Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

After listening to Dwayne on sen breakfast yesterday I can see why he isn’t on any footy talk shows. Guy is an absoloute airhead
I forgot just how much of a douche he is. Was listening to a podcast (this is our journey with Sam Edmund) and they had Ray Warren on who is as good as it gets. He was talking about how good commentators don't just yell every word and should just let the moments and your emotions happen naturally. Then 10 minutes later on another podcast they had clips of 'The Pipe' just screaming at the most mundane play LOL.

I forgot just how much of a douche he is. Was listening to a podcast (this is our journey with Sam Edmund) and they had Ray Warren on who is as good as it gets. He was talking about how good commentators don't just yell every word and should just let the moments and your emotions happen naturally. Then 10 minutes later on another podcast they had clips of 'The Pipe' just screaming at the most mundane play LOL.
And that's what Adam Collins does , he yells

See, even you thought of a good topic of conversation off the cuff. Compare that to idiots Greg Rust and Andrew Van Leeuwen, who, after the cricket yesterday, were crapping on about the tabloid drama going on at RB being good for the sport because it generates attention.

Theres straw clutching, then there’s straw clutching. Nobody is going to care about a below mid tier team drivers having a tiff

Plenty more that could and should be at the forefront of F1

Jeepers, crikey, strewth!

David Schwarz returning to SEN after healing wounds with Craig Hutchison

After one of the biggest blow-ups in footy media history, a former SEN stalwart has broken bread with Craig Hutchison and will make a return to the station. By Scott Gullan, March 13, 2024 - 2:20PM

David Schwarz is returning to SEN. In a shock truce to what was one of the biggest blow-ups in footy media history, the former Melbourne champion and SEN boss Craig Hutchison have broken bread. Schwarz has signed on to be a part of the station’s AFL coverage this season, sitting in the experts chair for one game each week. While there will initially be no comeback of the cult favourite ‘Ox and Marko’ show, which Schwarz and former pro golfer Mark Allen did on SEN for over a decade, the door is open down the track. Allen is remaining at 3AW where he has been a regular fill-in on the top-rating breakfast show.

The return of the prodigal son Schwarz to the sports and entertainment network is stunning given he’s never held back about his outrage at Hutchison saying he’d “totally ruined SEN”. Schwarz and Allen were spectacularly sacked from SEN minutes after signing off for the final show of 2017. They later threatened legal action against the station after claiming they’d agreed to a two-year contract extension before abandoning the $1 million lawsuit because of Allen’s health battle as he successfully fought stage-four bowel cancer.

But time heals all wounds with Schwarz and Hutchison coming together over the past couple of months to discuss the unlikely reunion. “We’ve had a lot of conversations and have worked things out,” Schwarz said. “Hutchy was good, he was like, ‘Let’s get going, what has happened in the past is gone, let’s just look forward’. “I’ve always loved SEN and it feels like I’m going back home.”

Hutchison said he was excited to have one of the SEN’s all-time favourites back on the airwaves. “The Ox is a big favourite of the SEN audience and a huge historical contributor to the 20 year success of SEN,” he said. “The timing and opportunity aligned and it is great to welcome him home in our 21st year, having only recently celebrated our 20th birthday of SEN 1116.”

The first signs that there was a thawing between the pair came during the station’s birthday celebration in January when Schwarz and Allen appeared on the breakfast show with Garry Lyon and Tim Watson for a journey down memory lane.

It was a very different story back in 2020 when Schwarz revealed he still hadn’t spoken to Hutchison since the sacking three years earlier. “Hutchy came in and he bought into SEN or they merged (with Pacific Star Network) and we got our marching orders, which was devastating on many fronts, and then we went over to Macquarie Sport,” Schwarz told the Herald Sun’s Sacked podcast.

“We came off air at seven o’clock on the last day (of the year) and then we were told we had five minutes to get our stuff together and get out of the building, and that was by Cathy Thomas, who was the CEO at the time. She started crying and carrying on, but Hutchy had pulled the trigger. We were out. “He has never spoken to us, never contacted us or had any sort of dialogue at all. I did see on a podcast where he said he was going to double the ratings, double the business and double the audience and double the revenue. “He has lost 75 per cent of the audience, the business is stagnant, the share price hasn‘t changed, and I dare say he has absolutely ruined SEN. He has absolutely ruined it.”

