Position 2024 Fantasy Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to think rankine is a genuine smokey

Mainly mids today in match sim and I’m thinking he could be the one of the Rachelle, pedlar, rankine trio to get the bigger share (Rachelle no contact hat after a corkie earlier in week, no CBAs but that would be reason)

Priced at 75 so would be a risky pick but his 100 vs melb (and he pinged his hammy early in the last) where he had no CBAs but was dominant playing a high forward role stands out as a sign he could be a genuine scorer when he’s been tarred as a low possession high impact relied on goals type

Starting to think rankine is a genuine smokey

Mainly mids today in match sim and I’m thinking he could be the one of the Rachelle, pedlar, rankine trio to get the bigger share (Rachelle no contact hat after a corkie earlier in week, no CBAs but that would be reason)

Priced at 75 so would be a risky pick but his 100 vs melb (and he pinged his hammy early in the last) where he had no CBAs but was dominant playing a high forward role stands out as a sign he could be a genuine scorer when he’s been tarred as a low possession high impact relied on goals type
See him a lot like a Shai Bolton type - will get increasing mid time because he mixes it up in there, but oh so valuable going fwd.

Last edited:

Very much so. And if he were to ave 85 but with the ceiling if Bolton then with the right run of form he’d be a good pick
Probably still too much difference between his good and his bad to be picked in Fantasy just yet, but would like him in Draft

Probably still too much difference between his good and his bad to be picked in Fantasy just yet, but would like him in Draft
That’s the risk but I really expect this to be the year he irons that out

He had no cba last year (think 13% rd 2 then no more all year), so that’s the territory as a fwd

But if he’s regularly getting some CBAs and he’s by all reports dominated PS there’s no reason those real floor games don’t go and last year he had 3x 100 +, 3x 90 + 3x80 + so we know he’s capable of a decent ceiling and that’s with no cba.

But I do agree and it’s why I’m unlikely to start him. I can just see it working

What’s people’s thoughts on fyfe? He’s a real hard one.

Priced in that perfect level that allows for lots of scope to rise in price (only needs to go 75 to be worth it, 80s for 6 weeks and he’s a smash)

The injury risk itself I’m Prepared to take on the risk

But
- what’s his scoring potential these days? (Surely 75+ is easily achievable)

- how much mid time does he really get (talk is positive, maybe airs a tight rotation with young, seeing, brayshaw, fyfe having about 75% each, maybe fyfe 60-65% to increase other 3 and that should be enough)

- what’s his sub risk in the 1st 8 rds in particular? This is probably the big one. Certainly the one that makes me most hesitant to start him as there must be some risk and if he is it absolutely kills the pick (lost cash, must trade)

Priced in that perfect level that allows for lots of scope to rise in price (only needs to go 75 to be worth it, 80s for 6 weeks and he’s a smash)

But

- how much mid time does he really get (talk is positive, maybe airs a tight rotation with young, seeing, brayshaw, fyfe having about 75% each, maybe fyfe 60-65% to increase other 3 and that should be enough)

- what’s his sub risk in the 1st 8 rds in particular? This is probably the big one. Certainly the one that makes me most hesitant to start him as there must be some risk and if he is it absolutely kills the pick (lost cash, must trade)
BIG Sub risk ....Coach has indicated Fyfe will be managed over 6 day breaks ....the first 3 rounds for FREO, all have 6 day breaks

I can't .... I just can't !

BIG Sub risk ....Coach has indicated Fyfe will be managed over 6 day breaks ....the first 3 rounds for FREO, all have 6 day breaks

I can't .... I just can't !
I can’t but I might!
He’s the perfect price point for my team so I want it to work / be an option

Jordon is similar, great price but I worry about him getting vested too. At least with him we will know his early rate of cash gen based on rd 0

tbh I can’t really settle on anything up forward u til I know what Billings, Adams, Jordon, in particular do (and to a lesser extebt flander) as those who score well and get that initial drop in BE I’ll be riding but any of this underwhelm I’ll be looking at rd 1 starters

I can’t but I might!
He’s the perfect price point for my team so I want it to work / be an option

Jordon is similar, great price but I worry about him getting vested too. At least with him we will know his early rate of cash gen based on rd 0

tbh I can’t really settle on anything up forward u til I know what Billings, Adams, Jordon, in particular do (and to a lesser extebt flander) as those who score well and get that initial drop in BE I’ll be riding but any of this underwhelm I’ll be looking at rd 1 starters
Round 0 will help....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But

Can’t do it. We saw last year he went down after 4-5 games.

