Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone EVER pay attention to traffic reports? I admit I rarely drive in peak hour, but I reckon they're a waste of space, and just another way to pimp a sponsor

I do because I'm on the road a lot including at peak hour. The problem is they are mostly inaccurate. By the time you hear about an accident it's usually been sorted out/cleared up. On other days you'll be delayed by an inccident you've heard nothing about. Happened to me on Tuesday, got held up on Canterbury Rd because of a fire truck putting something out. Not a mention on the preceeding traffic report about it.

So yes, I pay attention, but also yes, they are a waste of space.

I do because I'm on the road a lot including at peak hour. The problem is they are mostly inaccurate. By the time you hear about an accident it's usually been sorted out/cleared up. On other days you'll be delayed by an inccident you've heard nothing about. Happened to me on Tuesday, got held up on Canterbury Rd because of a fire truck putting something out. Not a mention on the preceeding traffic report about it.

So yes, I pay attention, but also yes, they are a waste of space.
In the UK our car radios have a system called RDS I think which, if you select it, will automatically interrupt the station you're listening to with the latest traffic report in your area.

On the other hand, I liked the story Hookesy told about Geoff Lawson being a bit of a campaigner after they played golf one day in Sydney.

From what I recall, Hookesy had organised a game for Lawson, so the played together. Not only did Hookesy get Geoff a free game in a nice course, he also got him some free clothes and other apparel from a sponsor. When Lawson was driving David back to his hotel, he dropped him off a few hundred metres from his destination, making him walk a fair way with his clubs and other stuff, because it was slightly inconvenient for Henry to go through a few extra sets of lights. It sounded just like the scene in Seinfeld when Wendy Mallick made Elaine walk for ages with her skis :tongueoutv1:

Geoff Lawson is a snob. He used to be on the ABC radio cricket coverage and would always refer to the Randwick end of the SCG as the University end, just to remind everyone that he went to university. Probably didn't want to drop off Hooksey at his hotel because it wasn't a posh enough part of town.

Geoff Lawson is a snob. He used to be on the ABC radio cricket coverage and would always refer to the Paddington end of the SCG as the University end, just to remind everyone that he went to university. Probably didn't want to drop off Hooksey at his hotel because it wasn't a posh enough part of town.
ah yeah, Lawson came across as arrogant on the ABC. Dogmatic, argumentative, etc. He was NEVER wrong. I also had the impression he REALLY rated his Test career which, given his bowling average of 30.56 and strike rate of 62, I had trouble copping.
On the plus side, I guess it was good that he no problem airing his strong opinions

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what the take on this is

I heard Turfy was at a function the other week and wouldn't even wish Ox a happy birthday!

Clearly hasn't got over the dodgy tip on the 5th at Randwick from 20 years ago.

Interesting that when the live cricket ends it goes into Sportsday which is in the middle of broadcasting. Does this Sportsday feed go out online or something? You'd think it would be live cricket then Sportsday would begin after the end of play.
Yes, it's messy at times. A few seconds after 7pm tonight, they cut to the tennis while De Stoop was mid-sentence. I think the whole show goes into the regional areas, then is podcast. The last couple of shows on the podcast are only about 68 mins, so I'm not sure if they're complete

Last edited:
Surprise guest KB?
Surely 20 mins of schibecis sports wrap is overkill.
Is that Matt Thompson from AFL.com.au ? Haven't heard him in a while he was a guy who had a bit of knowledge on the game for a journo. I liked the way he spoke. Had the pause for a effect worked out. Idk what you call that?

Surprise guest KB?
Is that Matt Thompson from AFL.com.au ? Haven't heard him in a while he was a guy who had a bit of knowledge on the game for a journo. I liked the way he spoke. Had the pause for a effect worked out. Idk what you call that?

KB didn’t go back to Richmond for decades until all the blokes that sacked him on the board had left. He isn’t coming on for a 10 minute wankfest about how great SEN used to be whilst Hutchy is still at the helm.

Surprise guest KB?

he was well rounded. Did a lot of summers. I recall vividly he strongly and angrily defending michael clarke and asked callers who disagreed whats wrong with you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back