Preview Round 11 Bulldogs vs Swans (with no gimmicky titles)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who gets the jobs on Darcy, Naughton and JUH?
I'd go Melican to Naughton, Francis to JUH, Rampe to Darcy.

Darcy is going to be a tough match-up for us. We don't have any defenders even close to his height, so I think we'll just need to back Rampe's mobility (and ability to hurt them the other way) with Blakey helping out.

Darcy is going to be a tough match-up for us. We don't have any defenders even close to his height, so I think we'll just need to back Rampe's mobility (and ability to hurt them the other way) with Blakey helping out.
Maybe don't let it down there . Rowy to Bont no doubt

Maybe don't let it down there . Rowy to Bont no doubt
That would be ideal. Agree with Rowy to Bont. Jordon to Richards IMO. He and Bont are their most damaging players out of the midfield. If we can shut them down it will go a long way towards winning.

I was at the game when Naughton played on Melican, kicked 5-7 or similar and looked like John Coleman.

I was at the game when Naughton played on Melican, kicked 5-7 or similar and looked like John Coleman.
Think he's still the best match-up we have and I'd be backing Melican to do a serviceable (at worst) job given the season he's had.

I think it has to be Melican or Rampe. It's not an ideal match-up for Francis. Mind you, I thought the same with McKay last week and he did a solid job on him in the end after a shaky start.

Feeling like we may go with some matchups like
Jordon onto Dale (Think with Richards moving into the midfield Dale has become awfully similar in role to Whitfield)

Legit, Bont should be the only one JJ goes to.

Last week the tactic was Jordon didn't attend CBAs, but everywhere else around the ground he wore Walsh like a glove. That way it's not messing with the CBA system.

Dale had 21 touches last week. That's not a role you need to tag. And Ed Richards has had 2 good games, and that doesn't qualify for a tag.

It's Bont or bust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This never happened.

Naughton hasn't kicked more than 3 against us.

No doubt you are right.

Iirc he kicked as poorly as Reid on his worst day but marked everything in sight and made Lewis look silly.

Legit, Bont should be the only one JJ goes to.

Last week the tactic was Jordon didn't attend CBAs, but everywhere else around the ground he wore Walsh like a glove. That way it's not messing with the CBA system.

Dale had 21 touches last week. That's not a role you need to tag. And Ed Richards has had 2 good games, and that doesn't qualify for a tag.

It's Bont or bust.
Bont is way too built to be a tag target for JJ. Look at the guys he has shut down: Anderson, Day/Weddle, Whitfield, Clark and Walsh they are all lighter in build and so no Bont should be taken by Heeney the guy who took on Crips last week and beat him around the ground.

Bont is way too built to be a tag target for JJ. Look at the guys he has shut down: Anderson, Day/Weddle, Whitfield, Clark and Walsh they are all lighter in build and so no Bont should be taken by Heeney the guy who took on Crips last week and beat him around the ground.
disagree. Bont has all of 6cms on Jordon. Not sure you know how big Jordon actually is. He gets sent to the most dangerous player the other team has. Thats been the case for the last 5 weeks and that shouldn't change this week.

FYI Rowbottom was the one !

disagree. Bont has all of 6cms on Jordon. Not sure you know how big Jordon actually is. He gets sent to the most dangerous player the other team has. Thats been the case for the last 5 weeks and that shouldn't change this week.
If that is the case why didn't JJ go to Green before his injury? Why did JJ go to Clark instead of Serong or Young? More often than not he goes to the lighter frame body that uses their distribution skills to push the team forward. So no it isn't about height its about weight and ability to actually stop him. If you think about it all the guys that JJ has gone to are much much easier to tackle and restrict than Bont

You have made countless mistakes as well yet none tries to degrade you like you do onto others on this forum. We are doing so well yet it seems your on a mission to provide negativity at every turn
I think your post was wrong , what's wrong with pointing that out , everyone here and media knows who was on Cripps . Ive made many mistakes and owned it as i did yesterday !
We are doing so well i want negativity , good on you . Ive been through years of tough times with this club so pull back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back