Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Finey would jump at the chance if he was to be offered a short contract to do a hour Fineys Final Siren after each of these upcoming consecutive days of matches , even for the remainder of the season.

Jabba could redeem himself with the Sen faithful for some of his bad decisions this past 2 1/2 years , if he were to get Finey back
You'd hope they listened to the text machine feedback!
A fool not too

I reckon Finey would jump at the chance if he was to be offered a short contract to do a hour Fineys Final Siren after each of these upcoming consecutive days of matches , even for the remainder of the season.

Jabba could redeem himself with the Sen faithful for some of his bad decisions this past 2 1/2 years , if he were to get Finey back
He genuinely loved doing the show , you could even tell by how he spoke about it in the chat.

SEN is closing in on being unlistenable. With the depature of Fine there's no longer anyone who has the capacity to actually provide entertainment. Issues of footy are discussed with a level of seriousness normally reserved for natural disasters and wars. And the Margaret infatuation is bizarre. When she finally does meet her maker, they'll have to impersonate her. I rarely listen now but every time I do I cop a low rent versionof Mrs Brown's Boys...if that's possible.

Incorrect. It is TOTALLY and utterly unlistenable, and has been for a long time.

You'd hope they listened to the text machine feedback!
A fool not too

When its Fineys show the text machine is just trolling him hard and bagging the s**t out of him

Now when he has been off air for a few years the text machine is praising and loving him!

When its Fineys show the text machine is just trolling him hard and bagging the sh*t out of him

Now when he has been off air for a few years the text machine is praising and loving him!
praising and loving him to troll him

Does anyone know the actual issue Jabba has with Finey?
Finey's style didn't fit with Hutchy's idea of what SEN should be. Too much general chat and non-sport related segments. Hutchy much prefers to pay peanuts to vanilla presenters like Heverin, Hargreaves et al to who are happy to talk sport, and sport only, all night. Plus they wanted to bring more live sport to nights.

Finey's style didn't fit with Hutchy's idea of what SEN should be. Too much general chat and non-sport related segments. Hutchy much prefers to pay peanuts to vanilla presenters like Heverin, Hargreaves et al to who are happy to talk sport, and sport only, all night. Plus they wanted to bring more live sport to nights.

You mean Finey was entertaining and had opinions. Can't have that.

Does anyone think it was an accident that they had Finey on? I wonder if Hutchy is figuring out how he can get him back without it being an admission that he totally far'ked up by sacking him
Lets hope your right , there was a bit of action on twitter as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With due respect, they are absolutely right
I don't think it's the coaches fault per se. It's the AFL's responsibility, they are the custodian of the game. But why they continue to involve current coaches when their sole intention is to win rather than play attractive footy is an absolute mystery. So I agree callers are right to complain about that.

I don't think it's the coaches fault per se. It's the AFL's responsibility, they are the custodian of the game. But why they continue to involve current coaches when their sole intention is to win rather than play attractive footy is an absolute mystery. So I agree callers are right to complain about that.

I think the coaches are the overwhelming reason for unattractive footy. (There'd be a number of additional minor reasons playing a part, but the coaches wuld be 90% of it) However, as you say, it's the AFL's responsibility to fix it. Coaches want to control as much of the game as possible and the AFL need to do what they can to take that control away. FWIW frivolous rule/interpretations are not the way to go, in my opinion.

I think the coaches are the overwhelming reason for unattractive footy. (There'd be a number of additional minor reasons playing a part, but the coaches wuld be 90% of it) However, as you say, it's the AFL's responsibility to fix it. Coaches want to control as much of the game as possible and the AFL need to do what they can to take that control away. FWIW frivolous rule/interpretations are not the way to go, in my opinion.
As someone that played VFA please bring in 16 a side, it's the best way.

Think Hutchy wanted a fully professional radio station, Gerraldo and co bring that, Finey was great, but tell listeners to f off etc didnt fit with Hutchy agenda IMO, think he needs to come back though, he has miss read the audience here, bit of light entertainment on the weekend etc and at night is fantastic, bit like the friday arvo show with doc turf.. always found that great listening, we need balance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back