Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

Very interesting that their average age is effectively the same as ours but their average games played is nearly 30 games more than ours.

I'd say this reflects our injury woes, both in terms of our best 22 players losing so many games over the years, and the fact that we have players from outside our best 22 who play a lot of VFL games.

Look at someone like Caleb Marchbank. He's played 61 games out of a possible 170 or so. Those missed games would raise that average by 5 across the team. Curnow has missed probably 50 games, McKay similar. We can do that same exercise with many of our players.

These ****ing sports gambling outfits have no bounds / such a grip on the AFL space. They are now advertising via news articles, no branding just planting the seed under the guise of news. The b*ullsh*t little disclaimer after the article just the icing on the cake.

Necropontis, pathetic, putting you're name to the article, if mgmt don't give you the opt out then come out and say so. Plenty of proper journalism gigs and cash to be made on the opposite side of the fence.

My marketing law is not great, but am sure someone who knows what they are talking about would be able to shed light on misleading and deceptive conduct provisions and ACCC breaches.

As a father of a tweenage/ teenage boy and girl that are sports mad and read all this sort of content, this sh*t makes me mad.

I will (again) take them both through this article and get them to explain what do they notice, what's the trap.They love it, and we have made a bit of a game of it, their understanding of the basic laws of mathematical probability, why sh*t becomes addictive, what are certain ads trying to normalise / make cool etc. It has been a great exercise in terms of the Kid's line of questioning / discussion etc which is amazing the routes they head down.

This is not going to be explained to many kids and these outfits are purely preying on this fact. Witj the results often devastating and usually targeted to those that have the least means and support mechanisms to get them through it. F*ck you SEN, and hutchy you grubby piece of sh*t

Both my kids were in Carlton's enjoy the game not the odds campaign last year with McKay etal, got talking to some chick from the anti gambling support program / quango about it all and the hypocrisy of the funding model is a disgrace.

Rant over 😉

Go Blues !!

I'd say this reflects our injury woes, both in terms of our best 22 players losing so many games over the years, and the fact that we have players from outside our best 22 who play a lot of VFL games.

Fantasia & Marchbank where my mind went immediately.

Guys that got a crack later in their careers like Cincotta and Pittonet too.

But the real surprise to me was Nic Newman. 31 but only 119 games.

And we have no-one on the list that has played 200+.

These ******* sports gambling outfits have no bounds / such a grip on the AFL space. They are now advertising via news articles, no branding just planting the seed under the guise of news. The b*ullsh*t little disclaimer after the article just the icing on the cake.

Necropontis, pathetic, putting you're name to the article, if mgmt don't give you the opt out then come out and say so. Plenty of proper journalism gigs and cash to be made on the opposite side of the fence.

My marketing law is not great, but am sure someone who knows what they are talking about would be able to shed light on misleading and deceptive conduct provisions and ACCC breaches.

As a father of a tweenage/ teenage boy and girl that are sports mad and read all this sort of content, this sh*t makes me mad.

I will (again) take them both through this article and get them to explain what do they notice, what's the trap.They love it, and we have made a bit of a game of it, their understanding of the basic laws of mathematical probability, why sh*t becomes addictive, what are certain ads trying to normalise / make cool etc. It has been a great exercise in terms of the Kid's line of questioning / discussion etc which is amazing the routes they head down.

This is not going to be explained to many kids and these outfits are purely preying on this fact. Witj the results often devastating and usually targeted to those that have the least means and support mechanisms to get them through it. F*ck you SEN, and hutchy you grubby piece of sh*t

Both my kids were in Carlton's enjoy the game not the odds campaign last year with McKay etal, got talking to some chick from the anti gambling support program / quango about it all and the hypocrisy of the funding model is a disgrace.

Rant over 😉

Go Blues !!
1715929574463.gif

Last edited:
My Take. Hope we line up like this:

B: Cincotta Weitering McGovern
HB: Boyd Kemp Newman
C: Acres Cripps Ollie
HF: Elijah McKay Williams
F: Curnow TDK Owies
Foll: Pittonet Kennedy Walsh
Int: Marchbank Hewett Durdin Fantasia
Sub: Carroll

Cincotta on Papley
Kemp on Hayward
Williams HF/Wing
Three small needs to harrass and get to every contest
Our talls should stretch Swans
Their midfield is their strength. We need to deny them the ball
Win contested ball and lower eyes inside 50 and we WIN. Our forwards should dominate their weak defence

Any side with quality of Cripps Walsh Weitering Charlie & McKay can beat ANYONE

Blues EASILY by 7 points :cool:
Would love to see Williams up on a wing for run.

Fantasia & Marchbank where my mind went immediately.

Guys that got a crack later in their careers like Cincotta and Pittonet too.

But the real surprise to me was Nic Newman. 31 but only 119 games.

And we have no-one on the list that has played 200+.

Newman was a mature aged selection with the Swans. I think he was 23 or 24 when he started.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the re-emergence of Cincotta and 8 defenders named, please let it be Williams that gets played further up the ground.

On the wing or at HFF, Zac will add a new dimension to our run and the quality of entry into our F50. Two things we need to get much better at.

Unleash the Zac Vossy!

He’s a ripper.

Almost as bankable as our post loss melts.

I watched him closely at the Swans. He was always the next man in, on the fringes of the side. Moved from half back to outside mid and back again. Just plugging holes. I thought he was solid, and worth a shot. I was pleasantly surprised when he chased him at the end of that year. This is exactly what we should be doing to add role players to our team. Look for winning teams with a solid core of 30 players who can plug and play. If you are a mature aged player, already developed, you'll walk for game time. Sydney still have these guys. Geelong has some. Melbourne probably.

I wonder if Luke Parker would be worth a look if Longmire continues to not play him.

I added some stats this week. I can also do the same 3 I usually do, but I didn't think they were that popular. I was wondering how popular they were as there isn't much feedback.
From my point of view, whatever you wish to provide. Love your work. From my point of view, I didn't mind the extra stats. An absolutely great resource just to help contextualise each game. Brilliant stuff

Friday Night Lights with a roast & 27 beers, this is gunna be a ripper!!

As others have said, we match up pretty well with this lot.

Their back 6 is missing a couple & hopefully we can expose them.

If we can get it into our 50 & keep it in there, we’re a real show.

If it starts coming out quick on the turnover, we’re in strife.

Pressure, pressure, pressure.

Baggers by 95.😎👍
Expecting some quality posting from you after 27 beers :D

From my point of view, whatever you wish to provide. Love your work. From my point of view, I didn't mind the extra stats. An absolutely great resource just to help contextualise each game. Brilliant stuff

Cheers.

I'm not after compliments or anything. It's just that each week, it gets one or two likes from the same people and doesn't get referred to much in analysis discussion, so I started to think I was being a bit presumptious by posting them. It's good that enough people still want to see them to make it worthwhile.

I'm a stats nerd at times, so I like doing it.

Friday Night Lights with a roast & 27 beers, this is gunna be a ripper!!

As others have said, we match up pretty well with this lot.

Their back 6 is missing a couple & hopefully we can expose them.

If we can get it into our 50 & keep it in there, we’re a real show.

If it starts coming out quick on the turnover, we’re in strife.

Pressure, pressure, pressure.

Baggers by 95.😎👍

I'm a little disappointed you don't have confidence in our blokes to get that extra goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back