Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been listening to SEN's cricket more that what I normally have previously. I couldn't quite get why, as I was often quick to change to another station.

The it occurred to me listening to Stalekar during their bbl coverage, Mel Jones isn't there!

It was a much lighter, casual, less boring broadcast. I like the stats guy as well. He wasn't here for the Pakistan series.

One thing about radio stations these days is todo they really need to go through the US sports scores? Quite a few people like to record games and watch later and they don’t always give you enough warning.

Could understand in pre internet days but when it’s only a simple google away it’s completely unnecessary

Let me just say I dumped this station when Finey was sacked.
So last night I was interested in how the big bash at docklands was going as I just drove past and was happy that I beat the soon to be traffic jam.
Anyway there was 2 overs to go, so as the 49th over was finished they went to an ad break with the batting team needing about 17 I think off the last over.
After pumping however many ads I'm thinking geez c'mon speed it up start the bloody last over, only for these clowns to come back and call the last ball and say what an anti climax the final over was.
Thats my 5 minutes listening for 19/20....

Jones is very formal, it is like listening to an Estimates Hearing...better that though than Jim "who's Jack Dyer?" Maxwell. (Dream-team would be Lane, Huddo, Granland, Ponting, Cumani)

I've loved their test cricket coverage and I haven't been a huge fan of a lot of their stuff post Hutchy .

Akram and Macallum were brilliant with their analysis and explanation of the game.
Huddo I think is a good as you get cricket wise , has Whately covered but he is no slouch himself.
Enjoy them more with the cricket then the footy tbh .

Katich is great , wont be long for radio before CA grab him with an offer too good to refuse.
O'Donnell was great this test also . Would like to hear him more.

Reckon they nailed it, credit where its due

I've loved their test cricket coverage and I haven't been a huge fan of a lot of their stuff post Hutchy .

Akram and Macallum were brilliant with their analysis and explanation of the game.
Huddo I think is a good as you get cricket wise , has Whately covered but he is no slouch himself.
Enjoy them more with the cricket then the footy tbh .

Katich is great , wont be long for radio before CA grab him with an offer too good to refuse.
O'Donnell was great this test also . Would like to hear him more.

Reckon they nailed it, credit where its due
Totally agree , I'm away and have to listen to the ABC and apart from the adds doesn't compare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me just say I dumped this station when Finey was sacked.
So last night I was interested in how the big bash at docklands was going as I just drove past and was happy that I beat the soon to be traffic jam.
Anyway there was 2 overs to go, so as the 49th over was finished they went to an ad break with the batting team needing about 17 I think off the last over.
After pumping however many ads I'm thinking geez c'mon speed it up start the bloody last over, only for these clowns to come back and call the last ball and say what an anti climax the final over was.
Thats my 5 minutes listening for 19/20....
Ha! Of all the times to tune in or the first time in yonks. :D Yeah, there was a fa'rk-up. SEN played several minutes of ads during the last over+ (as you say), then came back for the last 2 balls, I think. At the same time, the same commentators were on Macquarie Radio.
SEN and Macquarie have teamed up for the BBL, for some reason.

Fairly regular occurrence but last night they played adds over the top of the last few overs of the big bash game on SEN SA.
Does Macquarie broadcast in Adelaide? I don't think it does. Digital is good, but it's about 15 seconds behind real time

• Sydney: 954AM
  • Melbourne: 1278 AM
  • Brisbane: 882 AM
  • Australia-wide: DAB+ Digital Radio and online

Fairly regular occurrence but last night they played adds over the top of the last few overs of the big bash game on SEN SA.
Incorrect usage of the word 'but'. How often do we have ads playing over the top of the news? At least once a day?

The number of times it occurs, the length of the occurrence and just the lack of any remedy to an omnipresent deficiency is infuriating.

Incorrect usage of the word 'but'. How often do we have ads playing over the top of the news? At least once a day?

The number of times it occurs, the length of the occurrence and just the lack of any remedy to an omnipresent deficiency is infuriating.
It happens during Hutchy's own show!!

I can understand that stations like 3AW / FiveAA always have someone panelling but most FM stations pre record most overnight, Public Holiday and weekend content and program it in without any problems.

I think Triple M had some problems on Christmas day but that is very rare. They have music but they also have to program in adds and announcers so not that different.

SEN are doing something wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back