Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone tell me how was Dwayne's coverage of the Euro final?

"Midday Madness. You call, you get on. Tell me which AFL player from your club you'd want kicking for goal from 35 metres out in a shootout".
He had Simon Hill on , but at the start he said he didn't want guests , he wants 3 hours of calls !

Kane Cornes was back on SEN SA Breakfast this morning and was asked how he liked filling in for Gerard. He said he couldn't believe the extra work expected of Gerard outside his show and he doesn't know how he keeps up. He mentioned voice overs and extra interview segments with stations as examples.

From the amount of hours Cornes does I'd imagine he works fairly hard hinself, so it must be a fair workload.

Last edited:
Kane Cornes was back on SEN SA Breakfast this morning and was asked how he liked filling in for Gerard. He said he couldn't believe the extra work expected of Gerard outside his show and he doesn't know how he keeps up. He mentioned voice overs and extra interview segments with stations as examples.

From the amount of hours Cornes does I'd imagine he works fairly hard hinself so it must be a fair workload.
Most of that would be looking up the words Gerard uses for Kane

Everything that is wrong with SEN was summed up this morning, they cut to an ad break before the last penalty and missed the moment of Italy winning.

I get that there are certain technical things that are hard to avoid but surely there is a way with a bit of obvious foresight to not miss moments like this.

‘More live sport’ was the calling card when the takeover happened.

‘More live sport’ was the calling card when the takeover happened.

Brett Phillips was thanking Sen Management for allowing/making his and Courtney Walshs call of Ash Barty final happen on Saturday night after the footy.

Surely it Couldn’t have been a hard decision for Sen to stump up the cash for a chance of broadcasting Australian history of a Barty win , not every day an Aussie gets a chance to win Wimbledon.

BP and Courtney did a superb job with their call.

Brett Phillips was thanking Sen Management for allowing/making his and Courtney Walshs call of Ash Barty final happen on Saturday night after the footy.

Surely it Couldn’t have been a hard decision for Sen to stump up the cash for a chance of broadcasting Australian history of a Barty win , not every day an Aussie gets a chance to win Wimbledon.

And then BP called the footy instead of the garden gnome

Everything that is wrong with SEN was summed up this morning, they cut to an ad break before the last penalty and missed the moment of Italy winning.

I get that there are certain technical things that are hard to avoid but surely there is a way with a bit of obvious foresight to not miss moments like this.
This was ridiculous. Gary and Tim were doing an entertaining job of it too. Can't believe there wasn't someone in the building with the balls to say "stuff it, this is a huge moment in sport, we're sticking with it".

I’d like an expense report on the difference between that and Gerard’s Superbowl circle jerks - err I mean trips… Not to mention it was on in the early hours of Sunday morning, the deadest of dead radio slots compared to monday morning which is primetime.

Can anyone tell me how was Dwayne's coverage of the Euro final?

"Midday Madness. You call, you get on. Tell me which AFL player from your club you'd want kicking for goal from 35 metres out in a shootout".

no way. surely he didnt! The Made Guy

He had Simon Hill on , but at the start he said he didn't want guests , he wants 3 hours of calls !

heard a bit of SH. he is very good

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard from he that knows she that Hutchy is trailing the '10 minute pre-record live platform' that most of the US talk-back stations now have in place. Simply means listeners will be hearing live radio recorded 10 minutes prior, which allows for station producers to edit anything they deem 'inappropriate' out of the real time live broadcast...

Sadly, the opportunity to call up Derrrrrwayne, wait in the queue and then once you here him introduce your name, you scream; "FROM THE PAINT!" and then hang up, are almost gone...

Last edited:
Heard from he that knows she that Hutchy is trailing the '10 minute pre-record live platform' that most of the US talk-back stations now have in place. Simply means listeners will be hearing live radio recorded 10 minutes prior, which allows for station producers to edit anything they deem 'inappropriate' out of the real time live broadcast...

Sadly, the opportunity to call up Derrrrrwayne, wait in the queue and then once you here him introduce your name, you scream; "FROM THE PAINT!" and then hang up, are almost gone...

Ten minutes? Wow, all stations have the ten second delay which isn't enough for some situations with talkback but ten minutes seems over the top. You would think a few minutes would be enough to make a quick decision on a potential legal situation.

Whateley has officially disappeared up his own a***.

Yes, thank you Richmond. We’ve all loved you beating up on our teams these last four or five years…thank you so so much. 🙄

Is there a more sanctimonious p**** in the media?

Yes, thank you Richmond. We’ve all loved you beating up on our teams these last four or five years…thank you so so much. 🙄

so one one hand hes saying thanks, youve been great. Nek minnut hahaha dynasty over.

Also Youre welcome

Ten minutes? Wow, all stations have the ten second delay which isn't enough for some situations with talkback but ten minutes seems over the top. You would think a few minutes would be enough to make a quick decision on a potential legal situation.

It does seem excessive but I suspect it's not only to edit out caller obscenities and/or presenter gaffs but also it give producers the time/ability to review and squeeze in some more advertising where possible (which US TV/Radio producers are experts at) - not that any of us need/want more of this on SEN...

To be fair, those quotes are entirely attributed to David King.

Timothy Watson address these comments earlier

Dunno if that would work for breakfast, feel like they like the instant texts, obviously the quiz too and even the live scores for sports.

* off to America if you want be American Hutchy you arsewipe. Absolutely ****ed this station

Remove this Banner Ad

Back