Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Gerard and Huddo?

I reckon Gerard is a better caller of cricket than footy, maybe it's the tempo that aligns better. Huddo surprised me with his ability, he came into the sport with no background? Then there's Peter Lalor.... smug ol' mate! isn't he?

Huddo is the best all-round caller in the land.
Only Tim Lane in his prime could match him.

There is a Paul from Ringwood who has a shocking voice and there was another one earlier that sounds the same . This is so much better than the Midday madness goose
Speaking of annoyances like that, there's a couple of guys who call in while they're either jogging or power-walking, so we have to listen to them huff and puff while they're talking. It shits me. :grinv1: There's one guy in particular who sometimes rings the breakfast show, but I haven't heard him for a while :tongueoutv1:

{Hee hee, we've got the old emojis back :laughv1::grinv1::cryv1::cute:]

I6pdvdd.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caller Chris from Camberwell on...a rarity these days. Right up there with "Jim from Hawthorn" who one day memorably - ridiculously - announced his retirement from talk-back calling :huh:
He is a classic , can go for 3 minutes without drawing breathe and can head in 5 different directions.
Love it when he pulls out the 'i put a lot of $$$ into the club and know a lot of members that arent happy'

The overnight regular caller during Ed Cowlinshaws time , Alan from Adelaide, was always a fan of Adelaide Jockey Jamie Kah , always praising her riding talent.

It was mentioned on one of the overnight shows that Alan had passed away earlier this year , it would be an omen if she were to win the cup riding Prince of Arran , and that he unfortunately didn’t live to see it.

Like Andy from Pakenham , and his tigers winning in the year that he passed and then two of the next three

Can't believe the girl doing the news has not even mentioned the terrorist attack in Vienna

How far in advance do they pre record the news? Usually it is just enough to make sure they don't stuff anything up but sometimes stations do a whole mornings worth in one go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back