#14 Koby Stevens
DOB: 18/06/91
Height: 187cm
Weight: 83kg
Drafted from: Gippsland

AFLRd13EaglesvBulldogsIRoKaZspqsvl.jpg

Sumich's review of 2010 -

Koby Stevens
Koby was injured early in the year but managed to get going and debut in round 13. We want him around for 10-12 years, so he's got to watch the way he throws himself at the footy - it's a tough thing to coach out of a player.

Koby is an inside midfielder who is a fierce competitor, a strong overhead mark and excels in winning the contested ball. Represented Vic Country at the 2009 NAB AFL Under-18 championships and averaged 26 disposals (12 contested) in the TAC Cup. AIS-Academy graduate.

He made his debut in round 13 against the Bulldogs and was concussed within the first 5 minutes of the match (I happened to arrive at the ground when he was being helped off :( ), he played on and got 11 possies for the game. Stevens played 4 more matches in 2010 his best a 14 possession 1 goal game against Brisbane in round 19. He is one to look out for in 2011 as he will look to become a regular fixture in the Eagles lineup.

Punters are liking Koby as a possible rising star winner in 2011, currently paying $15 - the same as Shuey, which shows how good Stevens is perceived to be by outsiders (and rightly so) :thumbsu:

KobyStevensAFLRd22CatsvEaglespljHoDxNAPll.jpg

[YOUTUBE]fgYmZKxf0do[/YOUTUBE]

Link to beatlesmith's thread from last year: Linkz0r

Was my #2 choice after Tom Swift. Great sponsorship you got. Koby Stevens I think is really underrated. Got a great inside game, and is already huge for his age. I expect big and bright things from this guy.

Any news on Koby? Haven't heard much about him lately, is he injured? Dealing with OP? :confused:

Any news on Koby? Haven't heard much about him lately, is he injured? Dealing with OP? :confused:

East Freo had a bye on the weekend. Has averaged 19 disposals over 4 games this year. Not injured, just looks a little underdone, will hit better form in the coming weeks.

East Freo had a bye on the weekend. Has averaged 19 disposals over 4 games this year. Not injured, just looks a little underdone, will hit better form in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the update makaveli, looking forward to seeing him play this yr. :thumbsu:

Hi guys

Just wanting to know why Koby isn't getting games this year?

He has hardly been sighted as an emergency either (this round any ways), think he is a super, super young kid who, when he gets his chance consistently will be a very good league player.

He's building some very good WAFL form getting some games, a few games he's picked up stats in the high twenties.

Swifty and Ebert where ahead of him and they have both spent some credits this season.

Will be competing with Gaff for a game against Port IMO.

Yeah he had a limited preseason so he's been building fitness and form in the WAFL. Definitely among our best and most consistent performers there, especially over the last few weeks.

Spots are obviously much harder to come by this year which makes things hard, but I think at some point he'd have to squeeze in a couple of games, particularly if guys like Ebert and Masten continue to underperform.

We won't see the best of this kid until next year though, when he's actually got a proper preseason under his belt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This guy is being heavily watched by two AFL clubs atm (Carlton and Melbourne). Im personally expecting a trade at seasons end given the fact that both clubs are following up on the initial interest they showed. Could just be a negotiating tactic however

Eagles will be mad to let him go.

Let's also keep in mind he had little to no pre-season and is coming of op last year his chances will come. Looks to be loving Perth get's along really well with the boys as well.

Just to make sure maybe bigfooty twiter should ask the official west coast eagles page on his contract length.

I have heard from two reliable sources close to him (that I can't name for obvious reasons) that Naitawhoey is indeed a clueless flog. I expect within seasons end he will have been moved on and as you cannot provide evidence to prove me wrong you can't pass this off as anything but fact.

I have heard from two reliable sources close to him (that I can't name for obvious reasons) that Naitawhoey is indeed a clueless flog. I expect within seasons end he will have been moved on and as you cannot provide evidence to prove me wrong you can't pass this off as anything but fact.

damn,and he was looking like the small crumber we needed too!?

hope to see a solid set by koby this season..or around the 22 next season..just wanna see this guy play!:thumbsu:

damn,and he was looking like the small crumber we needed too!?

hope to see a solid set by koby this season..or around the 22 next season..just wanna see this guy play!:thumbsu:

I definitely wouldn't class him as small.

Why hasn't he been playing more games? Seems to be in or around the best most weeks? Mixture between winning team and injury list hasn't been too big?

That's exactly it but I would also say that he's not quite as ready as we make out on here. I have little doubt he'll be an AFL quality player but I'm not convinced that he's able to translate his great WAFL form into good enough AFL form just yet.

I suspect most West Coast fans would disagree with that but IMO, it's easier getting 25 touches as first banana in the WAFL than it is getting 15 touches as 5th or 6th banana in the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back