Competitions 2017 podcasts

Remove this Banner Ad

[***Mod edit: all 2017 podcasts will be copied across to this thread***

Original post by Scribe26 ]

Hey chaps and chapettes!

Some friends and I have worked alongside BigFooty in getting the Collingwood BigFooty Podcast back in action.

The goal here is to:

- Take the piss out of each other.
- Contradict ourselves as much as possible.
- Over-exaggerate wins and losses.
- Ride the weekly coaching/performance/selection emotional roller coaster.
- Try not to take ourselves, the players or the game too seriously... but also, dear God, the anger.
- Include the best reactions from social media, embrace the lurkers and look at the best, brightest and sharpest work in the BF forums.
- Occasionally bring some decent ideas and good guests to the table.
- Remember the greats like Shawry, Daics, Bucks, Swanny and Ryan Lonie's right foot.
- Make a podcast that we as closet tragics would listen to and enjoy, even if it wasn't our own voices on the other end.

Thanks should go to the mighty T, Gone Critical, Magpie Girl , Knightmare and others who did some great things with the channel over the last few years.

We've recorded the pilot episode and next week we'll add some bells and whistles after we review the the brave win against the mighty Bears.

We're doing this to make millions of dollars, obviously. But as a side effect, if a few Collingwood supporters enjoy what we're doing or have any ideas for segments, or just want to rip one of us to pieces, we'd be rapt with your feedback, good or bad... but, you know... more good.

This is us, have a listen and enjoy: Low IQ & No Teeth - the Big Footy Collingwood Podcast.

374460_cb761924bc43ca14e7c624778faf1639.png

Last edited:
[***Mod edit: Rnd 10 podcast copied across to this thread***

Original post by Scribe26 ]

The Round 10 Low IQ, No Teeth Collingwood Podcast is in!

The group looks at the point-fest at the MCG on Sunday in the 45-point victory over Brisbane. Can we improve our poor kicking, or do we need to face the reality that we're just not that into goals? The man-love for Lynden Dunn grows, Jarryd Blair's online fandom reaches new levels and we discuss our dark memories from the 2003 Grand Final. There's a look into the all-important Round 11 game against Fremantle and we gather all of the best from the BigFooty forum and social media to paint the full picture of the week. Oh... and fans of former Collingwood great David Fanning may want to look away now!

Listen on right here:

The Rundown

.52:
Which Collingwood player past or present to kick at goal for your life?

4.15: Goal-kicking - is it fixable, or do we need to live with the bad-kicking reality?

5.30: Game discussion - what worked, what didn’t. A game we should have won by 80+?

8.52: Saliba fawns over Maynard, Dom adopts Lynden Dunn as his own.

12.20: Horrible memories from the 2003 Grand Final - the last time we played Brisbane at the G in a day-game.

14.05: A couple of words of support for Fas.

15.21: Lewy’s votes for Round 10.

19.56: Which Collingwood players are in the All Australian conversation after 10 games?

22.05: Saliba’s social media watch - what were the best posts and threads from the board and FB & Twitter comments?

27.30: Jarryd Blair-mania reaches peak levels.

29.45: Dom, Bianca and Mikey leave the bar without paying the bill. When is it not ok to wear your jersey?

33.24: Bianca’s Collingwood Who Am I quiz.

35.00: Mikey’s Ins & Outs for Round 11 vs. Fremantle.

38.45: A tip, BOG and goal-scorer for the Freo clash.

Some posters that may have featured:
mattys123, Apex36, domin8tors, tomj, WakeUpPies, Pie eyed, whiskeytown, shizzle, Good_Old, 1eon, Temploar, zoominchannel7, Quicky, nahnah, Mkcaptain, DuckToaster, Vicky Park

Link: Low IQ & No Teeth - Round 10 - Stop playing with our feels!

The feedback last week was great. If you have ideas for new segments or anything you'd like to see us adopt, give a shout-out!

376167_22e7051b3074f1fced0a9922b8a0a36f.png

The Round 11 Low IQ, No Teeth Collingwood podcast is in!

