Traded Lynden Dunn

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy to have him re-signed but is three years a bit risky? I'd have generally thought that you wouldn't want to sign a guy to a contract for more years than he's played good years at the club (except for youngsters).

Would have preferred 2, but 3 beats none.

Very happy to have him re-signed but is three years a bit risky? I'd have generally thought that you wouldn't want to sign a guy to a contract for more years than he's played good years at the club (except for youngsters).

Would have preferred 2, but 3 beats none.
Gotta show the faith.

Gotta show the faith.

Like we did with Aaron Davey who's overly large and overly long contract dragged on us for too long?

Even giving 3 years to Vince, at his age, was a risk but I understand that to bring in talent from other clubs you always have to pay overs.

Like we did with Aaron Davey who's overly large and overly long contract dragged on us for too long?

Even giving 3 years to Vince, at his age, was a risk but I understand that to bring in talent from other clubs you always have to pay overs.

Difference is Aaron Davey relied on leg speed , Dunn doesn't

Amazing, I put him behind Bate and Newton as far as potential in that draft - look who's still around and kicking.

He is the type of player that we pushed out of the team to our own downfall years ago, good to keep a solid head around.

Its massively underrated how big this news is for the club

What an amazing 18 months this guy has had. Personally thought he was never good enough and hes been brilliant since, is one of the best 1 on 1 players (he led this stat through 20 rounds last year) and loves the club

Imagine hed be very high in our b+f right now as well

Liked him better when we were down by 100 an was still sledging an elbowing campaigners
hahah YES! I loved it, and it kinda worked. Started putting his direct opponent off because they'd be too concerned with where dunny was rather than doing their job. F'n Dunn, love the guy! apparently he lives Near frankston.

hahah YES! I loved it, and it kinda worked. Started putting his direct opponent off because they'd be too concerned with where dunny was rather than doing their job. F'n Dunn, love the guy! apparently he lives Near frankston.
He did I imagine he's moved though as things didn't work out so well for him locally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember thinking he was really close to making it late in 2010 as a forward, but he just got moved around too much and probably didn't have the confidence or maturity that he does now. Credit to him really, he's comfortably our best defender atm. Makes the occasional error, but he's our rock down back.

Sorry for the intrusion I was looking for a thread to comment on Lynden Dunn and this was the first one I found...

He has to be the most improved player in the AFL.

Has looked in the past like he didn't quite belong but has really stepped it up and has been fantastic as a key backman for the Dees this year. Not sure why he has always caught my eye, maybe the moustache, maybe the name or maybe the fact he punched Harvey twice and got away with it. Whatever it is it's great to see him starring at the top level.

Be great to see him keep this form up for the next few years.

Confessional: when he ran out to play his 100th in round 1 2013, I turned to my brother to asked if he'd ever seen a worse player crack the ton for us.

He was pretty s**t that day, but that was his last s**t game for us. Once he found a role down back, 65 quality games followed. Its a shame he's not five years younger and as mobile as he used to be.

Did a terrific job coming out of seven years of s**t coaching to become a really good full back once the opportunity was presented.

Hate the Pies, love Dunny. Good luck you legend :thumbsu::footy:

Confessional: when he ran out to play his 100th in round 1 2013, I turned to my brother to asked if he'd ever seen a worse player crack the ton for us.

He was pretty s**t that day, but that was his last s**t game for us. Once he found a role down back, 65 quality games followed. Its a shame he's not five years younger and as mobile as he used to be.

Did a terrific job coming out of seven years of s**t coaching to become a really good full back once the opportunity was presented.

I agree his first 100 games he never settled on a spot, I think he played as a tagger a lot which is probably why he seem to be a spud.

For me the worst 100 games player was Darren Kowal.

I'm sure Lynden's heart will always be red and blue but for now I'm glad to have a tall KPD other than Ben Reid.
Question - what are his disposal skills like? And what was he like against the faster leading forwards (eg the Josh Kennedy types)

Question - what are his disposal skills like?

Good, bordering on exceptional for a KPD. His kicking has always been one of his best attributes.

And what was he like against the faster leading forwards (eg the Josh Kennedy types)

He's rarely humiliated one on one, but he's never been exceptionally quick and I think Kennedy would give him a bath if there's no support there. Also struggles with playing a zone defence, which was why he couldn't get a game last year. He'll be fine if he can stand all day next to the same bloke, and is generally a clever player in that situation, but he doesn't have a lot of defensive tricks beyond that.

I say it every week, but I hope this ******* spud never plays football again. That kick out on fool was the worst effort I've seen since Cale Morton's coach killer against Collingwood last year. We will never improve while peahearts like Dunn are playing for this team. The best guarder of space in the league.
I guess you pretty much got your wish ):

He was no orphan that day, that's for sure.

It doesn't help that we had no position for him for at the start of his career, so he played as a tagger in 2007, then was moved forward and just when it looked like he was going to be a good third tall, he was suddenly behind Watts, Jurrah, Clark etc. In his infinite wisdom Neeld threw him down back and by 2014 he was doing a good enough job that our AA full back was played forward in preference to a bloke with almost 100 career goals.

He's also been a midfielder and back up ruck.

I think his potential has never been fully realised as a result of playing basically every position on the park.

Good luck Lynden...just not on Queens Birthday...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back