Past Angus Schumacher

Remove this Banner Ad

Schumacher: 'Best moment of my life'

“This is by far the best moment of my life,” Schumacher said.

“I was sitting at home thinking ‘Oh no, I don’t think it’s going to happen and then . . . oh, it’s a dream come true. I’ve gone for the Blues my whole life. I don’t know what to say.”

Schumacher: 'Best moment of my life'

Angus Schumacher turns Carlton supporter into Blues' player

“It’s just unbelievable and still doesn’t seem real,” Schumacher said on Saturday morning.

“I just wanted to get drafted, but for it to happen with Carlton… it’s just a dream come true.

“My uncle bribed me with a couple of Carlton jumpers back when I was young and since then I’ve been on the Blues bandwagon.”

Schumacher’s favourite Blue is Patrick Cripps and he admits to being somewhat starstruck when he received a call from his new team-mate on Saturday morning, while he has already twice spoken with coach Brendan Bolton ahead of his first training session on Monday.

Angus Schumacher turns Carlton supporter into Blues' player

r0_0_3264_2448_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

r0_29_3264_2452_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Congrats to Schuey after he placed equal 3rd in the 2023 Sandover Medal for the WAFL Best and Fairest.
Playing for the same team as the run away winner Hamish Brayshaw, the mighty Royals.
East Perth produced the 1st, 3rd and 4th place getters with a combined total of 61 votes in a 3-2-1 voting system, so it's a credit to Schuey for having a great year.

Still only 24, so it would be good to see him get another crack at it somewhere in 2024.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back