1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Shows like the Lawn Bowls show don't need to rate.

They will be making money from the fact that Bowls Australia (or whoever the governing body is) is paying for the show to be made.

It's just an ad.
Actually if you want cheap drinks and free pool etc your local lawn bowls club can be the place to be...

I believe he wasn't contacted. He was calling AFL games for AFL nation, not specifically SEN - they just took some of the AFL nation calls.

He also filled in for RSN breakfast at one point so I assume he was freelance last year.
Maher has had commitments outside SEN for a long time. Front Bar is an example. I maintain he was on the SEN payroll last year. In any event, my main proposition was that although they have discarded quite a few the weekday line-up has really only one new face - Whateley.

btw. Many of those discarded were no loss. But I think they threw the baby out with the bathwater in some cases too. Reckon Waldron -despite his past - made for interesting listening, as did Berry and Lisa Alexander.

They will be making money from the fact that Bowls Australia (or whoever the governing body is) is paying for the show to be made.
It's just an ad.
Spot on. It looks like Hutchy's MO is to increase revenue with stuff like this, without necessarily increasing ratings.

I could be wrong, but I'll be shocked if the revamped format rates much better, if at all, than the old one, even after period of time. Isn't he creating a smaller niche?
I'd say Hutchy knows this, so the obvious plan is to increase revenue by dramatically cut costs by getting cheaper hosts, then cramming in as many ads in as possible, including selling more content disguised as programs

Last edited:

Maher has had commitments outside SEN for a long time. Front Bar is an example. I maintain he was on the SEN payroll last year. In any event, my main proposition was that although they have discarded quite a few the weekday line-up has really only one new face - Whateley.

btw. Many of those discarded were no loss. But I think they threw the baby out with the bathwater in some cases too. Reckon Waldron -despite his past - made for interesting listening, as did Berry and Lisa Alexander.

The answer lies in Andy Maher’s twitter handle

When he was at Sen in 2016 it was @AndyMaherSEN

Not long after he left the afternoons slot at the end of 2016 he changed it to @AndyMaherDFA , as Maher loves baseball , DFA is Designated for Assignment , a term used in baseball when a contracted player is removed from the roster

Not long after he left the afternoons slot at the end of 2016 he changed it to @AndyMaherDFA , as Maher loves baseball , DFA is Designated for Assignment , a term used in baseball when a contracted player is removed from the roster
No question he was removed from the roster as a tenured staff member. It's whether he received any remuneration from them last year as a freelancer. Anyway, that wasn't my main point.

Didn't mind Berry but I'm glad the other two are gone - Alexander was unbelievably full of herself and how Waldron has the gall to criticise any sports administrator is beyond me.

It's just an ad.
Dosent endear or foster listenership on the whole though, I’d gaurentee that.

Replaying radio broadcast of lawn bowls after midnight? That’s just taking the piss. Were not ******* idiots,come on.

Last edited:
Didn't mind Berry but I'm glad the other two are gone - Alexander was unbelievably full of herself and how Waldron has the gall to criticise any sports administrator is beyond me.
It was his insights, contacts and footy goss that had me interested. Only heard him from time-to-time and on those occasions didn't hear him critique other administrators.

Alexander is a bit full of herself. However, her coaching insights were interesting and she does have a very good record on which to base them.

Last edited:
It was his insights, contacts and footy goss that had me interested. Only heard him from time-to-time and on those occasions didn't here him critique other administrators.

Alexander is a bit full of herself. However, her coaching insights were interesting and she does have a very good record on which to base them.
Coaching the Australian netball team is like coaching the US basketball team.

Dosent endear or foster listenership on the whole though, I’d gaurentee that.

Replaying radio broadcast of lawn bowls after midnight? That’s just taking the piss. Were not ******* idiots,come on.

No Jack Heverin was a commentator on the channel seven full match replay , which was shown after midnight this morning , of the Aus women’s lawn bowls gold medal win

Sen don’t hold the comm games radio rights

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on. It looks like Hutchy's MO is to increase revenue with stuff like this, without necessarily increasing ratings.

