Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Vents are all warranted. We all know we can comeback from a treacle start because we do it in half of our wins.

How about turning up at the start of the game!

We’d actually be a top eight side easy if we started well.

Imagine getting 9 out of ten goals in a game and doing it from when the scores were pretty much level.

We’ll lose to a lot of half decent teams playing this badly at the start of games.

Vents are all warranted. We all know we can comeback from a treacle start because we do it in half of our wins.

How about turning up at the start of the game!
I know some people can turn a blind eye to that and “as long as we win it’s all kosher”, but it’s clearly an issue that needs fixing. And we won’t always get away with poor starts and it will cost us games in the future

I know some people can turn a blind eye to that and “as long as we win it’s all kosher”, but it’s clearly an issue that needs fixing. And we won’t always get away with poor starts and it will cost us games in the future
I think there are good reasons for our slow starts this season - the first week was early season nerves (Brisbane came in after having a week where they got to iron out their game plan) - this week we had to reshuffle the team and come in with a 5.5 day break (which is why so many believed North had a chance)

but we have to believe in them, as supporters - that's our job
Nah sorry that's rubbish

I'll support them until the day I die but I'll critisise them if they're not doing their job properly. Most of the 1st half vents today were warranted.

You can support while being realistic

there's numerous incidents where people have called us campaigners and slack - someone even had a crack at Serong being weak. Saying you are frustrated, are turning it off, or want to go to Bunnings is different to straight out name calling etc It makes it a s**t experience for those who are level headed. JMHO

I think there are good reasons for our slow starts this season - the first week was early season nerves (Brisbane came in after having a week where they got to iron out their game plan) - this week we had to reshuffle the team and come in with a 5.5 day break (which is why so many believed North had a chance)
Except this issue has been around for the best part of the last two years and it doesn’t seem to be going away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North looked very good today and they are listed at 1 year 8 months younger than us.
My vent is with the F**G AFL for massively overdoing the priority picks and other favours to North.
Double vent: in 2 years North will be extremely good. They may yet rain on our parade.

North looked very good today and they are listed at 1 year 8 months younger than us.
My vent is with the F**G AFL for massively overdoing the priority picks and other favours to North.
Double vent: in 2 years North will be extremely good. They may yet rain on our parade.
This says 0.6 of a year and 7 games younger/less experience.

I agree re. priority picks and assistance packages, that said we're victims if our our own refusal to give up as a club and lose on purpose at any point, be it at the match committee or as a playing group.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240323_144528_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240323_144528_Chrome.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20240323_144507_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240323_144507_Chrome.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Love the purple uniforms but also love our all white away kits, I would double down and go all white with our chevrons being being white too (Real Madrid style or Leeds united) Not a fan of this purple Guernsey with white shorts style. Too wannabe VFL.

Love the purple uniforms but also love our all white away kits, I would double down and go all white with our chevrons being being white too (Real Madrid style or Leeds united) Not a fan of this purple Guernsey with white shorts style. Too wannabe VFL.

Couldn't. The white jumpers clash too much with North's jumpers.

This says 0.6 of a year and 7 games younger/less experience.

I agree re. priority picks and assistance packages, that said we're victims if our our own refusal to give up as a club and lose on purpose at any point, be it at the match committee or as a playing group.
I agree Draftguru says that. I don't think that's particularly relevant to today's teams. Here they are (nb sans JOM).

1711191848441.png

Love it when we wear the purple away. We should always do it (if there is no clash).

The directing of the tv cameramen drives me f6#*king nuts! zoom in close ups, the player kicks or handballs to someone out of shot, then , zoom out or change camera angle to completely disorientate the viewer.
It is amateur hour or worse some attempt at dramatic “avant garde” bull s**t.
Just keep it simple and let the viewer see ahead of the game when possible.
End rant.

The directing of the tv cameramen drives me f6#*king nuts! zoom in close ups, the player kicks or handballs to someone out of shot, then , zoom out or change camera angle to completely disorientate the viewer.
It is amateur hour or worse some attempt at dramatic “avant garde” bull s**t.
Just keep it simple and let the viewer see ahead of the game when possible.
End rant.

100% this. We often get the work experience camera crew.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back