Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

Continuing discussion of the Jeremy Finlayson verdict can be taken to the eponymous thread in Black Diamond Corner.

Any additional discussion in this thread will be deleted.

Ok, so this is new discussion, not on the verdict but still on the topic - I don't know Jeremy is doing himself any favours here by commenting on the suspension. And I wonder how it tipped him over the edge.

But comments he made speaking on wife Kellie’s podcast, S*** Talkers, which was recorded on Tuesday and released on Wednesday, are at odds with the official line he towed via Port Adelaide’s website just over a week ago.

As a guest host on the show with his wife, Finlayson took part in a segment called “the good, the bad, the offensive”, where he was asked to share something that resonated with him for each category in recent days.

“My ‘good’ is having you and Soph (their daughter) back,” Jeremy said to Kellie on the podcast.

“You made a trip up to Sydney for a couple of days, which was hard, so it’s good to have you two back.

“My ‘bad’ would have to be — not about me — it would have to be what happened in Bondi, what happened in the church. So, that’s probably my ‘bad’.

“My ‘offensive’ is: it p***ed me off that I got a three-week suspension. That’s it, that’s tipped me over the edge. That’s about it — we’ll leave it there and move on.”

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/jere...n-about-three-match-afl-suspension-c-14342869

Ok, so this is new discussion, not on the verdict but still on the topic - I don't know Jeremy is doing himself any favours here by commenting on the suspension. And I wonder how it tipped him over the edge.

But comments he made speaking on wife Kellie’s podcast, S*** Talkers, which was recorded on Tuesday and released on Wednesday, are at odds with the official line he towed via Port Adelaide’s website just over a week ago.

As a guest host on the show with his wife, Finlayson took part in a segment called “the good, the bad, the offensive”, where he was asked to share something that resonated with him for each category in recent days.

“My ‘good’ is having you and Soph (their daughter) back,” Jeremy said to Kellie on the podcast.

“You made a trip up to Sydney for a couple of days, which was hard, so it’s good to have you two back.

“My ‘bad’ would have to be — not about me — it would have to be what happened in Bondi, what happened in the church. So, that’s probably my ‘bad’.

“My ‘offensive’ is: it p***ed me off that I got a three-week suspension. That’s it, that’s tipped me over the edge. That’s about it — we’ll leave it there and move on.”

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/jere...n-about-three-match-afl-suspension-c-14342869

She took several Twitter potshots at The Advertiser this morning which have since been deleted.

Interesting approach given she writes a (presumably) paid weekly article.

CiSXviwWkAAHtMB.jpg

Why would you have a podcast segment that asks for someone to say something offensive? Why would you ask a footy player to answer that knowing how scrutinised footy players are? Why would you ask your partner to answer that knowing how scrutinised they would be? Why would you choose to answer it knowing how scrutinised whatever you answer will be? Why would you talk about your suspension in any way?

In a story that's already painting Finlayson in a bad light this does nothing to help it. Very stupid stuff

BLOODY WELL SAID

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can be pissed off, but just say it to Kellie in the lounge room with no microphones on.
Why does it matter now what he says, he has already been suspended, are you worried they will suspend him again?

the 3 weeks has the potential to cost him his career too. He is allowed to be pissed off about that, and now that he has already copped his huge & unprecedented punishment he doesn't have to tow the company line anymore.

Internally the club is probably pissed off too but would never publicly admit it.

Absolute pelican. It's times like these that you just need to put your head down and shut up. Don't do any media, stay out of the spotlight, make it as if you are non-existent to anyone other than family, close friends and your footy Club.

Instead, the muppet decides to open his fat mouth on a podcast saying he's pissed off about his suspension. Both Jeremy and Kellie have a lot to answer for - not necessarily anything formal, but just in terms of common sense, their actions in this instance are of two people who are literally tone deaf.

I have little doubt the Club will address this matter internally. It's this kind of stupidity which (taken to the extreme) can disengage sponsors etc. Such a stupid thing to do irrespective of whether or not he is in his right to be pissed off about it all.

Luckily when you delete comments on the internet, it's like they never existed. :confusedv1:

C3EA5DAB-810F-4513-89CB-ADB81D8E2F89.jpeg

The realisation that deleted DM’s weren’t actually deleted was the cherry on top (and a fresh chance to read unhinged abuse from as far back as 2004 😅)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back