I could be wrong, but I'll be shocked if the revamped format rates much better, if at all, than the old one, even after period of time. Isn't he creating a smaller niche?
I'd say Hutchy knows this, so the obvious plan is to increase revenue by dramatically cut costs by getting cheaper hosts, then cramming in as many ads in as possible, including selling more content disguised as programs

I think you are 100% on the money.

'Content' is a term used very loosely by crocmedia. I listened to the latest 'sounding board' podcast which lasted for 3 minutes and in it Damo was explaining to Hutchy why Steve McQueen was his favourite actor of all time. Making matters worse, the 'sounding board' was listed in crocmedia's investor presentation as one of their 'brands'. How can this shiite be a brand?

Another so-called crocmedia 'brand' was 'Off the Bench'. Call me unimaginative, but 'brand' is not the word I would use to describe a circle wank by 3 middle aged blokes. The 'self congratulator' joke was first done by the Coudabeen champions 25 years ago. It's no longer funny.

evenings would be so much better if there were co-hosts. 5 hours is too much radio to fill. cam luke is doing an ok job, but it's just the same thing every hour every night. and jack will come back and it will be the same thing just in a slightly more up tempo voice. evenings needs to plan itself out a bit better.

Hutchie has been very clear that brekkie sets up the day for radio. So once he can move on the current guys he will imo.

I could see Eddie McGuire taking brekkie. He is a natural fit for the station and is the best talent for the Sen target demo.

For this to happen I think a back room deal hapoens whereby McGuire gets richer through Croc acquiring McGuire Media and JAM. With them being TV sport content producers, the synergies are clear. Plus I have little doubt Hutchie would love to own the production company producing 'Footy Clas' and TFS.

Wonder what will happen.

I think you are 100% on the money.

'Content' is a term used very loosely by crocmedia. I listened to the latest 'sounding board' podcast which lasted for 3 minutes and in it Damo was explaining to Hutchy why Steve McQueen was his favourite actor of all time. Making matters worse, the 'sounding board' was listed in crocmedia's investor presentation as one of their 'brands'. How can this shiite be a brand?

Another so-called crocmedia 'brand' was 'Off the Bench'. Call me unimaginative, but 'brand' is not the word I would use to describe a circle wank by 3 middle aged blokes. The 'self congratulator' joke was first done by the Coudabeen champions 25 years ago. It's no longer funny.
Spot on, Hutchy reminds me of one of those rich kids at school that nobody liked too much but they still hung around him to get free footy cards as he had quite a few copies of the same cards and would occasionally throw them away in a free for all at lunchtime as a power trip.

Overall after a month or two of the tweaks to SEN I am more than happy with it.
Listening to more of it now than I ever did. Although a lot of what I listen to is downloaded to hear in my own time, than live. Mostly footy related but loved the Test cricket coverage live. Got big credit points from me for that.

Who is this most boring of sods on at the moment with Gerard?

Christ all bloody mighty, he is putting me to sleep.

It was DFA for 'Delisted Free Agent' in Andy's case.

It was his insights, contacts and footy goss that had me interested. Only heard him from time-to-time and on those occasions didn't here him critique other administrators.

Didn't mind her at the start, but then it became all about her . Also don't like those 2 so called comedians on with Maher

Hutchie has been very clear that brekkie sets up the day for radio. So once he can move on the current guys he will imo.

I could see Eddie McGuire taking brekkie. He is a natural fit for the station and is the best talent for the Sen target demo.

For this to happen I think a back room deal hapoens whereby McGuire gets richer through Croc acquiring McGuire Media and JAM. With them being TV sport content producers, the synergies are clear. Plus I have little doubt Hutchie would love to own the production company producing 'Footy Clas' and TFS.

Wonder what will happen.
Lol croc media is smaller and with less influence than McGuire media. Footy show will tell you that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back