Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 11 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Continuing the theme of trading back in players I started with

1716429797400.png

The plan was to trade Powell for Rozee next week. If Fisher does poorly, i will trade him to Rozee next week.
Hurts trading Reid out as an eagles fan, but I dont see him being a big fantasy scorer this year.

Mrw GIF

We must be watching a different game. Sexton has unlocked massive potential in this role. I see 85+ there where as wilson fist up will struggle to get a decent score this week probably balances out next week against west coast. Just dont see him making more cash that what he is worth now where as sexton has another 100k to go. Ed richards will average way way more than chlosey next few week in this role. Chlosey next 2 r tough to score for wingers so he will struggle in my opinion. After watching ed i am a big believer in his play and he excelled against a tough hard to score against team. I can see upside of 10 points plus each next few weeks. Would rather trade reid but that means i cant get the cash to ed which is who i really want now. Everyone to their own. My decisions lately have been making me move in the right direction again so im confident in this play.
If you have 0 red dots/other players not losing cash then yeah it's definitely fine. But i doubt that you're in that position, but if so then yeah go for it 100%

I almost think the best points on field option is trading English if Sweet solo rucks (looks like he will).

He's not worth nearly a million. Trade him to a mid like Serong and get a mid rookie off field.

I traded English in to be a clear top 2 ruck. He's been a disaster trade more so on eye test than just scoring. He's been horrible and the role is getting worse. Sydney, Collingwood, Brisbane and Freo to the bye is a bad run also for ruck restriction.

Could do a similar move with Xerri I guess but he's $130k cheaper so points per dollar says get rid of English.

Last edited:
I almost think the best points on field option is trading English if Sweet solo rucks (looks like he will).

He's not worth nearly a million. Trade him to a mid like Serong and get a mid rookie off field.

I traded English in to be a clear top 2 ruck. He's been a disaster trade more so on eye test than just scoring. He's been horrible and the role is getting worse. Sydney, Collingwood, Brisbane and Freo to the bye is a bad run also for ruck restriction.

Could do a similar move with Xerri I guess but he's $130k cheaper so points per dollar says get rid of English.
Considering the exact same thing. Brought in English 2 weeks back when Sweet was unavailable due to sickness, and he in no way is justifying his price.

English is going at 117 in his last 5 (which includes last week's 80)

People thought the exact same about Marshall just 2 weeks ago

I wouldn't be trading him and he's actually one of my biggest targets, but that's what great about the game hey?

I wouldn't be trading him and he's actually one of my biggest targets, but that's what great about the game hey?
Yeah was just about to say, why are we going down the big name ruck for Sweet path yet again?

Prior to the 80, he had four tons, two of them being 120s and a 140.

and he could go large tonight if Grundy gives away his 50 million free kicks, and his work around the ground is where he thrives.

You got a lot of work to do mate. Roy is smashing you and Warnie has a decent lead.

I don't get the traders hate personally. Roy particularly is a very good fantasy coach and has been for nearly two decades.

Warnie is a good bloke who has a bit of an 'old head' mentality having been doing fantasy for nearly two decades and can therefore get stuck behind the 8-ball with a name or approach that has been successful in the past. He also never gets to the pointy end because he's the host of the largest Fantasy podcast in Australia and takes the conservative approach to avoid having an awful season rather than what might push him into the top 1% each year.

Calvin is a larrikin who doesn't take him self too seriously, gets aggressive with trades and is focussed on fun and family.

Like I get it, maybe they're not super 'cool' but having listened to almost every single fantasy podcast on the market across the past 5+ years, they continue to come to the top in terms of entertainment and being good blokes.
Lol its not that i dont like them cause i do. There show is energy and entertainment and i have listened to all the episodes cause they r funny. But thats how i see them and its probably not fair cause they do put alot of effort and research into their show. Its the most popular podcast by far and if u have no shot at a hat its the next best thing. Beating them gives me satisfaction. For me its always the pass mark for how i rate my season. All the hours i put in somehow is worth it when i beat them which is 7/10 years so far. This is the worst start ever for me for a season but i am making huuge strides and gaining momentum. From 50k down to 4k. Only takes 1 bad week or 1 really good one and i will have made my ground. Its certainly a challenge this year but i am up for it.

Lol its not that i dont like them cause i do. There show is energy and entertainment and i have listened to all the episodes cause they r funny. But thats how i see them and its probably not fair cause they do put alot of effort and research into their show. Its the most popular podcast by far and if u have no shot at a hat its the next best thing. Beating them gives me satisfaction. For me its always the pass mark for how i rate my season. All the hours i put in somehow is worth it when i beat them which is 7/10 years so far. This is the worst start ever for me for a season but i am making huuge strides and gaining momentum. From 50k down to 4k. Only takes 1 bad week or 1 really good one and i will have made my ground. Its certainly a challenge this year but i am up for it.
Fair enough mate. Good luck.

I'll probably do the same move with Xerri instead as my rd 12 bye is an issue.

But I've watched English very closely the last 2 weeks and have not been impressed at all.

That 109 2 weeks he saved his score late because Richmond don't man anyone up and against anyone else he would've been tracking for an 80 like last week. Would not surprise me if he scores average again tonight if he plays with the same non existent effort

But I've watched English very closely the last 2 weeks and have not been impressed at all.

That 109 2 weeks he saved his score late because Richmond don't man anyone up and against anyone else he would've been tracking for an 80 like last week. Would not surprise me if he scores average again tonight if he plays with the same non existent effort

Totally fair enough. Like everyone says and it really is the best advice, go with your gut. Of you've seen something you don't like back it in

I haven't watched the Dogs since the Freo game 3 weeks ago so I can't really comment on how he's looked lately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

parish>merrett possibly
Graham> anyone under 860k
Caldwell? ed richards? rook instead? getting fisher or sexton again will make me sad.

Continuing the theme of trading back in players I started with

View attachment 1997578

The plan was to trade Powell for Rozee next week. If Fisher does poorly, i will trade him to Rozee next week.
Hurts trading Reid out as an eagles fan, but I dont see him being a big fantasy scorer this year.

Mrw GIF
fail merry go round GIF

You wonder what effect his contact discussions might be having sometimes..... usually works the other way leading up to a new deal, but this could be different......

Apparently his stoppage work is down.

Freij or Richards? Haven't seen any of them play 🤣
I like both. Freijah should have a nice chance for for JS with JJ out for another 3. He's a really good sized unit - it's very line ball to pick I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back