You make a massive point that not all free kicks are equal.
Free kick in front of goal when a team doesn’t have possession is very different to a free kick in possession on the centre wing.
Also, I would add rewarding marks as well and calling play on.
Rewarding marks there is doubt about it...
1. 16 a side
2. Umpires throw up the straight away like the 80’s and don’t wait for the rucks. Sure the tall dinosaurs will become extinct but the game would flow. Only 1% of the male population is over 6’6.
3. Same out of bounds rule as the women’s comp.
4. Any holding of a...
Umpires need to determine intent when awarding DOB which is highly subjective.
Generally speaking the team in front in the last quarter will lose benefit of the doubt.
Make it last touch or some other guide lines than intent.
We could use the following guild lines.
1. Kick or hand pass or tap...
Umpires are just getting too emotional and not doing their next job
1. Taberner taps and free kick is reward to the Blues.
2. Controlling Umpire needs to know where the mark is.
3. Controlling umpire needs to determine if the Ball was legally brought back into play.
4. Controlling umpire...