Remove this Banner Ad

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I am making a comeback of sorts at cricket and was wondering if anyone knew which bat I should buy for $200 or less? My preferred bat would obviously be powerful and have a wider middle. I don’t care overly about the weight of the bat either.

Doesn't really matter at that price - all the standard brands will be roughly the same in quality. Just go to a store and pick them up. Last time I went bat shopping I picked up a Slazenger that had an oval-shaped grip towards the bottom and it instantly felt so much more comfortable than any other bat I held. Seemed perfect for my stance and grip, so I grabbed that. Can't beat actually getting it in your hands to make a decision IMO.

Doesn't really matter at that price - all the standard brands will be roughly the same in quality. Just go to a store and pick them up. Last time I went bat shopping I picked up a Slazenger that had an oval-shaped grip towards the bottom and it instantly felt so much more comfortable than any other bat I held. Seemed perfect for my stance and grip, so I grabbed that. Can't beat actually getting it in your hands to make a decision IMO.
I bought this Puma bat for $210. Absolutely love it.
EB215F94-242F-4157-858C-37ABD73339DE.jpeg

I had bought one recently CA plus 10000 camo edition it's great bang for buck.

Attachments

• CAPlus10000Camo2.png
    CAPlus10000Camo2.png
    620.8 KB · Views: 163
G'day Lebbo73, Having just bought a new blade and being short on money I had the exact same problem.
I was up in Sydney near Kingsgrove and popped in for a net session. In there I found this Gray nic for only $200! (Massive sale)
https://www.cricketcentre.com.au/pr...s-velocity-players-choice-cricket-bat/product
The bat feels insane in the hands and I scored 75 in my first knock with it so it did the trick. If you can't find it on special I recommend this one.
https://www.cricketcentre.com.au/product-group/12894-new-balance-dc580-cricket-bat/product
(You should be able to find it for under 200 easy)
Good luck mate

We played Railways at Toowoomba Christian College today and won by 10 wickets. Railways won the toss and I was pissed as I figured it was my best chance at getting a ton. After a fast start we bowled them out for 107 off 30.4 overs.
Both teams only had 10 players.

An old school mate who talked me into making a comeback and I opened the batting and we carved from the start. Tbh we knew we only had to knock it around. We won in the 20th over with Jamie 38* and myself 63*. I hit a 6 and a 4 off consecutive deliveries early in the 20th to end the game before drinks. We went to the team sponsors pub to celebrate a win and the South African import (Aaron’s) 21st birthday with the rest of the club.
It was only when driving home that I realised that I scored the same as Phillip Hughes fatal innings. I know it sounds cornie but it did make me proud to finish on the same score as a fellow left hander who I idolised even though he was younger than me.

Played Railways again in a two day game before Christmas. I sent that bat above into retirement in style. We were chasing 271 for victory and we got there with two wickets to spare. I open the batting and I was last out for 189 trying to push hard for 200 with 8 minutes left in the day.

3 Very nice Scoops.

Attachments

• IMG_20200522_092534.jpg
    IMG_20200522_092534.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20200522_092636.jpg
    IMG_20200522_092636.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20200522_092758.jpg
    IMG_20200522_092758.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 73

Remove this Banner Ad