Prediction 2018 Guernsey Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

gee the #15 hasn't had a good run.

piers flanagan (3 games)
daniel gorringe (22 games for suns - 26 total)
dan currie (6 games for suns - 10 total)

hope whoever gets it next can lock it down for a bit longer.

gee the #15 hasn't had a good run.

piers flanagan (3 games)
daniel gorringe (22 games for suns - 26 total)
dan currie (6 games for suns - 10 total)

hope whoever gets it next can lock it down for a bit longer.
So that's Young ? ... so who is 2.. ?

Gary Ablett tells Gold Coast Suns forward Ben Ainsworth to make the No.9 guernsey his own
Tom Boswell, @TomBoswellGCB, Gold Coast Bulletin
November 10, 2017 9:36am
GARY Ablett has told young Suns forward Ben Ainsworth to make his former Gold Coast No.9 guernsey his own.

Ablett was Ainsworth’s first point of contact this week when Gold Coast offered him Ablett’s guernsey following the inaugural captain’s trade back to Geelong.

Ainsworth said a video call with Ablett put his mind at ease as he looks to use the final words of advice from his former teammate to try and mirror part of the success Ablett had at the club where he won four club champion titles and a Brownlow Medal.

“I am very respectful of Gary who has worn the no. 9 before me,” Ainsworth said.

“He is a previous captain who has done so much in it.

“I gave him a message and made sure it was OK that I took on the honour.

“He FaceTimed me straight after and he couldn’t have been more supportive. It put me at ease.

“He told me to take it in my stride and make it my own.

“At the end of the day it is just a number. It’s a privilege and honour to be able to don the no. 9 guernsey and hopefully I can make it half as good as what Gary did.

“The club offered it to me and there was no hesitation. It was a bit nerve-racking accepting it but hopefully I can make Gary proud.”

Ainsworth was Gold Coast’s top pick of the 2016 draft at no. 4 and went on to play 13 games in his first year at the club in the no. 27 guernsey.

Ainsworth began preseason training with the first to four year players on Monday and said he was impressed by new coach Stuart Dew who he has already spoken with about pinch hitting in the midfield next year.

“I’m trying to put on a few more kilograms to get into that midfield space but for now I’m just trying to concentrate on learning the new fundamentals that Dewy is putting in place,” Ainsworth said.

“I’ve had a few conversations with Dewy already and that’s the plan, to pinch hit in the midfield.

“It’s only early days at the moment. We will wait and see in a couple of months in terms of where I sit.”

Think Scotty predicted this , but Young given the number 15

00100450279_R1GMQ4i.jpg.resize.710x399.jpg

He’s a good size is Young. Also just a snippet at the end of that video on the club website of Fiorini - he looks to be a bit bigger too. Would be good if both Young and Fiorini have good years for us.... together with about a dozen others.
I did notice that too, I had to rewatch to find out who it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the below players are yet to be given a guernsey number:

##.
Wil Powell
##. Charlie Ballard
##. Brayden Crossley
##. Connor Nutting
##. Jacob Heron (RL)
##. Jacob Dawson (RL)
##. Josh Jaska (RL)
##. Nicholas Holman (RL)
##. Mackenzie Willis (RL)

numbers available are:

guessing willis is likely to pick up his old 34 again.

Low number considering what other draftees have had in the past, unless that’s his junior number they must rate him highly
Been #27 for our first draft pick last two years (Ainsworth, Powell ). Maybe we should make #27 the number our first draft pick gets every year. Collingwood #35 has this happening already. Would help members quickly identify last years first draftee on field...
As a choice it's a move on number - not many would select it and stick with it.
We need to start to develop a few traditions - maybe start with this...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back