Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Papley shares ownership in a race horse with a few of the Carlton boys - what number will he wear for us in 2021?

Is the racehorse called 2020FirstRounderWithSteakKnivesComingBack?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surly the won’t play two games in the daytime Saturday at Etihad when MCG is not being used since Thursday night

Surly the won’t play two games in the daytime Saturday at Etihad when MCG is not being used since Thursday night
I got confused by that as well.
The day (TBC) means Saturday or Sunday is TBC, not that it's a "day" (arvo) game. Carl v Melb and St.K v Dogs are the only games in Melbourne after Friday night.
Very unusual to have 2 games in Sydney on the same weekend. Maybe so the same umpires and commentators can do both games?
Edit: Just read on Foxsports that this will be normal for the Sydney teams. Allows both travelling teams to fly on the same flight. Same when Syd and GWS fly to Melbourne for away games.

Last edited:
I heard it was due to limiting the carrying of tv equipment around to multiple sites. I'm not really fussed...I don't think we play the ground particularly well anymore
Hard to tell given no proper matches but without checking I would think we have had pretty good success in recent pre-season games.

Surely being able to train on the ground you play would have to be an advantage?

Not sure how I feel about playing Melbourne first up - I would be surprised if there is a team more likely to have not done the work in the off season but you never know what you are going to get with them and round 2 is even more of an unknown. I was hoping to get a team more likely to be top 4 so a loss while we are finding out feet won't hurt but we have the opportunity of an upset. Melbourne is more of a must win.

Not sure how I feel about playing Melbourne first up - I would be surprised if there is a team more likely to have not done the work in the off season but you never know what you are going to get with them and round 2 is even more of an unknown. I was hoping to get a team more likely to be top 4 so a loss while we are finding out feet won't hurt but we have the opportunity of an upset. Melbourne is more of a must win.

My thinking going into this was start with a few easy wins, gold coast, freo, st kilda etc get the confidence up particularly with a young group and then watch us potentially pull off a couple of upsets.

Starting against a couple of top 4 teams and loosing would get the media on our backs and the pressure up whether its justifiable or not.
With a young group getting that winning feeling is important.

Melbourne is a tough game because they're probably in the same tier (or just above) as us. If we get a win, which we have a good chance it will pump us up immensely

My thinking going into this was start with a few easy wins, gold coast, freo, st kilda etc get the confidence up particularly with a young group and then watch us potentially pull off a couple of upsets.

Starting against a couple of top 4 teams and loosing would get the media on our backs and the pressure up whether its justifiable or not.
With a young group getting that winning feeling is important.

Melbourne is a tough game because they're probably in the same tier (or just above) as us. If we get a win, which we have a good chance it will pump us up immensely
Yeah I do like that line of thought - it does rely heavily on actually winning those easy games though!! ;)

With zero crowds to worry about, looking forward to playing our home games at Princes Park this season
It's a healthier option than Marvel unless the roof is kept open. There are studies to support open air vs enclosed spaces with La Coroney.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back