Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Mckercher has a Darwin game, then bombers, then Port before his bye. Could be 2x60 scores in there, if that happens he has to go at his bye anyway. I cant do it, just gotta get off North players imo
Yep, this is North's short term equivalent of their annus horribilus.

Visentini probably plays only 1 game(this week) for the year. Conway will make a stack of cash over the few games he will get and he can be traded whenever. I could just keep Conway/Barnett at R3/Utility spot for a while. I have a lot more faith in Conway to score too, especially if hes playing against Visentini this week
Sure. But it's also important to consider both trades in this scenario. Bringing in Conway - whose short term JS is barely better than Visentini's - means you are $100k shorter on your second trade, which might hurt you more in the long term.

Lots of 'ifs' to play out on this one, but what good is Conway if he's out after this week? Locks up an extra $100k on your bench in the lead up to the byes and doesn't help if Sweet actually has covid and misses a second week.
Would rather Visentini score a 40 this week and be dropped than a 70 from Conway for one week.
I'll probably look to go up to English if i can. Hopefully Sweet plays though. Conway playing a bye round could have been useful except he has same bye as Gawn. Stupid AFL and stupid fixture.

Sweet has been given the golden goose and is gonna let it slide, surely not. He better drag his arse out of bed and play his nuts off. Career defining stuff.
Sweet has the opportunity of a lifetime right now with Soldo being out. His one chance to be a solo ruck and people think an illness will keep him out? I bet the guy is huffing petrol fuel and sticky glue the past couple of days and injecting himself with mass amounts of sunlight to get ready for fridays game. He will play. His career depends on it.

Sure. But it's also important to consider both trades in this scenario. Bringing in Conway - whose short term JS is barely better than Visentini's - means you are $100k shorter on your second trade, which might hurt you more in the long term.
I only need a player for this week, he can rot on the bench until I need his cash after this.
Conway will play more games than Visentini for the year, and will make about $50k if he goes a 70-odd(which he could easily beat if hes only playing against Visentini).
Can easily go a maxed out rookie to Conway and Yeo to Daicos, wouldnt even need to have any cash held over from last week if you trade out ZWil+ Yeo for those 2

Lots of 'ifs' to play out on this one, but what good is Conway if he's out after this week? Locks up an extra $100k on your bench in the lead up to the byes and doesn't help if Sweet actually has covid and misses a second week.
Would rather Visentini score a 40 this week and be dropped than a 70 from Conway for one week.
Agree on the ifs - but he has already played Rounds 3 & 6, and Stanley is due for letter from the King shortly (that still sounds wrong) so I can see a pattern emerge. I like having a red dot sometimes at R3, especially with Max playing early as a potential VC (perhaps not tonight).

Another play could be to find one who is a possible DDP addition for Rnd 12 - see whether Tom DeKoning is a chance for FWD status, or find Ruck/Fwd that you could at least flip FWD after this week if need be. Even Jackson (FR) at $700k could be a play with his FWD status - if you think the Darcehole remains out. Sounds like his calf is a recurrance

Agree on the ifs - but he has already played Rounds 3 & 6, and Stanley is due for letter from the King shortly (that still sounds wrong) so I can see a pattern emerge. I like having a red dot sometimes at R3, especially with Max playing early as a potential VC (perhaps not tonight).

Another play could be to find one who is a possible DDP addition for Rnd 12 - see whether Tom DeKoning is a chance for FWD status, or find Ruck/Fwd that you could at least flip FWD after this week if need be. Even Jackson (FR) at $700k could be a play with his FWD status - if you think the Darcehole remains out. Sounds like his calf is a recurrance
Good call. Plate hands Jackson could be a good temporary option.

I only need a player for this week, he can rot on the bench until I need his cash after this.
Conway will play more games than Visentini for the year, and will make about $50k if he goes a 70-odd(which he could easily beat if hes only playing against Visentini).
Can easily go a maxed out rookie to Conway and Yeo to Daicos, wouldnt even need to have any cash held over from last week if you trade out ZWil+ Yeo for those 2
Spot on - Conway is an option and not just a single issue option, he offers a few optional plays. I currently have an R3 red dot in Maxxy Heath who is back playing and going well when Campbell lets him in the Ruck at Sandy. With Jack Hayes back though, not holding out hope for Maxxy now, so Conway is a play at the minor end anyway, which is why I mooted it. Everything is connected somewhere.

Good call. Plate hands Jackson could be a good temporary option.
Animated GIF

I did think of Jackson, he might be a play for next week though. His BE is high and if Darcy is out I think Grundy just beats up Jackson

Sweet has the opportunity of a lifetime right now with Soldo being out. His one chance to be a solo ruck and people think an illness will keep him out? I bet the guy is huffing petrol fuel and sticky glue the past couple of days and injecting himself with mass amounts of sunlight to get ready for fridays game. He will play. His career depends on it.
Sweet, suspected CoVid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knew I was playing 4d chess by still having Jackson....

That better be the f*cking plague that Sweet is dealing with.
It is Port Adelaide, he just hasn't been there long enough to get enough immunity to germs

He said on the podcast he has the swelling and internal bleeding in the ankle so needed to see if he can get through training

Not sure if him leaving early is good or bad. If he had good movement maybe just went off early to give it the best chance of reducing swelling

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240509_105859_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240509_105859_Samsung Internet.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 34

Remove this Banner Ad

Back