Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite radio show was off the bench. Hutchy, Pickers and Dr Turf. Didn't get much better than that. Very funny and great start to the weekend.
Is if even on during the season anymore?
Yes, but it's a shadow of its former self, in my opinion

Adam White
Sam Pang (with Santo and Ed) - pay these guys the big bucks for the drive slot.
Original All Night Appetite boys (Dash, Teo and Coondog) but in better timeslots.

Honestly, Adam White could host 6am-12pm by himself with regular hour-long guests at particular times. And it would freaking work. White has this ability to be both the expert and the fan. He is like a Harford or a Maher, just infinitely better.

Get back Huddo and Granland alongside Whateley. Not everyone likes Huddo anymore, and obviously Whateley rubs many of the listeners the wrong way, but SEN is built around the footy commentary on the weekend. And the three of them work in any two-person combination. If Whateley was just on from Friday night to Sunday arvo he'd be a lot more tolerable to many on here because he is actually a great commentator.

One of the reasons I believe that SEN's ratings has gradually declined is that their weekend footy product hasn't clicked the last few years. When you have C-grade callers for both the game and the 1-2 hour pregame, it dilutes the entire product which feeds into the weekly stuff.

And for the love of SEN, bring back Finey and Roco. I'm no Finey fan, but Finey just works, and he works really, really well alongside Roco. I mean, I would hate the hour long discussion about random 70s and 80s bands, but if you have two guys that work well together, they can talk about anything and people will still listen.

(and who cares about the interstate stuff ;) )

Love all of these suggestions.

Completely forgot about the All Night Appetite team, always thought they were good.

Disagree. I think someone on here once said SEN's best radio talent is Hutchy himself.

A pretty decent chunk of Hutchy's remuneration package is for his "content", which I presume is appearances on OTB, The Sounding Board and probably also Footy Classsss on Monday nights. Happy to be corrected on that.

It was a while ago and I can't recall the $ figure, but I thought it was a bit out of whack for his output. Maybe there are other elements to it not observable.

The interesting thing to watch is the SSN (Netball) licence SEN bought, the Melbourne Mavericks - this could blow up two ways.

First, Netball Australia and their players union are miles apart in their pay dispute, with players going unpaid the last 8 weeks. If this drags out, this becomes a financial drain for SEN.
The "Mavericks" are a new team (taking over from Collingwood's netball team), and during the dispute they cannot sign (and therefore market) new players. Also, with the season date up in the air, they cannot sell corporate sponsorship or tickets/memberships.

This means, they still have to pay their coach (already signed) and other staff, while zero dollars are coming in!

Secondly, if SEN as a company were to go bust next year due to CommBank calling in their debts, what a farce it would be for Netball Australia. They just lost Collingwood from the comp this year due to losing money, if their replacement team (SEN's Mavericks) were to fold during the season.. aye crumba! An embarrassment and it would breach their TV contract with Foxtel (8 teams, 4 games per week).

I think SEN has completely done away with the Overnight Show. It's wall-to-wall replays now.

And doesn't that give me the shits !!

I wake up and listen to a bit of the breakfast show in the morning, when I go to bed around midnight I hear a repeat of the same cruddy interviews I had to slave through in the breakfast slot.

Adam White
Sam Pang (with Santo and Ed) - pay these guys the big bucks for the drive slot.
Original All Night Appetite boys (Dash, Teo and Coondog) but in better timeslots.

Honestly, Adam White could host 6am-12pm by himself with regular hour-long guests at particular times. And it would freaking work. White has this ability to be both the expert and the fan. He is like a Harford or a Maher, just infinitely better.

Get back Huddo and Granland alongside Whateley. Not everyone likes Huddo anymore, and obviously Whateley rubs many of the listeners the wrong way, but SEN is built around the footy commentary on the weekend. And the three of them work in any two-person combination. If Whateley was just on from Friday night to Sunday arvo he'd be a lot more tolerable to many on here because he is actually a great commentator.

One of the reasons I believe that SEN's ratings has gradually declined is that their weekend footy product hasn't clicked the last few years. When you have C-grade callers for both the game and the 1-2 hour pregame, it dilutes the entire product which feeds into the weekly stuff.

