Preview 2024 Rd 7 Carlton v Geelong Saturday 27 April 4:35PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over to the Game Day thread …

After last week I think our current line up can handle any team. At worst you think Sam Durds and Alex Cinc will come in. At least they are like for like replacements. I think Weiters will get up and they will choose to be cautious with Zaccy boy.

If we win clearance convincingly we deny Jeremy Cameron and Co more chances to score and take some pressure of our defence. Of course, we'll still have to defend well when they have ball in hand.

Regardless, if we play like last week we win. Beating Geelong would give me just as much satisfaction as beating the Bombres or Colliwobbles. I'm a bit over Chis Scott and his band of ageing campaigners.
We win this the same way we won last week - through a dominant midfield, manic team defence, our newly found ability to rebound, King Charles & Prince Harry smashing it up.

What does Geelong bring that GWS doesn’t.

Rinse - repeat.

That’s 20,000 difference, half the capacity of GMHBA stadium lol
Don't give them any ideas...they'll go and ask the state and federal govt for extra funding to increase the capacity of GMHBA

I think they've already lodged plans for a bullet train service from GMHBA to Bells Beach to enhance the Coastal lifestyle attraction

Yeah, Carroll is developing nicely and he doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty and going for the ball..

we should be giving him every opportunity we can to play in seniors…will only fast track his development AND he provides something to the team.

Likes to be where the action is, Quick thinker and can get the ball onto his boot quickly.
Agree...my only knock on him (and he's not Robinson Crusoe by the way) is that he refuses to kick on his right foot
Practice practice practice

Wouldn't mind Cerra spending some time off half back in the role Kennedy played a couple of weeks back if he's a bit underdone and Williams is in doubt. Has had some good moments when he's spent a bit of time down there on occasion.

Agree...my only knock on him (and he's not Robinson Crusoe by the way) is that he refuses to kick on his right foot
Practice practice practice
it really is crazy that some professional footballers cannot kick on their non preferred side.

Look at Cripps as an example. Great player and he’s won a Brownlow but can’t kick on left to save himself.

Interesting to see if the DeKoning brothers play on one another, and who comes out the victor?

Tom would relish the opportunity to show his younger sibling who is the MAN!

I can see the contest really solidifying last weeks performance for TDK.

I think this season is the real breakout year for TDK, after all Robbie is his number 1 fan and the world knows it!!!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it really is crazy that some professional footballers cannot kick on their non preferred side.

Look at Cripps as an example. Great player and he’s won a Brownlow but can’t kick on left to save himself.
You know what’s even crazier? That some can’t even kick properly on their preferred side.

Dunno, I would give him a crack. Apparently they don't want to play him for his first game as sub. so I assume that makes his selection tricky.
If Fantasia is out you'd think Binns in, given Cunners, Fog, Martin and Motlop are all out as well...geez we've done well to cover injuries.

Fantasia hasn't been doing a lot anyway so no real impact on the team even if Binns plays a different role normally.

Don't give them any ideas...they'll go and ask the state and federal govt for extra funding to increase the capacity of GMHBA

I think they've already lodged plans for a bullet train service from GMHBA to Bells Beach to enhance the Coastal lifestyle attraction
PP now gets another train station as well………oh wait.

If Fantasia is out you'd think Binns in, given Cunners, Fog, Martin and Motlop are all out as well...geez we've done well to cover injuries.

Fantasia hasn't been doing a lot anyway so no real impact on the team even if Binns plays a different role normally.
Fantasia might not get the ball much, but something positive happens every time he gets it. He’s second at the club for goal assists. Not a chance Binns will have that level of impact with the ball in his first game. Really keen to see the kid get a crack, I just think the rhetoric around Fantasia “doing nothing” is incredibly lazy and achieves nothing

Are you serious Sam Durdin has not even played a game this year, he is no chance at all for this week or in the Foreseeable future.

Young is a solid back up and is in front of Durdin, in fact l see Durdin not holding a list spot at year end.
A few of us wrote him off with the assumption his absence was injury related, not being aware of the suspension. If Durdin plays out the season healthy and maintains or improves on his output when available last year, he is absolutely a serious chance to maintain his spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back