Beauty & Style Online order very late, refunded, finally got it – what to do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I purchased about 150 bucks worth of stuff from an online retailer. Took a week for them to ship it as they had a busy period. About five or six weeks later the tracking number hadn't moved since it was put in the post. Three different international couriers gave me different answers: we gave it to someone else, we never had it, and simply a different answer every time (respectively).

Got in touch with the website and they were pretty helpful. After a few days it became obvious it was probably lost as it hadn't moved and it was a really long time for something that was ordered nearly two months previous. They refunded my money.

Anyway, item randomly shows up last week. No idea what happened.

The company in charge told me to let them know if/when I ever receive it.

Basically, do I tell them I got the product?

Or do I be a rat and feel guilty and simply not?

Will they find out? They're a fairly big company in their field, probably put out 500-1000 orders a week at least I'd say.

Thanks.

Does the tracker say it has been delivered now?

Personally I would let them know in this instance and re-pay for it if they asked. Maybe it is insured anyway and they don't care though?

If they had sent a replacement package and the original package showed up later then screw posting something back overseas, I'd just keep both if that happened but your situation is pretty easy to remedy.

Does the tracker say it has been delivered now?

Personally I would let them know in this instance and re-pay for it if they asked. Maybe it is insured anyway and they don't care though?

If they had sent a replacement package and the original package showed up later then screw posting something back overseas, I'd just keep both if that happened but your situation is pretty easy to remedy.
Yes it does.

I guess I'll let them know. They were Christmas gifts and came late. Maybe they'll make me pay half.

Tell them you got them but that they were late (writing any delivery time promises or similar), and you weren't happy about that.
Offer to pay. Likely it will be all too hard for them and they'll let it go. Our if they take it then they might offer a discourse on future purchase or something.

$150 is with nothing to them compared to a lifetime customer / good weird of mouth.

for your peace of mind, they will not chase you for $150. cost them zillions ., couple of grand ok ,not $150
deny receiving it ,, remember they could not track it them selves , and most likely forgotten about, have a belated free xmas pressy for all your hassle they caused you

Well its yours for free if you want it, just the guilt factor.

Depends how good id been to the retailer. Have you ordered much from them before?

I'd probably be too pissed after six weeks to want to give over money when i don't have to.

It's not asos. It's a website I respect because they sell sort of 'limited' and rare items and I'll always go back to them. Have even been to their factory. So...

if they refunded your money without much hassle, I'd now be telling them your item arrived.

like others said, they probably will just thank you for letting them know and be done.

The exact same thing happened to me when i bought my Nespresso machine from Amazon UK. They took 3 weeks for it to be delivered and when i complained they refunded my money, about 400 pounds. Then it showed up the next day. I wrote to Amazon UK twice to charge my CC accordingly but they never responded. I never understood why they would just let 400 pound slip through, just like that? I haven't bothered since then, my job was to notify them which i did, the rest is their problem, not mine.

Many years ago I ordered a book from Amazon US. After about 1 month I contacted them saying I didnt have it. It was meant to take 2 weeks.

So they sent me a new one.

Pretty much the same time I got 2 deliveries. The new one, and the original which according to the stamps and invoice notes had been all around Austria looking for a Sydney address.

I gave the extra to a family member because Amazon had said not to worry about the original. I figured that meant I didnt have to spend my own money to return it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back