GDFL Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be a great season in the GDFL. Most even comp in years based on the first 2 rounds results.

Really intersting trying to get a read on the comp so far.
You see Hill get flogged last week but then become really competative this week as well as seeing Inverleigh and Anakie yesterday as well.
Going to be interesting thats for sure!

Seddon a very good get for Corio. Especially him knowing it’s going to be a long year, to still commit shows great character.

Seddon a very good get for Corio. Especially him knowing it’s going to be a long year, to still commit shows great character.
Character? Please....
They're only paying blokes fully up until June and then they have work lined up after that for $2k-$3k per week so they come under the cap. The only reason these Inverleigh blokes are there is for the cash.

Character? Please....
They're only paying blokes fully up until June and then they have work lined up after that for $2k-$3k per week so they come under the cap. The only reason these Inverleigh blokes are there is for the cash.
Yep they’ve gained employment through the footy club. Sorry I didn’t realise Corio was the first club in history to do that. My Bad. I don’t believe Seddon gained employment only Blake and bourkes. So maybe check your info before posting. As I said good character. I’m not sure why someone would not support any bottom level side trying their best to be a bit more competitive surely that’s got to be good for the competition. ie Newcomb

Yep they’ve gained employment through the footy club. Sorry I didn’t realise Corio was the first club in history to do that. My Bad. I don’t believe Seddon gained employment only Blake and bourkes. So maybe check your info before posting. As I said good character. I’m not sure why someone would not support any bottom level side trying their best to be a bit more competitive surely that’s got to be good for the competition. ie Newcomb
I guarantee he's not there next year

Yep Seddon already has employment

I think you would be very surprised if you actually knew what Hutch and the Bourke boys were on.
The club had nothing to do with these boys getting employment and was a done deal getting signed after the employment occurred.
What the boys were after was a flexible club to allow work commitments to take priority, perhaps miss some games and be part of a club that is flexible to allow their training to work around their work.
Put it this way, they would of all got more coin at other clubs.

whats the style of the GDFL like in general? is it open and expansive not as physical and super fast paced. Or. contested and physical and relative speed. Answers would be appreciated. and would all seniors at all clubs be getting paid or just the best few players at each club ?

whats the style of the GDFL like in general? is it open and expansive not as physical and super fast paced. Or. contested and physical and relative speed. Answers would be appreciated. and would all seniors at all clubs be getting paid or just the best few players at each club ?

Most senior players would get something but fair to say not all, every club has a different philosophy.
In regard to the level of footy played, it is most commonly referred to as the 3rd div league although a lot of GDFL tragics would argue that point.
There is and always has been a massive difference between the top and bottom clubs. Most diehard GDFL supporters are comfortable with that and would prefer the AFL leave it alone but again not everyone agrees with that.
Definitely a physical comp, most guys are pretty hard at the ball, unfortunately barring the top few, overall it could do with a bit of up skilling.
Most importantly it is the most fun league to be involved in, everyone knows, likes or at least respects everyone and without doubt it has the best bunch of blokes running it at biard level

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well really depends what comp you have come from to where it would sit with you?
Because it is more crash and bash then the other comps in Geelong but compared to other comps it would looks better! So where did you come from and someone in here would be able to compare it for you

What’s people’s thoughts on this -

Player requests clearance from their current club (Belmont) but is told it will be denied because he had not paid his membership from the year before.

The player in question only played 3 games when he was called to fill in for the reserves because they were short of numbers.

Punchy before you comment, have a think about how ridiculous this actually is from your pres...

Player requests clearance from their current club (Belmont) but is told it will be denied because he had not paid his membership from the year before.

The player in question only played 3 games when he was called to fill in for the reserves because they were short of numbers.

Punchy before you comment, have a think about how ridiculous this actually is from your pres...

Denied clearances can be appealed and although painful, if what you say is correct, AFL Barwon will probably push this through eventually

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think all the results from the weekend are pretty much what was to be expected really. The only tight game to make a call on would have been North and East.
Good to see Werribee finally hit the ground running as well as West.
The questions I now have are, where do the likes of Anakie and Hill sit now? Have Anakie gone a bit backwards?
Thoughts?

Dear Peter, how is the weather down in Lorne? Yes I totally agree....I am sure he will cleared, most clubs refuse the first one, good luck against Birregurra.

Well really depends what comp you have come from to where it would sit with you?
Because it is more crash and bash then the other comps in Geelong but compared to other comps it would looks better! So where did you come from and someone in here would be able to compare it for you
The GFL & BFL are a hell of a lot more physical then the GDFL. The GDFL is soft.
Wait until the interleague and there no one in the league who will get anywhere the likes of Mitch Herbison and co.
They will destroy us

The GFL & BFL are a hell of a lot more physical then the GDFL. The GDFL is soft.
Wait until the interleague and there no one in the league who will get anywhere the likes of Mitch Herbison and co.
They will destroy us
I’m not saying it isn’t but the game play is more scrappy!
Also if you were to look at other comps you would see it’s better then a lot but also not as good as a lot!
So depends on the comps out side if Geelong that you are comparing to!

Tips for this weekend!?

Good call, great round:

Inva v Winch - Cracker of a game
East v Banno - Interesting game for East
BPH v NOrth - up at the hill in the wet, could be interesting
Belmont v Werribee - Will see how good/competitive Belmont will be with home game (go lions;))
Corio v Anakie - is seddon playing? Maybe close but Anakie desperate to have a win....
Giants v Thomson under lights - could be another cracker

Good call, great round:

Inva v Winch - Cracker of a game
East v Banno - Interesting game for East
BPH v NOrth - up at the hill in the wet, could be interesting
Belmont v Werribee - Will see how good/competitive Belmont will be with home game (go lions;))
Corio v Anakie - is seddon playing? Maybe close but Anakie desperate to have a win....
Giants v Thomson under lights - could be another cracker

My Tips:
Winch by 15
Banno by 30
North by 30
Werribee by 40
Anakie by 60
Thomson by 30 (which isn't under lights Punchy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back