providing a whole lot

Bad :

Subbing Curtin was disappointing. He was looking more settled as the game went on after some shaky moments.

Bloody McHenry. Cannot believe this guy keeps getting picked. Just ruins so many plays. Why do we even give him the ball in the first place? The best thing he did all night was handball to Tex and then get pushed over as a sheppard.

Port just aren't that good. They've got 2 elite players and one on his way. The rest is average. The footy world gets sucked in every season.

Would love butters at the crows. Incredible player. We did well on him defensively tonight.

I'm happy for this cycle to continue though, as it feels like they just keep recruiting trash to plug gaps and not actually really challenging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MM just keep taking massive strides forward in his game. Felt he was nearly BOG heading into HT, hard to believe it's his 2nd season! Completely obliterated Rioli, who just looks so lazy most of the time.
Could he play midfield?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Good
Soligo
Rankine
Fog early
Max/Worrell

The Bad
The usual suspects Ned , etc

The Ugly
Dixon

The Poorly Thought Out
Subbing Curtin. People say he was stuffed - I didnt see it and if he was 5 minutes on the bench works just as well. The failure by the coaching staff to '' read the room' for Daniel and his family , for the crowd who would have loved to have seen him on the ground at the end

What makes it worse is his replacement got 1 kick and 1 handball - is that really the impact you want in a sub?

Smith halved some important contests including a would be mark in their forward line. Whether it was Curtin going off or not I thought Smith did some good defensive work

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

First half was good. Very good. Second half we started to look like a team who had played in Hobart five days ago. Fully expected port to run over us in the last, but forgot they were shit! 🥴 I didn’t think taking Curtin off at 3/4 time was a bad thing, in fact pretty sure it was pre planned. I DID, however, think Smith as sub was stupid (although a far better option than having him play the whole game, so a bit torn there). He did maybe one good thing in his powerful two disposal last quarter. Should not play in the firsts next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back