Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

His trajectory has dropped. A couple of seasons back he was tracking fine and I liked the thought of him as a 10 year player in the yellow and black. If he could get back to that level again I'd be happy. That said, he is not our worst player by a long shot. Yes, looks a bit panicked and soft at times, but if the team improves I'm also certain we'll see an improved output from him.

Gosh, I had him in the votes, thought he worked hard and saved some goals with his hard run. Agree he panics a lot, needs to learn to hold the ball for an extra half second before disposing of it.

Was directly responsible for at least 3 goals due to poor disposal or defensive positioning. Probably more when you add in stuff I couldn't see.

One stood out though which sums him up. Ball kicked deep out of our defence. We have 2 on one. Instead of being front and centre, he continues wide and past the two players flying, hoping it will get over the back and he'll be on his own in space on the wing.

The ball goes front and centre, a Dawk turns up, without pressure, turns and drills it into the f50.

Shame really, because I bet he's a champion on the track and racks up kms game day, just a dumb footballer, and worse, obviously not learning, because surely every review he is shown all his FUps..every week! Surely!!

Very good runner, but too soft.. And probably not brave enough by foot.
Wouldn't get a game at hawthorn.. But th same goes for houli and grigg.
Perhaps a few weeks in th vfl wouldn't hurt all three of these guys, it's not like we're winning with them

Was good tonight. You're all drunk or just blindly hating.

Far bigger problems at the moment.

Your easily fooled by this lazy arse.

Watch 5 and a half minutes left in the second, watch he is supposed to be running with Puopolo as the Hawks are moving it forward he is constantly 10-15 metres away the whole time allowing Puopolo to get an easy goal in the square against Morris due to this loser's lack of work ethic

His trajectory has dropped. A couple of seasons back he was tracking fine and I liked the thought of him as a 10 year player in the yellow and black. If he could get back to that level again I'd be happy. That said, he is not our worst player by a long shot. Yes, looks a bit panicked and soft at times, but if the team improves I'm also certain we'll see an improved output from him.

Yep, he'll look good when we look good... bit like Houli.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we should try and bring in a Gaff or Whitfield to replace him and trade him out.

Poor defensively, poor disposal and poor decision making. In the first half when everyone else was moving the ball quickly he just kept hesitating and running bakcwards

Not playing that great.

What was he thinking on the northern side when we were trying to stage a comeback in the last qtr when we were 20 or so points down ? Jack and the Statue of Vickery were both one out at the top of the square and Ellis did a big u-turn just outside the 50, and hand balled over his shoulder back into a heap of traffic instead of kicking. Result = turnover and ball goes down the other end. Goal Hawthorn.

Ffs you are 22 pts down with 7.18 mins left and you f*** around with the ball with blokes one out at ff. Unreal. But that's where his game is at right now.

Not playing that great.

What was he thinking on the northern side when we were trying to stage a comeback in the last qtr when we were 20 or so points down ? Jack and the Statue of Vickery were both one out at the top of the square and Ellis did a big u-turn just outside the 50, and hand balled over his shoulder back into a heap of traffic instead of kicking. Result = turnover and ball goes down the other end. Goal Hawthorn.

Ffs you are 22 pts down with 7.18 mins left and you f*** around with the ball with blokes one out at ff. Unreal. But that's where his game is at right now.
That very play was noted in my circle...a 'lowlight' for Bellis.

BOG..............

To elaborate for prosperity:

Round 8 - 2013 v Melbourne MCG. Sunday 19th May.
39 disposals ... 25 kicks, 14 handballs @ 79%.
10 contested possessions
11 marks
3 tackles
5 inside 50's
1 goal

& 3 Brownlow votes. ;)
Memory...all alone in the moonlight..I can dream of the old days...Life was beautiful then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back