Make that three in a row! The Pies have beaten the Dockers in Perth for the first time in six years and we’re up and about. The team talks about how they deal with the stress of close Collingwood games, the ups and downs from Round 11 and what we can do to deal with fresh injuries. We cover the best, brightest and most bizarre from social media and the BigFooty forums, finally come clean with the biggest admissions from our days following the Pies and do our best to keep the false hope alive for another week.

You'll find the Podcast at itunes and AudioBoom.

How the ep plays out:

.40: How do you deal with close Collingwood games? Answer: Not well.

3.38: The roll is alive! Can we keep this thing alive with the injuries?

6.35: Playing hurt - the legend of Tyson Goldsack

8.00: Surprise surprise - when the midfield dominates, we look like premiers.

9.50: We look at the votes from Round 11 and give many, many apologies.

18.13: Social media with Saliba. What did the faithful have to say after a big win?

23.00: Does Chris Mayne have special, evil powers?

25.00: The wrap from the VFL - who’s in line for a game in Round 12?

27.30: I WAS WRONG - Our big, embarrassing admissions as pie fans and in life.

32.40: The Collingwood Who Am I - Bianca quizzes the group on past Collingwood duds/champs

35.14: The ins and outs for Round 12 - who replaces the wounded pies?

43.30: Does Greenwood tag, or stay forward?

47.50: Tips and sure things for the match against the Dees.

Some serious rolled gold was mined from the forums this week!

Big Bryza, Apex36, ClaytonM, adammania9, pablo disco bar, Anzacday all feature prominently and Quicky got a controversial vote as poster of the week.

You're going to want to listen to this one.

I've got here some visual guides for the episode... I think it's pretty self-explanatory what me may be talking about - does Chris Mayne have special powers?

18944457_1577881578910870_937667804_n.jpg

19022364_1577881002244261_1846184875_o.jpg

Answer: Yes.

Let me tell you, there's nothing better than a good vent.

And let me tell you, I haven't needed a vent as much as I needed one on Monday night.

With a Collingwood-free weekend ahead, we've done our best to fill the gap.

The Round 12 Low IQ & No Teeth Podcast is in!

Listen to Round 12 - A different kind of Monday torture - on iTunes and Audioboom

Fuelled by frustration, anger and cheap red wine, the group tries to make sense of the heart-breaking loss to Melbourne on Queen’s Birthday. We go through the bizarre umpiring, the second half fade out, the villains and whatever happened to the holding the ball interpretation. We capture the best reactions from BigFooty and social media, vent out our frustrations and look to the big issues as we head into the bye.

.40 - Your most frustrating moment of the game?

3.30 - did the holding the ball rule change when I wasn’t watching?

6.01 - What happened in the second half?

7.57 - Josh Smith - secret Melbourne agent?

11.20 - Is finals over for 2017? Or is there still hope?

16.20 - Jeremy Howe takes the piss for mark of the year

18.15 - How’s Shaz going?

20.12 - Votes for the match

23.8 - Social media with Saliba - the best from the interwebz after the loss

31.39 - The VFL Wrap

37.20 - I hate everything! - The team vents on their most-hated teams and issues in football and life.

46.20 - The Collingwood Who Am I - The group takes hints on a past Collingwood great.

49.21 - A look at the bye - who do we have to come back? Where does Buckley sit?

Posters that got a mention: jjsmitty8, 1eon, zoominchannel7, Apex36, Vicky Park, Anzacday, bellpark, SprooseMoose, & poster of the week, Smoky.
381329_38fd5ba3363d95da2a6b2f7260852ae8.png

The Round 13 Bye Bye Bye podcast is in!

The torture (or beautiful relief, depending on where you sit) of the bye round is almost over and we've taken the opportunity to review parts of the list, look at the best moments of the season so far and naturally take the piss wherever we can as we look ahead to the biggest game of the season to date.

You can find the podcast at iTunes or AudioBoom and we strongly recommend that you tell your friends about it... not because the podcast is good, but because it's important to share things with your friends - they'll think you care, even when you probably don't.

And the podcast is good, so there's also that.

