Home & Garden Losing rental keys and bond

Remove this Banner Ad

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Long story short, my lease is nearly up so we're about to hand back our keys. According to the scan, we have six. The other person has four and I had two. A little while ago I lost the actual pair of keys, and we had a new pair made up. They're the same colour as the originals thankfully but obviously they're from a different lock smith.

Basically, will they realise? Our landlord has changed estate agencies.

If they do, is it an issue? Will they make us pay for new locks to be put in? Or are they generally pretty good and don't mind so long as you bring back the same amount of keys? If I say I lost them in the house, ie they fell down the plughole, will they be more lenient?

Cheers.

Long story short, my lease is nearly up so we're about to hand back our keys. According to the scan, we have six. The other person has four and I had two. A little while ago I lost the actual pair of keys, and we had a new pair made up. They're the same colour as the originals thankfully but obviously they're from a different lock smith.

Basically, will they realise? Our landlord has changed estate agencies.

If they do, is it an issue? Will they make us pay for new locks to be put in? Or are they generally pretty good and don't mind so long as you bring back the same amount of keys? If I say I lost them in the house, ie they fell down the plughole, will they be more lenient?

Cheers.
Most of the time they will have a photocopy of the keys, it's not an in depth picture of each key so if you have the same amount of keys and they're the same colour you will be fine. I lost around 3 keys to my last rental and replaced them with random keys I had lying around.

In reality it is a stupid system, you could get extra keys cut without the real estate knowing at any time and have spares for when you move out if you were inclined to break back in and steal s**t after you left.