Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's face it, most footballers and their partners really aren't that bright
They're where they are due to sporting talent and typically good looks

I've always said you'd need to be a bit simple to be a footballer
A lot of repetition, grind and grunt isn't what most educated people would want to do all day every day

Is he pissed off at the size of the punishment because he thinks it’s too harsh or is he pissed off with himself because his reckless slur has cost him to miss 3 matches? Either way not the smartest thing to say publicly.

I think the lack of clarity there might do him some favours, as he could argue he's pissed off with himself. Considering the AFL came out and said they'd specifically reduced the amount of weeks penalty due to his immediate contrition and public apology. This doesn't do him any favours if the AFL view it to be a retraction.

He's an idiot.

Where's the Club Media manager in this, who thought it was a good idea to do a podcast so soon after a suspension.

Given the podcast was done with his wife I doubt they were even aware of it.

Kellie laughing is the strange part. I dont know if thats a result of being on a podcast but it just seems odd to laugh at that.

If im being honest i think Jeremy’s on field attitude needs to change. Doe anyone else notice how often he blasts his team mates when they dont hit him lace out? I understand hes going through a lot but he may need to look at his anger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comedy Reaction GIF by Jo Koy

the AFL is a s**t organization randomly banning someone for saying something, one of our players is calling it out and our own fans are shitting themselves and getting scared, those people are the real problem

He said he's pissed off about being suspended. is hat really a shock to anyone?

it's probably not the fact he got suspended, but mroe-so his actions in getting his suspension which is what has "pushed him over the edge".

Nothing to see here, move on.

It's taken time, but I think we've finally found someone who crossed the previously unachievable threshold of being even more stupid then Tex "woe is me" Walker.

I guess he gets really a get these days, brother.

This is a nothing story. But of course it's an excuse to zombify the story's almost dead corpse and parade it round a little longer.
Fwiw I have no problem with the 3 weeks. There's no place to say what he did, but he's also completely entitled to feel pissed at its severity. Especially given good bloke Clarko' s lil oopsie. But seriously, you did the apology. Now leave it alone. Saying one offensive word to a straight guy is a dumb thing to do but it doesn't make you a homophobe. Being seen in any way to defend it though, it doesn't help

Remove this Banner Ad

Back