Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

1116 AM Swearing in Ceremony of President Andy Maher :p

0-CE625-F3-B9-F0-4-EC9-B234-2-B8-D89-E176-C2.jpg

The new Sen newsreader is April Austen

The former Sen newsreader, Nat Yoannidis , is now on channel 10 Melbourne news as a reporter
Hope she has better luck than Miriam Maghrabi who went SEN → 10 News...after about 6 weeks there, big job cuts occured and she got the chop, never to be heard of again. (love Nat BTW - rough as guts like most Greek women I've known but a world of fun I bet ;) )

The former Sen newsreader, Nat Yoannidis , is now on channel 10 Melbourne news as a reporter

She ok she is just starting out in her chosen career, good luck to her

April graduated from her Bachelor of Communication (Journalism) at RMIT University in 2020 and has gained a wealth of experience across written, audio and visual journalism. She has been a regular writer for a variety of publications, including RMIT Catalyst Magazine and RMITV In Review. One of her most recent multimedia projects has been nominated for an Ossie Award for Innovation in Journalism.

In October 2019, April became Editor-in-Chief of RMIT’s independent news publication, The Swanston Gazette, where she managed all facets of the print and online publication, contributed her own work, and created its podcast. She has extensive experience as a reporter and producer for several podcasts and TV programs, including sports reporting for the Antenna-award winning TV news show Half Hour. In 2020, April was awarded the Steve Cairns Scholarship to complete an internship with sports radio station RSN927. She has also interned with The Lost Dogs’ Home and Racing.com.
Currently, April is working as a general news journalist and sport reporter at The Swan Hill Guardian.

VzIdVz7I_400x400.jpg
ah well, good luck to her, but I'd be surprised if her on-air career is long and stellar, because her voice isn't smoooooooth, to say the least :D

How bad are Cam Luke and Jordan Lewis , all Luke wants to talk about is yank sport and Lewis doesn't talk

Pls NO,i cannot tolerate him,is he still doing mornings ? i tuned in for few minutes last week and he was having a serious crack @
Djokevich for wanting to stay at a house in Brighton with a court for practice in preparation for the AO...Heverins
'over the top' slash baking ppl is the worst...
'WHAT PLAYER WOULD U MOST LIKE AT YOUR CLUB':rolleyes:
2021 ????

I'm talking about doing commentary, not hosting a show.

She ok she is just starting out in her chosen career, good luck to her

April graduated from her Bachelor of Communication (Journalism) at RMIT University in 2020 and has gained a wealth of experience across written, audio and visual journalism. She has been a regular writer for a variety of publications, including RMIT Catalyst Magazine and RMITV In Review. One of her most recent multimedia projects has been nominated for an Ossie Award for Innovation in Journalism.

In October 2019, April became Editor-in-Chief of RMIT’s independent news publication, The Swanston Gazette, where she managed all facets of the print and online publication, contributed her own work, and created its podcast. She has extensive experience as a reporter and producer for several podcasts and TV programs, including sports reporting for the Antenna-award winning TV news show Half Hour. In 2020, April was awarded the Steve Cairns Scholarship to complete an internship with sports radio station RSN927. She has also interned with The Lost Dogs’ Home and Racing.com.
Currently, April is working as a general news journalist and sport reporter at The Swan Hill Guardian.

VzIdVz7I_400x400.jpg

Good for her, but as a news-reader, her voice is no good.

I couldn't care if it was a male, or a female. If you don't have a good radio voice, you'll be called out.

How bad are Cam Luke and Jordan Lewis , all Luke wants to talk about is yank sport and Lewis doesn't talk

Why they give so much coverage to American sport when we are a European colony and as such have much more interest in general in Soccer. There's massive games being played all across the world by huge clubs when they are on air for breakfast and they barely mention it.

Personally I don't find the Aussies team that unlikeable but I know a lot do.

Kohli can be unlikeable but I think he's matured a bit and Ashwin is know as being a bit of a knob but by and large they're pretty inoffensive.
Pant needs his mouth shut and Ashwin is a richard cranium

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I don't find the Aussies team that unlikeable but I know a lot do.

Kohli can be unlikeable but I think he's matured a bit and Ashwin is know as being a bit of a knob but by and large they're pretty inoffensive.
Other than the (alleged) domestic violence perpetrator and the one whom made up racial abuse while angry after being tonked for 2 sixes n a row.

Why they give so much coverage to American sport when we are a European colony and as such have much more interest in general in Soccer. There's massive games being played all across the world by huge clubs when they are on air for breakfast and they barely mention it.

Perhaps we listen during the day when American sports are generally played.

Soccer is overnight.

Breakfast show might give occasional score updates from Europe. May.

I don't get why SEN Sydney get a Weekend Afternoon Sports show yet all the other stations have to put up with SEN Track.
Really? Maybe because they care about SEN Sydney's ratings.
But that is a joke obviously SENs main audience would prefer that.

Really? Maybe because they care about SEN Sydney's ratings.
But that is a joke obviously SENs main audience would prefer that.

Weird, this time of year it's mainly Cricket, Tennis, NBL, ect which is relevant to all states so it could just be relayed to all the stations.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back