Retired #11: David Zaharakis - Survivin'

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are serious about standards, this guy gets dropped next week. Was really bad round 1 and stunk it up badly today. For an experienced guy to finish with that amount of disposals and tackles shows a lack of understanding around his role and intensity. Regardless of the fact he is in the leadership group, has to be dropped. Ham deserves his spot.

In saying all that, this is Essendon. They won’t drop him.

I was more worried with the lack of his intensity, offensively but in particular defensively.
Defensive pressure has never been synonymous with him, makes it hard to understand why he was being played in a role which typically demands accountability in the first place.

I was more worried with the lack of his intensity, offensively but in particular defensively.
I was more concerned with the offensive lack of energy. That's always consistently high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His lack of form being noticed in the media now aswell, think it’s the first time outside of the supporters
only had over 20 disposals 4 times in the last two or something

Bad games happen. Unfortunately, when was the last time he strung a few games together that justified his spot in the team. He looks like a player that has lost their hunger and is going through the motions. Has been through a lot as a playing group so I empathise, but surely needs to spend some time soul searching.

I was thinking this too.

When was the last time he played a good game. Feels like it was probably 2017.

He will probably get a block of games before he's dropped. Not that i necessarily agree with it but he's somehow in the leadership group so...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back