MMA-Other Invicta Fc

Remove this Banner Ad

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
well its been awhile since we had an Invicta Fc thread. there was a card on the weekend it was on fight pass im slowly working my way though it. if you havnt had a chance to see an invicta card its norm pretty good. this one was no diffrent a big shock was seeing Jasmine Duke go down thats got to be curtains for her UFC career now. Roxy got her hand raised which is good to see. I guess its good for the women to have a place where if its not the UFC this is where i can fight and either get back if im in those two weight divisions, if not the best in the world are here.

Seeing Duke get KO'd was no surprise. Aldana is a beast and Duke is pretty awful to be honest. I'd love to see Irene get a chance in the UFC as her boxing and power are at a very high level.

Roxy's career resurgence at 125 has been pretty impressive and her striking looks to have improved ten fold since her run on TUF.

Best fight on the card easily was the Lee vs D'Allelio fight.

Ayaka Hamasaki def. Amber Brown
to retain atomweight title
submission (armbar) - Round 3, 2:52
Jennifer Maia def. Vanessa Porto
to win interim flyweight title
unanimous decision (49-46, 48-47, 48-47) - Round 5, 5:00
Angela Hill def. Stephanie Eggink
TKO (punches) - Round 2, 2:36
Irene Aldana def. Jessamyn Duke
TKO (punches) - Round 1, 3:08
Roxanne Modafferi def. DeAnna Bennett
split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) - Round 3, 5:00
Jinh Yu Frey def. Herica Tiburcio
unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28) - Round 3, 5:00
Sarah D'Alelio def. Andrea Lee
submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 3, 4:21
Aspen Ladd def. Kelly McGill
TKO (strikes) - Round 3, 1:47
Ashley Greenway def. Sarah Click
unanimous decision (30-26, 29-28, 29-28) - Round 3, 5:00

wow both main and co main were really great fights, with the women you really get to see some great ground game and tech skills. looking back a couple of years womens mma was pretty full on fist flying everywhere it was crazy. the divisions are deeper now and I really like Invicta right up there behind UFC

Haven't seen any of the fights from the recent card yet, so can't say much about it. Card looks pretty good and sounds like the fights were good too. I'll check it out at some stage.

I think Alexa Grasso was meant to fight on this card, but she got injured. She hasn't fought for a while, which is a shame because she's looked great in her most recent fights. She's probably got the most potential of anyone in Invicta. I think she decided to stay in Invicta when she could have gone to the UFC already. That sounds like a smart decision to me. In the UFC she would have got rushed in fights that she wasn't ready for. In Invicta she can gain experience and take more gradual steps up in competition.

Haven't seen any of the fights from the recent card yet, so can't say much about it. Card looks pretty good and sounds like the fights were good too. I'll check it out at some stage.

I think Alexa Grasso was meant to fight on this card, but she got injured. She hasn't fought for a while, which is a shame because she's looked great in her most recent fights. She's probably got the most potential of anyone in Invicta. I think she decided to stay in Invicta when she could have gone to the UFC already. That sounds like a smart decision to me. In the UFC she would have got rushed in fights that she wasn't ready for. In Invicta she can gain experience and take more gradual steps up in competition.

Yeah, Grasso got replaced on the card by Angela Hill who had a great showing against Eggink. She's definitely at the top of my list of fighters I'd like to see in the UFC, but agree that a few more fights in Invicta will ultimately help her in the long run.

I haven't watched the main event, but apparently Hamasaki is very impressive and has been in talks with the UFC about a move there for a while. I was also impressed with Aspen Ladd on the under card.

Yeah, Grasso got replaced on the card by Angela Hill who had a great showing against Eggink. She's definitely at the top of my list of fighters I'd like to see in the UFC, but agree that a few more fights in Invicta will ultimately help her in the long run.

I haven't watched the main event, but apparently Hamasaki is very impressive and has been in talks with the UFC about a move there for a while. I was also impressed with Aspen Ladd on the under card.
yeah the main event was pretty awesome battle on the ground really awesome to see

wow both main and co main were really great fights, with the women you really get to see some great ground game and tech skills. looking back a couple of years womens mma was pretty full on fist flying everywhere it was crazy. the divisions are deeper now and I really like Invicta right up there behind UFC

Just got round to watching these. Only maybe the second Invicta card I've really watched (although I have watched a few Cyborg fights in isolation) and was really impressed, both were great fights.

Co-main was good with the mix of ground and stand up, Maia was impressive. Main was, as you say, a great ground battle. Brown is pretty damn tough.

Just got round to watching these. Only maybe the second Invicta card I've really watched (although I have watched a few Cyborg fights in isolation) and was really impressed, both were great fights.

Co-main was good with the mix of ground and stand up, Maia was impressive. Main was, as you say, a great ground battle. Brown is pretty damn tough.
if your got time its worth going back to the early ones you will notice alot of the fighters as alot fight in the UFC now, I think the first card has close to 100% finishes. at the time was interesting to see considering the lower mens weights were getting flack for lack of finishes

Invicta is back on this weekend two title fights on fight pass. I'll prob d/l when I get a chance. I'm on the go so I don't have a list of who is fighting but know there is two title fights. Regardless I can't remember a terrible invicta card fights are always pretty good.

Because of the lack of spoilers I norm take my time and watch it over a few days. If you go to sherdog they norm do a podcast where they interview each fighter they did a special on the main event which was pretty cool.

Tonya Evinger (C) vs Colleen Schneider
Livia Renata Souza (C) vs Angela Hill
Kalinie Medeiros vs Aline Serio
Latoya Walker vs Charmaine Tweet
Amanda Bell vs Megan Anderson
Christine Stanley vs Shannon Sinn
Rachael Ostovich vs Ariel Beck
Laura Howarth vs Alexa Conners

A lot of names I'm not overly familiar with, but the two title fights should be good. Evinger should submit Schneider, but the Souza/Hill fight should be a barnburner with no obvious favourite. Looking forward to seeing Aussie Megan Anderson in her fight and have been impressed before by Ostovich so will be sure to check out her fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't seen the fights yet, but it looks like the fighters with a lot of potential won. Grasso, Anderson, Inoue and Ladd fit that description and they were all victorious. Not familiar with Niedzwiedz, but she's probably another who fits in with those other names.

Duke's lost 5 in a row now. Damn.

Invicta FC 19 was on today. Haven't seen any of it yet.

Looks like they stripped Honchak of her title without telling her. That's a new one. The UFC cuts fighters and doesn't tell them sometimes. Not telling the fighters they've been cut isn't great. Not telling a fighter that they've been stripped of their title is terrible.

Absolute disgrace that, decision was fine and fair enough due to inactivity, can't think of a reason they would do that other than flat out incompetence.

Invicta FC 22 was on this weekend just gone. I've only watched the last couple of fights.

Souza picked up a very impressive win over Hamasaki. She's good and she'll probably continue getting better for quite a while. At some stage you'd expect the UFC to bring her into their 115 pound division.

It was a fun grappling contest between Evinger and Kunitskaya. Evinger picks up the submission win in the rematch after the first fight was a NC. Evinger's submission loss was correctly overturned, even though I'm surprised it was.

You'd think Evinger would be in the UFC by now. If she was pretty they'd have her fighting for them in a second. That sucks for her and other women who might find themselves in the same situation. This isn't a dig at the UFC because Bellator are the same. It's obviously good to be an attractive man in MMA but it's not as necessary as being an attractive woman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back