Schwarz denied he had a grudge against Hutchison, saying he cared for the station and its staff. “I haven’t got a grudge. Hutchy and I used to be really close mates, so whatever has happened has happened,” he said. “He has made a bad decision. Not only has he lost the audience and the ratings, we walked out with $3 million of sponsors as well, which was satisfying for us. “I hate the fact that I am talking about SEN because I love the place. I loved every aspect of it. I could still tell you every person I worked with by name. I think he has ruined it. I think he has totally ruined SEN.”

Schwarz and Allen moved to Macquarie Sports Radio in 2018 before they were axed when Nine took over the station. They were brought back under the network’s umbrella in 2020 to present 3AW’s Saturday evening football coverage. Last year the pair branched out into the podcast world launching Couple of Blokes, Couple of Beers.

Last edited:
While I think it's great Ox is returning, this situation makes me dislike people like Hutchy even more.

We know the type of person: someone who just say it's my way or the highway, causes a lot of distrust and anger within the organisation, then reneges on their approach (or softens it) and tries to make up for their mistakes. And then because the person seems more amenable than previously, they get a pass.

I'm not a big fan of Ox tbh, and neither Marko, but they freakin worked together. Same with Marko and Jimmy Bartel at 3AW. I reckon it'd be great to get Ox back in some regular weekday slot, because he just works.

And yes, someone should start a petition to * Hutchy off; irrespective of how much $$$ control he has over the station.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get Marko back. * Gaze and Youse Guyz off and we're set
I find Marko really weird. He seems to lack just general intelligence (and has really unintelligent political opinions), and even though I'm not a golf fan, he's fantastic to listen with regards to golf, especially when the majors are on. He and KB were great together.

Getting Marko back doing regular golf updates with each weekday program, and having his own golf show once a week would be so good for the station. Because again, Marko just works when paired well with someone.

******* stupid Hutchy has no feel. Urgh. :mad:

I find Marko really weird. He seems to lack just general intelligence (and has really unintelligent political opinions), and even though I'm not a golf fan, he's fantastic to listen with regards to golf, especially when the majors are on. He and KB were great together.

Getting Marko back doing regular golf updates with each weekday program, and having his own golf show once a week would be so good for the station. Because again, Marko just works when paired well with someone.

******* stupid Hutchy has no feel. Urgh. :mad:

I’m guessing you give Maher a pass for his unintelligent political option and general fawning over any virtue signalling position.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m guessing you give Maher a pass for his unintelligent political option and general fawning over any virtue signalling position.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Way to miss the point.

There's nothing wrong with having a political persuasion. Some of the most intelligent politicians have been ultra-conservative, nativist, very right-wing. Articulate an argument cogently and you will have my ear.

So hall of fame callers:

Mario from Doncaster
Dave from St Kilda
Billy from West Heidelberg
Wayne from Geelong
Chris from Camberwell
Ray from Werribee
Trout from Woodend
Crazy geelong supporter from Mitcham - hated Dermie - forget his name
Old mate hawk supporter originally from Scotland - forget his name

Is Tommy from Rowville in it?

Likewise Snapper from Point Cook?

While I think it's great Ox is returning, this situation makes me dislike people like Hutchy even more.

We know the type of person: someone who just say it's my way or the highway, causes a lot of distrust and anger within the organisation, then reneges on their approach (or softens it) and tries to make up for their mistakes. And then because the person seems more amenable than previously, they get a pass.

I'm not a big fan of Ox tbh, and neither Marko, but they freakin worked together. Same with Marko and Jimmy Bartel at 3AW. I reckon it'd be great to get Ox back in some regular weekday slot, because he just works.

And yes, someone should start a petition to * Hutchy off; irrespective of how much $$$ control he has over the station.
Rohan Connolly told a similar-ish story about his departure from SEN, but nowhere near as dramatic; he was just stuffed around by Hutchy for ages before he got confirmation that he was being dumped. Rohan said he heard nothing for several weeks about his job. Hutchy denied that Rohan had no correspondence, but Rohan was much more believable.

Hutchy seems like the type who screws people over then, a couple of years later says, "it's just business. Nothing personal. No hard feelings, right? Life's too short to hold grudges". There are degrees of being screwed over, and not everything is forgivable, even over time

He's the type who'd totally torch a company, then simply say crap like, "ah well, we tried something and it didn't work. No harm, no foul. To take no risks in life is the biggest risk of all"

Last edited:
Hutchy seems like the type who screws people over then, a couple of years later says, "it's just business. Nothing personal. No hard feelings, right? Life's too short to hold grudges". There are degrees of being screwed over, and not everything is forgivable, even over time

Rohan Connolly told a not-too-dissimilar account of his departure from SEN
I find it odd he had a grudge with mitch Cleary leaving sen. Well that’s what barrett reckons on the sounding board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back