Florents Future

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ctl

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Upcoming RFA who was initially a midfielder but has now transitioned to Half Back, could he be swayed to join another team with the promise of midfield minutes, with the added benefit of not having to hand over draft captial.

This will be his long term contract and big decision to stay in syd or come home
He will more than likely get a long term contract on an average wage.
Serviceable half back flanker that will assume Lloyd's role.
20 touch a game flanker with neat skills

If Florent wants midfield minutes I reckon he can get it at the Swans. We moved him to defence based off his form. He's had his best performances running out of defence so I can't see this being a factor.

It'll come down to money, and I don't think many clubs would be desperate for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whats his role next year officially/after this weeks draft?
Hes talked about being more recruiting side of things with under 18s ect

How in depth that is, im not sure

Honestly think his strength lies with recruiting from other clubs and eeking st the best deals for the club, so id rsther he focus in that area

Hes talked about being more recruiting side of things with under 18s ect

How in depth that is, im not sure

Honestly think his strength lies with recruiting from other clubs and eeking st the best deals for the club, so id rsther he focus in that area
so he is going from list manager to a recruiter?

im surprised he is kept at all once he has been replaced by rosa

so he is going from list manager to a recruiter?

im surprised he is kept at all once he has been replaced by rosa
Theres a bit of uncertainty

He may be assistant recruiting manager or something along those lines

He said he could be around for many more years just not as full on/full time

Or he may just help an inexperienced guy in Rosa transition over for a few years

Theres a bit of uncertainty

He may be assistant recruiting manager or something along those lines

He said he could be around for many more years just not as full on/full time

Or he may just help an inexperienced guy in Rosa transition over for a few years
This thread is Titled

Oliver Florent [RFA 2024]​

nothing to do with dodo. As not only a Swans supporter but also a lover of the game and all its intricacies, its actually offensive to read his name. He's basically created a list that hasn't won a final in over 3000 days. He deserves zero respect.
Please take your discussion to the Essendon board or at least to a thread titled Dodorro. Then the 99% of footy fans that have zero respect can chose not to waste their time.

I think he kind of had a dip in form in the second half of the year ….. I think he is a player who has a fair bit of scope for improvement in 2024

Last edited:
This thread is Titled

Oliver Florent [RFA 2024]​

nothing to do with dodo. As not only a Swans supporter but also a lover of the game and all its intricacies, its actually offensive to read his name. He's basically created a list that hasn't won a final in over 3000 days. He deserves zero respect.
Please take your discussion to the Essendon board or at least to a thread titled Dodorro. Then the 99% of footy fans that have zero respect can chose not to waste their time.
It actually wasnt an Essendon person who brought Dodoro into this thread. But of course here on the main board it isn't possible for any Essendon supporter to comment on anything without a vitriolic response denigrating our club and or personel. That is what derailed this thread.
FWIW, I'd have thought it highly likely Florent signs a new contract with Swans before the end of June 2024.His form in the first half of the season determines length of that contract.

It actually wasnt an Essendon person who brought Dodoro into this thread. But of course here on the main board it isn't possible for any Essendon supporter to comment on anything without a vitriolic response denigrating our club and or personel. That is what derailed this thread.
FWIW, I'd have thought it highly likely Florent signs a new contract with Swans before the end of June 2024.His form in the first half of the season determines length of that contract.
Swans will give him a lengthy contract

If the Swans managed to get band 1 compo for him, I would strongly advice they let him go, especially assuming other clubs like North or St Kilda (or Richmond) could probably blow them out of the water financially speaking.

Would be solid cap management and asset acquisition by the Swans if that was to eventuate.

If the Swans managed to get band 1 compo for him, I would strongly advice they let him go, especially assuming other clubs like North or St Kilda (or Richmond) could probably blow them out of the water financially speaking.

Would be solid cap management and asset acquisition by the Swans if that was to eventuate.
I’d rather keep him than get pick 19 in return.

Besides, he’s a decent enough player and can be a solid building block for a good side but if he’s the kind of player that attracts a band one compensation pick there’s something wrong with the compensation scale.

I’d rather keep him than get pick 19 in return.

Besides, he’s a decent enough player and can be a solid building block for a good side but if he’s the kind of player that attracts a band one compensation pick there’s something wrong with the compensation scale.
There is, it's a farce! Compo scale is a farce, points table is a farce, discounts are a farce, AFL is a farce, it goes on and on. Laura Kane can make a name for herself fixing all this.

I saw what you did there Liz, pick 19 is the pick after the Premiers pick (pick 19 IF Laura fixes up the multi farces for 2024). Our teams might meet in the GF

Last edited:
Back