Delisted Paddy McCartin

Remove this Banner Ad

With our improved midfield getting the ball to him as well as the potential forwards playing around him hopefully he will start to become the player we hoped he would be . With a mix of other forwards like Membrey , Bruce and our mature aged recruits as well as stars like Gresham and Billings , it’s going to be so hard for other teams to try to double team him as they have done in the past .

Go Saints

With our improved midfield getting the ball to him as well as the potential forwards playing around him hopefully he will start to become the player we hoped he would be . With a mix of other forwards like Membrey , Bruce and our mature aged recruits as well as stars like Gresham and Billings , it’s going to be so hard for other teams to try to double team him as they have done in the past .

Go Saints

Agree BT. It is going to be a tough gig in the Saints forward line this year. You would think Membrey is the only walk up starter at the moment and that leaves Paddy, Bruce and Marshall to compete for two more spots and when King is ready he will push hard as well.

Paddy will need to be at his best early if he is going to stake his claim.

Agree BT. It is going to be a tough gig in the Saints forward line this year. You would think Membrey is the only walk up starter at the moment and that leaves Paddy, Bruce and Marshall to compete for two more spots and when King is ready he will push hard as well.

Paddy will need to be at his best early if he is going to stake his claim.

I really hope Paddy can make it , he’s been through so much with the concussion issues . Also a lot of saints fans seemed to have already written him off too which is disappointing. Just because of that I hope he breaks through this season .

Go Saints

Unfortunately Paddy suffered a concussion early in the JLT game against the bulldogs . I think it was the way his head hit the ground after being in a pack going for the mark . Hopefully he won’t miss too much footy but he has to be looked after by the medical staff.

Don’t Panic !!

Paddy should reconsider his career as a footballer. It is immensely sad, but he should live a long and fruitful life including coming to watch us win a few Grand Finals without him. I would be devastated to read that he ended up like Muhammad Ali. It would be a blight on the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paddy McCartin is still symptomatic from the head knock he received in the JLT series with a timeframe on his return yet to be determined.
It really sucks to see but I hope he doesn’t come back. He needs to think long term and what these concussions are going to do to him.

It really sucks to see but I hope he doesn’t come back. He needs to think long term and what these concussions are going to do to him.

I totally agree , sad as he is still one of my favourites , each year ive been hopeful his luck would change . Its time he thought about his long term health . Football is just a game really .

Don’t Panic !!

This photo made me sad Doc.

I get the feeling they are having a tough conversation. The sort of tough conversation that is above the coaches pay grade.

The fact that this image is emerging so close to the mid season draft is making me consider that the club is now officially leaning on Paddy to pull the pin. And that is causing the sadness surrounding the possibility of a forced retirement to exceed the hopes I have that Paddy will return and play out an above average career.

I will offer a silent prayer to the footy gods that Paddy can turn it around and that this becomes his lowest ebb, and it’s all up hill from here.

I will even sacrifice a meat pie tomorrow as an offering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back