Discussion Tasmania AFL Jumper Design

Remove this Banner Ad

The "Tasmanian" Football Club is the demonym.

The "Tasmania" Football Club is the trading name and the name used in official documentation and anything corporate.

The "Tasmanian" Devils is the colloquial demonym.

The "Tasmania" Devils is how we refer to the footy club or the team unless it's in a professional matter.

Might be wishy washy but those are my interpretations.

Informally, it’ll be the Tassie Devils.
Demonym - appropriate!

So the name will be what we expected and despite this thread, showing so many very interesting and good-looking designs, they will wear the SOO design, despite the fact Adelaide (rightly IMO) were not allowed to wear the SA equivalent as a one-off ten years ago. I can't say I am surprised.
There's another team in SA - not the case with Tas

I'm sure well over 50 percent of the playing squad that come from Victoria, s.a, w.a, nsw and qld will love wearing the Tasmanian state jumper, whilst playing club footy 🙄.

Where have they said it's going to be the State jumper? All I have seen is Devils and a 'predominantly green' jumper.....would love to see a two tone Green, state green with modern lime green.....definitely need to capture the kids with a modern take I'm my opinion

Where have they said it's going to be the State jumper? All I have seen is Devils and a 'predominantly green' jumper.....would love to see a two tone Green, state green with modern lime green.....definitely need to capture the kids with a modern take I'm my opinion
WB tassie devil will do that

John ralph article in the Herald Sun.

John ralph article in the Herald Sun.
Dumb if it's actual state design, thought it meant a predominantly green strip like the state jumper......Who can mock up a State Green with lime green Geelong style jumper or vertical stripe traditional look......would look timeless and stand out in my opinion

Dumb if it's actual state design, thought it meant a predominantly green strip like the state jumper......Who can mock up a State Green with lime green Geelong style jumper or vertical stripe traditional look......would look timeless and stand out in my opinion
just lime green and state green?

1709606846825.png
Posted this a few pages back

The Tasmania Devils branding shows the lack of creativity in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How bloody boring if they go the standard green jumper with map and bold T in the middle. You’re entering the AFL! Make it something new and exciting. Sure, wear that jumper a couple of times a year but surely they have to present something new

I know a lot of you are disappointed but I think we all need to remember it’s not for us and it’s for the Tasmanians. This seems to be what they want the most so I think we should be happy for them.

There’s also no reason why they can’t have some killer looking away and clash guernseys too.

The "Tasmanian" Football Club is the demonym.

The "Tasmania" Football Club is the trading name and the name used in official documentation and anything corporate.

The "Tasmanian" Devils is the colloquial demonym.

The "Tasmania" Devils is how we refer to the footy club or the team unless it's in a professional matter.

Might be wishy washy but those are my interpretations.

Informally, it’ll be the Tassie Devils.
That clears everything, cheers

I know a lot of you are disappointed but I think we all need to remember it’s not for us and it’s for the Tasmanians. This seems to be what they want the most so I think we should be happy for them.
Based on what? Football clubs have a history of rigging polls for this kind of stuff. We have no reason to believe the decisions will fairly reflect the input from the Tasmanian public.

The reveal of club name, colours and jumper is usually the most exciting part. This though would be the biggest non event in history rolling out the state jumper.

I thought that they would go with a new jumper purely to keep the state jumper a representative jumper. If people don't mind then I think it's fine though. It's a classic design that already has a strong brand to it. No offense to the designs in this thread but every pitch I've seen just feels like an imitation of the state jumper or change for the sake of change. I haven't seen any potential designs that feel right like the state jumper does.

I would be so hugely disapointed if they just use the state jumper with the Tassie Map in the middle, would be another fail for a new club after both Gold Coast and GWS. THey need a new identity. I quickly threw a lot of the amazing options we have on this forum together just to show how the colours can work in so many new and interesting ways and still keep the Tasmanian football tradition

Attachments

• TASSIE.jpg
    TASSIE.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 109
I would be so hugely disapointed if they just use the state jumper with the Tassie Map in the middle, would be another fail for a new club after both Gold Coast and GWS. THey need a new identity. I quickly threw a lot of the amazing options we have on this forum together just to show how the colours can work in so many new and interesting ways and still keep the Tasmanian football tradition

The only lasting hope is the map is there but surrounded by something more than just a green background. Otherwise it's a bit of suns 2.0 with a s**t logo with a nothing background.

The only lasting hope is the map is there but surrounded by something more than just a green background. Otherwise it's a bit of suns 2.0 with a s**t logo with a nothing background.
Even that would be such a let down I thin kthou I agree better. But that jumper should be reserved for the state team ot all the players from other states, give the state something new to get behind and make it there own. Just sticking a symbol on a jumper is so design by committee and short sighted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back