Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Tuned in to the breakfast show this morning around 6:30, Lyon & Watson talked utter s**t for the best part of an hour. There was nothing stimulating & interesting, it was all nonsense small talk.

What makes it worse, those two bozos get paid a lot of money to do that.

SEN is need of a total revamp/restructure/refit, its gone on for way too long as it is. Failing that, euthanasia is the only other option.

Gary and Tim are hard to listen to these days, I'm way happier with Sam and Scube to be honest

The removal of Mark Fine was a massive error. I didn’t agree with all of his changes but I understood them except for sacking Finey. Bloke wouldn’t need to be paid massive bucks and did a great job in that shift.
It’s incredibly boring in the footy season; there must be a reason why listeners prefer the ABC, 3AW…..over and above SEN and why Hudson left.

Tim's a *******
Upper-class utensil head who thinks he's above every caller
Can't wait til he's

Tim's a *******
Upper-class utensil head who thinks he's above every caller
Can't wait til he's gone
O’Donnell is a t..t; even had an old friend of his call in on some day to say what a great bloke he was and he had a brilliant tennis serve….where else would this be allowed?

O’Donnell is a t..t; even had an old friend of his call in on some day to say what a great bloke he was and he had a brilliant tennis serve….where else would this be allowed?
At least he engages the audience

Watson's a ******* who laughs hysterically when he's sucking up to anyone he loves.

Never seen a guy change so much.

Sen mornings carefree chatecter
Channel 7 boring robotic puppet

Fuxk him off

With the latest pressure SEN has been under does anyone think, or has anyone heard about Hutchy making any big moves? As in is the likes of Adam White going to be FT, Wisp going? Definitely needs a shake up. Hutchy does well sticking up for his people but how much longer before they try to improve things.

Perhaps for the all discussion about who hosts each show, there just isn't that big of an audience for a 24hr sports radio station in Melbourne or the rest of the country.

Anything short of unearthing Australia's version of Bill Simmons, nothing they do is going to change the ratings much.

Bill simmons is really good. Talks about every sport, USA mostly, but can and will switch to sports that he’s not on seamlessly. Then he talks about movies and pop culture whilst engaging the audience and guests alike.

I really don't trust the rating as the amount of people i know that listen is alot , but they turn off when Gaze comes on

The thing is however, just because you know people who listen doesn’t equate to what is reality. Someone else knows more people who listen to ABC or 3AW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, Mott’s comments are quite fair and reasonable criticism.

Whether people like KB or not, he resonated with his audience, engaged with them fairly well especially if they spewed out rubbish. Not to mention covering many different sports.

Mondays is all but unlistenable especially during the season with Kingy essentially taking over just reading off Champion Data numbers.

Biggest problem is Hutchy is trying to grow the business from what it seems is for the sake of growing it without any sort of plan of action
I loved KB. His banter with Greg Venom Denham and Patrick Smith was hilarious. He was also up and about, a real character. I used to laugh while listening to him in the car. Whatley js undoubtedly a polished performer but he doesn't have much charisma.

I have favourites (like anyone else) but I also think that part of the problem for interstate people such as myself is that the default settings are based on your location, not what you are actually interested in. I have my location set to Melbourne so I can hear footy news, but then I have to sit through Melbourne traffic reports. If I choose Brisbane, it is all full of rugby league. Got to be a better way than that.

Bill simmons is really good. Talks about every sport, USA mostly, but can and will switch to sports that he’s not on seamlessly. Then he talks about movies and pop culture whilst engaging the audience and guests alike.
It also helps that they have way more content to talk about.

In the States, you can generate hours of NBA content each week just talking about trades for example. As virtually anyone can get traded at almost any time.

What is there to talk about in the AFL at this time of year? Preseason time trials? Someone's predicted 2024 ladder?

I don't listen to SEN not because the hosts are boring, although most are, but because the content is boring. I just scroll through the podcasts to see if there is anything worthwhile.

Talkback calls about umpiring decisions are boring. Discussions about scheduling and whether Friday night games should be at 7.50 or 7.20 are boring. 5 minute interviews with players who are media trained not to say anything interesting are boring.

New hosts are not going to change that.

I loved KB. His banter with Greg Venom Denham and Patrick Smith was hilarious. He was also up and about, a real character. I used to laugh while listening to him in the car. Whatley js undoubtedly a polished performer but he doesn't have much charisma.

They were highlights and always good listening to.. now it’s Kingy over analysing Champion Data and Whateley acting like he’s on a romantic date with Dangerfield

Nah, I reckon the ratings are true, maybe even overselling SEN.

The tell tale sign for me is tradie worksites.

In the early years (and higher rating years) of SEN, you'd walk past tradies working on a house, and you'd hear SEN blasting out their radios.

Now, I can't recall the last time I walked past a worksite and heard SEN.

What are they listening to now do you know?

With the latest pressure SEN has been under does anyone think, or has anyone heard about Hutchy making any big moves? As in is the likes of Adam White going to be FT, Wisp going? Definitely needs a shake up. Hutchy does well sticking up for his people but how much longer before they try to improve things.
Pls not Adam white who thinks he is a legend in his own lifetime; so fat too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back