Retired #11: David Zaharakis - Survivin'

Remove this Banner Ad

Sensible. Concentrate on finals and then worry about contracts.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-08-22/zaharakis-contract-update

"David Zaharakis is likely to make a decision on his future at the end of Essendon’s 2017 season, according to his Player Manager and Essendon champion, Scott Lucas."
And also this bit:
"Both parties are comfortable with where it is at."

Also I mean, come on. Scott Lucas isn't gonna let him leave Essendon if he can help it surely. I mean if we're super stingy and only offering one year on peanuts then I think even Lucas would get a bit crabby with the club, but that's not at all likely.

And also this bit:

Also I mean, come on. Scott Lucas isn't gonna let him leave Essendon if he can help it surely. I mean if we're super stingy and only offering one year on peanuts then I think even Lucas would get a bit crabby with the club, but that's not at all likely.
I find it extremely hard to believe that the club would only offer him 1 year.

Mates of Zakka's have told my mates (their footy teammates) that he's leaving. I still don't believe it but very big claim for his mates to be making outright

This is the most NID signing of all time.

There's more chance of Floyd Mayweather being sparked out by Connor McGregor than there is of Zaka leaving.

And also this bit:

“We have had lots of conversations, we are working through it all now,” Lucas said.

“I feel I need to give the fans something here - it’s (the delay is) a little bit of all of that.

“Both parties are relatively comfortable with where it’s at.

“If we thought it was impacting David’s football then there might be a slightly different approach.

“You get to this time of year and then you might go ‘let’s let it roll’ and then we’ll sort it out.”

As soon as I read this rambling I feared the worst, don't see him staying around unfortunately.
Anyone noticed his reactions the last few weeks to his efforts being let down by his teamates? More than just angry, almost a deep resent washing across his face.

Might be reading too much into it, will find out soon enough.

As soon as I read this rambling I feared the worst, don't see him staying around unfortunately.
Anyone noticed his reactions the last few weeks to his efforts being let down by his teamates? More than just angry, almost a deep resent washing across his face.

Might be reading too much into it, will find out soon enough.
I love when the body language experts show up :laughing:

He's a restricted free agent. I can't see us forcing him to accept Any Old Offer from Any Old Club, because then we'd get Any Old Compensation Picks - or none! If he's being poached then we'll be getting decent compensation one way or another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 years.

I had a feeling the length of the contract would be the sticking point. He's good when up and going so hopefully over summer he can work his way back into the leadership group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back