Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

On the other hand, I liked the story Hookesy told about Geoff Lawson being a bit of a campaigner after they played golf one day in Sydney.

From what I recall, Hookesy had organised a game for Lawson, so the played together. Not only did Hookesy get Geoff a free game on a nice course, he also got him some free clothes and other apparel from a sponsor. When Lawson was driving David back to his hotel, he dropped him off a few hundred metres from his destination, making him walk a fair way with his clubs and other stuff, because it was slightly inconvenient for Henry to go through a few extra sets of lights. It sounded just like the scene in Seinfeld when Wendy Mallick made Elaine walk for ages with her skis :tongueoutv1:

Last edited:
It’s funny, but it’s not really, there’s an element of sadness about it, a mate who went to a show in Melbourne about 6 months ago that featured Rex and he reckoned he had totally lost the plot - that’s not necessarily new I’ve been to a couple that he got loose at but he seemed totally lost
understand completely,it was sad but i laughed all the same as it did reveal the human condition in all its rawness and of a soul not in a glowing space ,deeply troubled with a beef hed yet to unburden himself with & sure he wasnt goin to let the opportunity then presented, pass him by.
Mark Jackson also didnt mince words with Mike Sheehan when presented with the opportunity,as crazy as Jacko was Mikes comments
about Mark when Marks father had passed away obviously touched a raw nerve and mostwere probably insensitive @ the time so mike had it comin on both accounts its pretty safe to say.

understand completely,it was sad but i laughed all the same as it did reveal the human condition in all its rawness and of a soul not in a glowing space ,deeply troubled with a beef hed yet to unburden himself with & sure he wasnt goin to let the opportunity then presented, pass him by.
Mark Jackson also didnt mince words with Mike Sheehan when presented with the opportunity,as crazy as Jacko was Mikes comments
about Mark when Marks father had passed away obviously touched a raw nerve and mostwere probably insensitive @ the time so mike had it comin on both accounts its pretty safe to say.
I’m a bit critical of Sam who seems happy to take the piss out of him when it suits him but then pretend concerned later - in his own words he’s “not a well man”

That was gold. The sam.don and Mike pod was listenable back then too! Actually surprised AW let Rex on for those last few years. He clearly wasn't well but he was a loose cannon. Still as funny and witty as ever.
Memorably said he wanted to "machine gun to death" James Gargasoulas :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They struggle for content without AFL. Dwayne would be better just being on leave for January. Same with Kane

But we’re a sports mad city we are led to believe.

I didn’t mind Dwayne commentating the bbl. He asked short open ended questions to the experts.

Dwayne tackling the hard issues of the day..

Would you rather watch The Matildas or Socceroos?

Would you rather watch a team that is a chance albeit slim to win a World Cup or a team that is virtually next to zero chance. It’s got nothing to do with gender and I enjoy watching both but let’s not pretend like this isn’t the key difference.

As good as the Matilda’s were let’s not forget they were absolutely smashed and humbeled in their last 2 games and still a long way off the top football nations.

They struggle for content without AFL. Dwayne would be better just being on leave for January. Same with Kane

A line from Kane yesterday exhibiting his lack of knowledge.

'Now that Finchy has retired from the the Big Bash, it makes you wonder how long he has left in the longer forms?'

Say that again campaigner Corn...

A line from Kane yesterday exhibiting his lack of knowledge.

'Now that Finchy has retired from the the Big Bash, it makes you wonder how long he has left in the longer forms?'

Say that again campaigner Corn...
If Finch was an AFL player, who would he be? Let's take some calls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back