And for the love of SEN, bring back Finey and Roco. I'm no Finey fan, but Finey just works, and he works really, really well alongside Roco. I mean, I would hate the hour long discussion about random 70s and 80s bands, but if you have two guys that work well together, they can talk about anything and people will still listen.

(and who cares about the interstate stuff ;) )
Pernille Harder Football GIF by VfL Wolfsburg

I think SEN has completely done away with the Overnight Show. It's wall-to-wall replays now.

Maybe MacMum can confirm? And tell us how's the digital radio going.

have spoken about this with others. some lvoe replays cause they work morning shifts so getting to hear gary and tim walk about afl for hours worked for them

A pretty decent chunk of Hutchy's remuneration package is for his "content", which I presume is appearances on OTB, The Sounding Board and probably also Footy Classsss on Monday nights. Happy to be corrected on that.

It was a while ago and I can't recall the $ figure, but I thought it was a bit out of whack for his output. Maybe there are other elements to it not observable.
Footy Classified isn’t a SEN or Hutchy show, so he’d be getting by the producers who I’m sure are Maguire media.

And there’s still very little money in podcasts. I like the sounding board, listen most weeks, but zero chance Hutchy and Damo are being paid anything significant to do the job.

Footy Classified isn’t a SEN or Hutchy show, so he’d be getting by the producers who I’m sure are Maguire media.

And there’s still very little money in podcasts. I like the sounding board, listen most weeks, but zero chance Hutchy and Damo are being paid anything significant to do the job.

This is the footnote from the Annual Report.

The Group has an agreement with Craig Hutchison Media Pty Ltd for the provision of talent appearances and services totalling $550,000 per annum. This $550,000 is not in relation to his role as a Chief Executive Officer.

Hasn't been mentioned in all the newspaper articles, so maybe there's nothing to it. His private company probably comprises more than his own talent!

Just stands out like dog's balls.

Last edited:
This is the footnote from the Annual Report.

The Group has an agreement with Craig Hutchison Media Pty Ltd for the provision of talent appearances and services totalling $550,000 per annum. This $550,000 is not in relation to his role as a Chief Executive Officer.

Hasn't been mentioned in all the newspaper articles, so maybe there's nothing to it. His private company probably comprises more than his own talent!

Just stands out like dog's balls.
It may be that Hutchy's commitments with other media companies are contracted out via SEN.

Regardless, for a Monday night 1-hour shift and a podcast, $550k seems a bit steep.

It may be that Hutchy's commitments with other media companies are contracted out via SEN.

Regardless, for a Monday night 1-hour shift and a podcast, $550k seems a bit steep.

Tend to agree. Remember years ago they axed a great tv show which was scripted that cost $500k per ep

How they can justify the costs for 4-5 people sitting around talking AFL for an hour, not really sure they can

(Log in to remove this ad.)

800k per year plus bonuses he was paying himself

Simon Hill with a little drive-by at Dwayne for not talking about the A-League early enough in their interview.

It was a good sound bite. Fairly sure Simon and Dwayne are acquaintances and play up the woe is me schtick

This may sound like "nitpicking" but it goes to the heart of the problems as I see it on SEN ............... close enough is good enough.

During the breakfast show with Edmund & O'Donnell filling in for the non-ratings period, last week there was a sting played that went like this "na na na na na na na na ........ breakfast with Kane & Bucks"

This week, its been "na na na na na na na na ........ breakfast with Gary & Tim"

FFS, two attempts at it and both times they got it wrong.

This is the sort of rubbish that gets people sacked, not a pat on the back.

This may sound like "nitpicking" but it goes to the heart of the problems as I see it on SEN ............... close enough is good enough.

During the breakfast show with Edmund & O'Donnell filling in for the non-ratings period, last week there was a sting played that went like this "na na na na na na na na ........ breakfast with Kane & Bucks"

This week, its been "na na na na na na na na ........ breakfast with Gary & Tim"

FFS, two attempts at it and both times they got it wrong.

This is the sort of rubbish that gets people sacked, not a pat on the back.
I agree with all that, except they're still in ratings for about another week

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back