Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The comparisons I initially made, wasn't just about the marking or the attack on the footy. I was talking in terms of the future, if he can build on his tank, then he'll be one of the hardest matchups to play against if put around the forward line, like Riewoldt.
He's played midfield in some of his junior games, so either he becomes a fully fledged midfielder like Roo, or he becomes a forward with an engine, like NRoo. It's a prediction more than a comparison.

Faaaaark

Personally I don't see him as a pure kpf, or even a third tall. I see him as a forward that pinch hits in the middle consistently. I don't think he'll ever have the endurance to play full time mid, but he'll roll through a few centre bounces and around the ground, ala Pav.

Will be a nightmare match up, bringing class, size and physicality to the coal face; then going forward and bringing beautiful running patterns, intensity and power to the forwards.

Imagine a similar split to Petracca last year, with similar ability to impose himself on the game.
He's a forward , don't fight it

The comparisons I initially made, wasn't just about the marking or the attack on the footy. I was talking in terms of the future, if he can build on his tank, then he'll be one of the hardest matchups to play against if put around the forward line, like Riewoldt.
He's played midfield in some of his junior games, so either he becomes a fully fledged midfielder like Roo, or he becomes a forward with an engine, like NRoo. It's a prediction more than a comparison.
he's barely got a kick in midfield when he's played there

He's a forward ! A more aggressive version of tex in a way . A very good kick and has forward smarts

He's not nick Riewoldt as running is his main weakness

He can play half back behind the ball as he showed on Saturday , but he's not going to be Roo like in midfield - maybe as a pinch hitter at best but why ? A good forward target is worth weight in gold and he kicks well and will let the defenders know not to drop in the hole too often

Lots of false things being said IMO

He's only the next Roo as a mid or the next Riewoldt as a forward !

That's after playing 1-2 decent games in his last 15

The potential is exciting but sheesh some people need to chill the f...ark out

Oh he was the next Roo/Fyfe (Fyfe is main player I see in him) the second you look at his profile as a player.

There are a lot of natural tools there, meaning not much else has to go right for Darcy to be at the zenith midfielder wise.

Sorry bud, I just don't see it.

Well, I think that he is the first Darcy Fogerty. He will line up in the Square for the centre bounce, take the ruck duties with his height and leap, tap is down to his own advantage, bust through the pack with 10 men not be able to take him down, he will then bomb it long, then after whipping down to full forward he will crash the pack , bring the ball to ground then scissor kick the ball over his head for a goal.
After whipping back to the square the crowd will chant "Whipping Boy" for his aerobic ability and a new definition will be given.................again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I think of an impressive debut in a pre season game by a 192cm key forward, I think of....Keenan Ramsay.

You are the definition of a one-eyed supporter

Hey Crows fans,

Not satisfied with the highlights of Fogarty that were put up, I went ahead and made an extended version.

I was at the game (brother is a fan) and he was awesome. Did more than just mark, kick & goal. I was impressed that he was able to crash packs and even go back for a little bit.

Enjoy.

Hey Crows fans,

Not satisfied with the highlights of Fogarty that were put up, I went ahead and made an extended version.

I was at the game (brother is a fan) and he was awesome. Did more than just mark, kick & goal. I was impressed that he was able to crash packs and even go back for a little bit.

Enjoy.

Thanks mate, appreciated!

he's barely got a kick in midfield when he's played there

He's a forward ! A more aggressive version of tex in a way . A very good kick and has forward smarts

He's not nick Riewoldt as running is his main weakness

He can play half back behind the ball as he showed on Saturday , but he's not going to be Roo like in midfield - maybe as a pinch hitter at best but why ? A good forward target is worth weight in gold and he kicks well and will let the defenders know not to drop in the hole too often

Lots of false things being said IMO
Hoping he can become like Riewoldt is not something that's totally outrageous. We're not talking the physique comparison, but the roles he can play. He's been talked up as a potential midfielder in the long run, and if you think about it, a forward with a big tank = Riewoldt.

Don't want to keep repeating myself, so anyone can agree or disagree. I promise to not lose sleep over this awesome debate.

Hey Crows fans,

Enjoy.

Priceless

Hoping he can become like Riewoldt is not something that's totally outrageous. We're not talking the physique comparison, but the roles he can play. He's been talked up as a potential midfielder in the long run, and if you think about it, a forward with a big tank = Riewoldt.

Don't want to keep repeating myself, so anyone can agree or disagree. I promise to not lose sleep over this awesome debate.

Where the hell has this "big tank" talk come from, it's the one area of his game that needs serious work, the lad has mentioned that fact numerous times himself. The chances of Darcy ever having the aerobic capacity of St. Nick are negligible at best, St. Nick is one of the most aerobic big men I've ever seen to play the game in my lifetime if not the the absolute number one.

Where the hell has this "big tank" talk come from, it's the one area of his game that needs serious work, the lad has mentioned that fact numerous times himself. The chances of Darcy ever having the aerobic capacity of St. Nick are negligible at best, St. Nick is one of the most aerobic big men I've ever seen to play the game in my lifetime if not the the absolute number one.
Bicks I'll answer it with questions:
- is there talk of him potentially having some game time in the midfield?
- will you need a big tank to play in the midfield?

Bicks I'll answer it with questions:
- is there talk of him potentially having some game time in the midfield?
- will you need a big tank to play in the midfield?
And what has that got to do with Nick Riewoldt??

Ah I get it you're moving the goal posts to suit your argument and get away from your questionable Fogarty comparison to St. Nick.

Hey Crows fans,

Enjoy.

Good on ya, mate. :thumbsu:

Back