Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

agree. i'm way more interested in what those with the knowledge have to say. about one in ten callers are worth the time of day. i'll tune in when wallace fronts at about 2pm.
That's what i'm doing .I noticed that flog Trout has started calling again. He thinks he's relevant because he's a middle aged man in a cheer squad.

Dwayne Russell is terrible. He shouts into the microphone, tells people to ring in then cuts them off without even saying something like thanks for calling in, just goes straight to next caller without so much as a breath in between..

..it's all just to fill in time on his show. I don't know why people bother.

He really grates. For gods sake Hutchy bring in Gossage or even Cooney and Heverin, Sam Edmund.

The afternoon shows are just downright awful. The overnight show, particularly with Jordan Kournelis is far superior to those shows.

Dwayne Russell is terrible. He shouts into the microphone, tells people to ring in then cuts them off without even saying something like thanks for calling in, just goes straight to next caller without so much as a breath in between..

He really grates. For gods sake Hutchy bring in Gossage or even Cooney and Heverin, Sam Edmund.

The afternoon shows are just downright awful. The overnight show, particularly with Jordan Kournelis is far superior to those shows.
You summed him up so well. He doesn't take breath. Gossage yes , then Heverin who has improved.

Not sure Dwayne gets along with Plough - their discussions sound very stiff to me. But ultimately I like Dwayne as he's a car guy, having owned a 116 GTV and RX7 in the '80s - temperamental, purists cars - and now a 911
Id go the other way, large percentage of callers are special if you know what i mean
Michael from Reservoir, Connie from North Melbourne, Chris from Campbellfield on AW, are like that but also, infinitely more interesting than the Fairfield chin-massages that get around Whately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill admit ive gone off Dwayne too- like you guys say lazy caller segments, but also he clearly doesnt care about anything bar footy and NBL.

I remember a few weeks ago during their 12pm link Gerard made a comment to him i think about the West Indies winning the first test vs England, and Dwaynes comment was something like eg "Well i wonder if Adelaide can do the same thing to Brisbane tonight?" - ffs Dwayne can you ever not think about footy?

The Sausage has time on his hands:
channel-ten-sports-presenter-tim-gossage-made-redundant-as-part-of-networks-latest-cuts-ng-b881638192z

Last edited:
The Sausage has time on his hands:
channel-ten-sports-presenter-tim-gossage-made-redundant-as-part-of-networks-latest-cuts-ng-b881638192z
When you bold parts of links/URLs it stops them working correctly

Ill admit ive gone off Dwayne too- like you guys say lazy caller segments, but also he clearly doesnt care about anything bar footy and NBL.

I remember a few weeks ago during their 12pm link Gerard made a comment to him i think about the West Indies winning the first test vs England, and Dwaynes comment was something like eg "Well i wonder if Adelaide can do the same thing to Brisbane tonight?" - ffs Dwayne can you ever not think about footy?
lol wow. just wow.

derwayne is the type of lad who'd say fred fannings 18 goals in a game is a world record.

When you bold parts of links/URLs it stops them working correctly

Cheers, try again.

Crocmedia announced this morning about a further expansion into Sydney, including SEN 1170 launching with Andrew Voss on breakfast.

If they ever expand properly to Perth (which seems logical), you might expect Tim Gossage to be the one who fronts up the station. There's some other good talent in Perth sports media being underutilised eg.Glenn Mitchell and a couple of the Sport FM blokes. And they might lure across a couple of the 6PR guys.

Crocmedia announced this morning about a further expansion into Sydney, including SEN 1170 launching with Andrew Voss on breakfast.

If they ever expand properly to Perth (which seems logical), you might expect Tim Gossage to be the one who fronts up the station. There's some other good talent in Perth sports media being underutilised eg.Glenn Mitchell and a couple of the Sport FM blokes. And they might lure across a couple of the 6PR guys.
makes sense

The WA situation is an interesting one, I think sport fm do a good job for WA sport coverage as is. Particularly Landsmeer who I think would instantly be an upgrade for SEN in afternoons and drive (Dwayne should listen to how he responds to callers).

I think they make it harder for SEN to enter the market as their rusted on audience would be sens main audience (I would think) and SEN would have a higher volume of ads I assume.
I can't imagine both stations co existing but the 6pr guys and gossage would be easy employments and they'd have greater access to Eagles, Freo players coaches.

Last edited:

Moving on their assets purchased in June including 2CH.

The money comes from Perth.
SEN is not a major player financially in Melbourne radio, would a similar market share in WA work?

I completely fail to grasp the purpose of Russell's afternoon slot...

'You call, you get on, You call, I talk all over you, You make a good call, I talk all over you and repeat the same thing 17 times an hour, You call and disagree, I cut you off, and pat myself on the back 72 times an hour'

It should be called 'Dwayne, his ego and his tiny mind'

I completely fail to grasp the purpose of Russell's afternoon slot...

'You call, you get on, You call, I talk all over you, You make a good call, I talk all over you and repeat the same thing 17 times an hour, You call and disagree, I cut you off, and pat myself on the back 72 times an hour'

It should be called 'Dwayne, his ego and his tiny mind'
I think Dwayne is in a bit of a no win situation, i travel alot during the day so get to listen a fair bit, and by the time garry and tim, then gerrad has gone through most of the topics, Dwayne is just rehashing same topics...and i just switch off, needs better interviews or more insight then just AFL and NBL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back