Position 2024 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know where that comes from but that was VFL round 22
He played just one game only in the VFL, is all it is meant to say

He played just one game only in the VFL in 2023, is all it is meant to say. Not a huge sit out. He was a recurring injury list feature in 2023.

Rozee has the best bye and early draw. His form from round 9 or so shows he has five points upside imo.

Brayshaw and Rozee M1 & 2 feels extremely safe to start the year.

I'd go as far as saying that Brayshaw, Rozee and Butters is one of the safest combos in the midfield, IMO. I've got Gulden as well, but those 3 and their bye/ability/upside - seems a no brainer this year.

I'd go as far as saying that Brayshaw, Rozee and Butters is one of the safest combos in the midfield, IMO. I've got Gulden as well, but those 3 and their bye/ability/upside - seems a no brainer this year.
Man I love Butters but my only query with him is whether or not he can sustain a 105+ season. I feel like he lacks enough tackles to really bump his score. He laid 5 or more tackles in 7 games last year. A lot of the 110 fantasy type mids seem to go over that number a lot more regularly. I’ll caveat this and say it’s an extremely small qualm with him though if I’m really nitpicking

Man I love Butters but my only query with him is whether or not he can sustain a 105+ season. I feel like he lacks enough tackles to really bump his score. He laid 5 or more tackles in 7 games last year. A lot of the 110 fantasy type mids seem to go over that number a lot more regularly. I’ll caveat this and say it’s an extremely small qualm with him though if I’m really nitpicking

This should help 😉

Butters on improving his own game
“As a player, I definitely think my midfield craft and my stoppage craft can still grow a lot. I'm a footy nut so I often think about these things 24/7. My hands, my kicking, my running ability, I think everything can improve. When you look at the good players around the competition – Petracca, Boaky over the years, Bontempelli – they all still get better and keep rocking up and finding ways to get better. Defensively as well, being more of a defender in that midfield and laying more tackles and helping out more in that area. Probably giving Willem Drew a bit of a chop out, he does a fair bit of that stuff so I think there's a number of ways and that's what's so exciting, and that's what drives me every year.”

Reality is, there is not a lot between Rozee and Butters now, from a Fantasy perspective. $35k. a 3.5pt average difference.

Wasn't it also just reported he was being given time away from the Club..........? Extended leave or something like that

And as a side note on the groundbreaking Ch9 report - not mentioned but second to Isaac Quaynor was Ed Allen - is a little watch for Round Zero sneaky little debut!

Last edited:
Does he ever wear a top walking around outside the club.
Reminds me a bit of Lids, who knew where every mirror in a change room was and what angle;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I prefer to pay the 35k, just for the more durable body of Rozee
I'm the same, but Butters has only played 13 less games (106 to 93), and both played 25 in 2023, and Rozee 22 / Butters 20 in 2022, so there is not that much in it recently. However you do get that impression hey?!

I'm the same, but Butters has only played 13 less games (106 to 93), and both played 25 in 2023, and Rozee 22 / Butters 20 in 2022, so there is not that much in it recently. However you do get that impression hey?!
It’s not even games missed so much. It’s just things like where Butters always seems to cop knocks and comes off for a bit. Something happened against Carlton where he missed like the whole last quarter

I just have this feeling Newcombe is going to explode this year, looks like a monster now, think its him or LDU over Walsh right now because of his bye. (based on my team currently)

Yeah was reading the Hawks board, and he looks absolutely primed. Apparently has added a turn of speed alongside that frame, so could be the complete player now. Definitely on my radar, and has been in and out of a few of my latest iterations.

How do we feel about Cam Guthrie this year?
team america vomit GIF

There's not exactly a set amount of points per team ...
Yep, team game points can vary wildly - even between two playing teams

1705318757940.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back