What’s the R0 line?

anything under 80 I def pass

85 feels like I may still pass

90 plus I pick him I think but could see why some still wouldn’t

also depends on what other players do that rd, esp those midpricers

50%+ CBAs is my line, as long as his role is fine he will score and make money, even if he has a bad game round 0
Re: Adams: I agree with Stallon.

I’m not so focussed on the score; I would like to see a good role.

My gut is rankine gets the least (but plays high and gets to stoppages around the griund), and the others may get similar (we gave Racha lot early and Peds more later in year)
As mentioned by someone else in a more recent post, Rankine is involved in centre bounce action this preseason.

Read somewhere in the last few days that the time in there is significant and he is excelling. Not sure where I saw it though.
Imma continue my Freo player hyping and say Jackson is close to a must pick given what the forwards look like. You have to basically ignore the first 7 rounds last year. He was just figuring out his role and how to play. You also have to remove the 36 against Dogs later in the year where he was plonked in the goal square with some kind of injury.

Therefore games he played with Darcy where neither were injured were rounds 8,9,10, 15, 17 and 18 where he averaged 89.5, basically what he's priced at. Add in to that and he's hitting that mark where bigger players explode and Darcy will get injured at some point and is there really much better options?
Would certainly add great flexibility with the Gawn and Grundy byes. Just wish i could trust the role.
Added bonus for Jackson is he lets you pick Gawn and not worry as much about the bye
Spot on.

Collingwood track watch: Beau McCreery shines in new role​

Craig McRae appears to have found another midfield threat to boost Collingwood’s premiership defence

Craig McRae may have unearthed a new midfield weaponafter Beau McCreery shone during a lengthy intra-club hitout on Friday.

McCreery had been introduced into some centre bounce drills over summer but played the entire of the first half of match simulation in the guts, creating a formidable combination with Jordan De Goey.

One of the club’s best runners from a half-forward flank, McCreery brought his usual explosion to the midfield and burst out of a couple of stoppages.

He also stormed forward after a throw in on the wing, beating his midfield opponent forward to slot a snap from the pocket.

View attachment 1897201

Pound for pound would be about the strongest guy around. I think he’s a bit like Stringer - once he gets a head of steam he’s hard to stop; and if he tackles someone, they stay tackled. So powerful.

If he has mid skills and the role he’s a great pick. Big if’s.

Re McCreery, he would need to be a better option than Tsatas in my team, as they are priced similarly.

At the F5 position…. But then he has the early Bye…

Decisions decisions decisions

Fyfe hasn't played forward in any of the 3 match sims the past 3 weeks

Played the majority of the game the first 2 weeks but yesterdays intraclub he only did a half and then did running for the next half

He is probably a sub risk but jeez he looks to be a full time midfielder again

On the plus side for fantasy, Freo usually have an injury before using a tactical sub, on the negative side, Fyfe is a major culprit for being that injured sub player

Played the majority of the game the first 2 weeks but yesterdays intraclub he only did a half and then did running for the next half

On the plus side for fantasy, Freo usually have an injury before using a tactical sub, on the negative side, Fyfe is a major culprit for being that injured sub player
Will break at some stage in the first 8 weeks, but not before hindering Brayshaw, Serong & Young's scoring...makes want to fade all the Freo mids now after being keen on all three of them previously...

Wasn't there an article after a conversation with the Coach that they have given up of the fwd experiment - that it is all in on a midfield role for 2024. Think it may have been a pick up by AFL Rankings

Re: Adams: I agree with Stallon.

I’m not so focussed on the score; I would like to see a good role.
I don’t disagree except for the fact that there a number of R6 bye potential options and I’m not sure you can plan to keep many

So that 1st score while not be all and end all for future prediction, it will have a decent impact on price rises before you may want to trade out

What are your PS game dates?
Longmuire said about having a number of 6 day breaks and managing him to be cgerryvrioe for season stsrt

It wasn’t clear to me if he meant to start the year or within PS

You do have a number of 6 day breaks to start season (3?) but to start him I’d be hoping he meant manage him priced 1 so he can handle those uninterrupted.

I think I’ll end up wanting to roll the dice on fyfe unless Jordon, Adams, Billings all have good rd 0s but at least 1 is bound to do something that makes them a questionable selection

Wasn't there an article after a conversation with the Coach that they have given up of the fwd experiment - that it is all in on a midfield role for 2024. Think it may have been a pick up by AFL Rankings
I think most expect him to rest forward though

He genuinely hasn't in all 3 of the match Sims/intraclubs

It's been full midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back