Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I was going to write something but instead I guess I'll just say thank you.

If people think this wasn't regular practice (and still is) at Crocmedia then they are deluded.

If people think Crooked Hutchy isn't a millionaire then they are wrong.

If people think that this practice isn't taking advantage of vulnerable people (everyone's had an entry level position before, you know whats its like), or that they are more outraged by him being called out for it than the actual practice itself than they have problems.
Why don't you quit with the insinuating and get whatever it is that is eating you up out into the open.

It's tiresome and repetitive which in turn drags down the quality of the thread - which for the most part has been pretty interesting reading.

Why don't you quit with the insinuating and get whatever it is that is eating you up out into the open.

It's tiresome and repetitive which in turn drags down the quality of the thread - which for the most part has been pretty interesting reading.

Insinuations? What are you on about? How much clearer do you need it to be?

Turned on SEN twice in one day - they were repeating the same interview ......now beyond a joke
All jokes aside this has become a major problem.

Very repetitive.

And the 7pm to dawn service is all about repeating interviews.

(The 7pm show may as well be 7pm to dawn. It’s just all over the shop, no structure no connection.)

Very repetitive.

(The 7pm show may as well be 7pm to dawn. It’s just all over the shop, no structure no connection.)
Yeah yeah but...Hutchy and Gerard WHATELY!! SEN will be fine its soooooo much better man dont ya get it?
Station hasnt had the fun sucked out of it at all.

Yeah yeah but...Hutchy and Gerard WHATELY!! SEN will be fine its soooooo much better man dont ya get it?
Gerard is a very good broadcaster; just don't know whether he speaks the same language as the SEN audience. He has still this ABC superior attitude, lecturing his audience, which is an ABC trait.

Gerard is a very good broadcaster; just don't know whether he speaks the same language as the SEN audience. He has still this ABC superior attitude, lecturing his audience, which is an ABC trait.
All good points.

Gerard W is a good get. He’s very capable, so that’s a major tick.

My gripe is they have killed it dead from 6pm.

And also KB is not suited to drive, he’d be better at 12pm I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good points.

Gerard W is a good get. He’s very capable, so that’s a major tick.

My gripe is they have killed it dead from 6pm.

And also KB is not suited to drive, he’d be better at 12pm I reckon.

Agree KB is more suited to noon shift. Get the feeling he is placeholding the drive slot for the next Hutchy signing, then he will go to noon and old m8 Andy will head back to the wilderness.

Francis Leach has had a lot of stints on SEN over the years and he has arguably a more smug, superior attitude than Whateley if anything.

Very repetitive.

Overall this is nothing new on SEN. Some of it is just a timing thing - happens less in AFL season as there about 1500 people directly involved in that industry in Melbourne alone so can pad out for much longer and traditionally (and strongly supported by many in this thread) it is what the punters want to hear.

The difference at the moment from 6-midnight seems to be they now just play whole segments back in full, including time calls during the interview etc and pad with commercial breaks, (or as one of the new crew likes to constantly say, pause for the cause!). So you often now seem to have 20 min blocks which are just on autoplay while the on air talent is just out having a smoke/down at the 7-11.

Not sure which is worse - outright replay of whole segments, or the punters calling in asking the same question/making the same statement for the fourth time that day - much of a muchness.

If they are looking to be a station that is more than just AFL footy (and I notice the home of football tagline seems to have been dropped) - it is going to take a while to get there and take people with you.

Last edited:
Francis Leach has had a lot of stints on SEN over the years and he has arguably a more smug, superior attitude than Whateley if anything.
Much more smug and superior is leach.

Whately shows greater love for other matters, sport, Leach shows total,love for himself.

Its a shame that SEN is the only sports station in Melbourne because I do miss listening to sport talk whenever I wanted, however its just so bad now, filled with Crooked Hutchy's terrible former "interns" or even worse KB and and Doc (unless they've been canned yet? Please?)

Whateley of course is a pro but I can get him on 360 (coincidentally he is one of the few who doesn't come from the Crooked Hutchy media training school)

Hutchy's young acolytes are uncoppable apart from Azoor who is okay. Just okay.

Too much rhyming slang, far too often.
Cam Lucas a definitive negative - he certainly makes Azoor sound dumber.
Makes many things about him, and the teams he supports....he is like a vegan, you don't need to ask or guess, he'll tell you, and most of his guests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back