The dreaded bye round has come, giving the group a chance to drink more, get a few chores done around the house and cast a critical eye on the season thus far. Some players on the periphery of the list get a review, we look ahead to the season-defining match against Port Adelaide in Round 14 and take our frustration out on a few of the game’s most annoying commentators and media personalities. Can the pies get the job done over Port? Are finals still alive? Will Chris Mayne be the unlikely hero?

Rundown:

.55: A different kind of podcast intro

1.30:
What did you do during the bye weekend?

5.18:
Where do the pies sit in this bizarre year of football?

12.00:
Mason Cox 2017 Player review

15.34:
Jarryd Blair 2017 Player review

19.21:
Tim Broomhead 2017 Player review

21.08:
Please Stop Doing That: venting on our pet hates in the football world during the bye week

24.30:
Alex Fasolo 2017 Player review

27.36:
Jesse White 2017 Player review

33.45:
The best moments of 2017 so far

38.45:
Levi Greenwood 2017 Player review

41.08:
Brodie Grundy 2017 Player review

42.24:
Tyson Goldsack 2017 Player review

44.08:
Ins and Outs for Round 14 v Port Adelaide. Who comes in for the biggest game of the year?

48.25:
Henry Schade 2017 Player review

50.25:
Jack Crisp 2017 player review

52.30:
Will Hosken-Elliot 2017 Player review

54.05:
Rating the recruits

55.20:
Ben Reid forward or back?

Shameless plugs to people who may appear in this podcast, or have definitely appeared in recent incarnations:

zoomoutchannel7, 1eon, Apex36, Kirby, Quicky, Anzacday, jjsmitty8, Vicky Park, bellpark, SprooseMoose, Smoky (Alan Didak), Big Bryza, ClaytonM, adammania9, pablo disco bar

Enjoy!

The Round 15 - Having some fun as the train derails - podcast is in!

After a break in transmission after the loss to Port Adelaide, the group is back and just in time to watch an already-horrible season turn to dust! Yay!

We've got a few options in hard times like these:

- Sook
- Vent
- Argue
- Deny
- Face reality
- Use a bit of reason and logic
- Have some fun with our predicament

We've chosen all of the above.

The Podcast is available at itunes and Audioboom at the links provided and should you have any problems with connection or a subscription, let me know so I can 100% pass the blame on to the very good, very helpful team at BigFooty.

Don't forget to share the podcast with friends, family and hated ones. zoomoutchannel7 and 1eon have committed to providing each new subscriber with a free slab of beer (or bottle of wine, depending on which way you swing).

Days after the ninth loss of the season and realisation that finals is out the door 2017, the group dissects the problems on and off the field, accepts some harsh truths and realities and has some fun with the current predicament. How did we get here again? Is it all Buckley, or is there other factors at play? What kind of message is the club trying to sell us? Why did the Sopranos end the way it did? We take a look at the VFL win, the ongoing selection mysteries, air some grievances like only Frank Costanza can and find the best from social media and BigFooty.

How the podcast breaksdown:

.50 - What have you had trouble accepting in football and life?

7.50 - Did the Hawthorn game tell the story of the 2017 season?

10.02 - Jordan De Goey - a sign of better things to come?

11.50 - The return of Josh Thomas

14.20 - Inspired by Frank Costanza - The Airing of Grievances!

30.45 - The VFL Wrap - drama at Victoria Park!

34.55 - The votes from round 15 - best midfielder, best defender and best forward from the loss

42.50 - Social media wrap with Saliba - the best melts and posts from Facebook, twitter and BigFooty following the loss.

48.50 - The Ins and Outs for Round 16 vs. Essendon.

58.35 - Where would you sit if Nathan Buckley was reappointed in 2018 and beyond?

61.43 - Tips and predictions for round 16 vs Essendon.

Some posters mentioned this week include: good4footy, Smoky, Good_Old (you're not in the podcast, I just wanted to say how much I love your profile pic), Pedro, campbell023, Frank Gallagher, wicksy (poster of the week) and robertg22

God help us at selection tonight!

View attachment 389359

Remove this Banner Ad

Back