Preview 2024 Rd 7 Carlton v Geelong Saturday 27 April 4:35PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over to the Game Day thread …

Kemp has the athleticism to at least compete with Cameron up the ground. Worried he’ll get lost when Jeremy pushes back and turns him around though - no shame in that, Cameron is elite for a reason.

Weitering looked slow playing on Tex; don’t want him anywhere near Cameron.

Young may take him when he starts deep and rely on Kemp and Weitering (and Newman) to kill the contest.

Orazio has lost that electric speed he had in his prime, still quick enough but it looks like injuries may have taken a toll with what was a key part of his game, still has the football smarts but atm just a few glimpses within games, he’s trying but not near the player he was before…

I just think he’s building confidence in his body, in an ideal world you would hope that happened in the magoos and kicking some sausage rolls before coming into the side but our injury list for his type is too extensive.

I don’t think he’s far off

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kemp has the athleticism to at least compete with Cameron up the ground. Worried he’ll get lost when Jeremy pushes back and turns him around though - no shame in that, Cameron is elite for a reason.

Weitering looked slow playing on Tex; don’t want him anywhere near Cameron.

Young may take him when he starts deep and rely on Kemp and Weitering (and Newman) to kill the contest.

Cameron will be thinking 3 votes if he hears Kemp will be standing him on the weekend..

If we want to improve, we need to replace Orazio.
He has had a good go at it for very little return.

Hoping that Fog may come up, if not then give the kid Moir an opportunity.

He is more like Martin also in that he can play that medium forward role and take a mark.

His form in the two's yesterday warrants it also I feel.
Orazio will be better suited to the G. I think we go into the game unchanged.

So you’re thinking 80 plus I assume.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well it depends how many tickets available to our members. But they have like 70k members don't they? I would have thought at least 35-40 of their supporters will show up given their start to the season. It's not like they are coming from Sydney

I just think he’s building confidence in his body, in an ideal world you would hope that happened in the magoos and kicking some sausage rolls before coming into the side but our injury list for his type is too extensive.

Bonus for us if he can string some impactful performances together…

Really?

Who are their dominant key backs?

View attachment 1967035

SDK still very raw and hardly in sparkling form.

Stewart out.

Jack Henry? 192cm...

SDK on Harry. Harry would love that match up.

Who gets Chuck? Blicavs?

Who gets Tom?!

They play a top level team defence.

Have you not seen how teams with inferior team defence structures compared to Geelong can restrict us scoring wise for large chunks of the game?

If we choose to simply just bomb it long to packs they will be set up well to deal with that.

Depends on Weitering's cork. If he isn't moving well, you have him on Hawkins who is the less mobile of their forwards.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sorry Katman I was being a little mischiefs with my last comment - no emoji didn't help. ;)
IMO there is no way Weitering can play on Cameron. He will destroy him with his athleticism and run.
Weitering just cannot play on mobile forwards, only the opposition gorillas, and the deeper the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantasia cannot stand up in a tackle; and these days you need to have some power through the legs and hips to at least dish of a handball when you are confronted with a tackle or an opposition player blocking his way... I hope I am wrong w him [ and with confidence he will turn it around] but when you compare him to someone like Jordan Boyd who is about the same weight the difference in the way they attack the contest is like chalk and cheese...We stuck with O'Brien for too long considering he had the same problem with physicality

I’d like to know his score involvements. Seems to bob up in successful chains.

Proud of Kemp the last few weeks after coming back in. Another 20 games into him and he'll be ready to take the next step. Marchy/Young on notice. Special game on the horizon - I can feel it.

Also nfi what we do with Carroll. Surprised he was the sub as I thought the faster half-forward experiment was working okay. Like Kemp, hope he keeps getting games - even in a 'every third game sub' kind of way. Need to build and develop as we go (if they're earning it).

Orazio has lost that electric speed he had in his prime, still quick enough but it looks like injuries may have taken a toll with what was a key part of his game, still has the football smarts but atm just a few glimpses within games, he’s trying but not near the player he was before…
It’s academic. He’s the best we’ve got for now. I don’t think Moir is ready.

Young to Cameron ? Reckon Kemp may be more suited as he has the pace and having Kemp follow Cameron up the ground may be better for us … we get to utilise Kemp in much more dangerous positions
Ideal world for me is kemp to Cameron and gov comes in and plays on Henry but I don’t think gov gets up, and I don’t thing young goes on henry. I expect more team defending this week rather than being stuck to a particular player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back