Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a thread yet for 1923, so let's get one going.

I'm liking it so far, but it has been fairly convoluted in regards to how everyone fits in. Maybe I missed some monologues that explained things (been pretty exhausted the past few months), but I originally thought Jack was one of the kids from James and Margaret in 1883 and couldn't work out who/where young John was until this week's episode when I finally pieced together that John was Jack's father.

I instantly picked up from the opening monologue that it was Elsa narrating, which I thought was a nice touch, but then in last night's episode, she comments something about her husband returning when all the cowboys return and a couple of them race to the house. That threw me initially, but I've just remembered that she married the Indian guy in 1883. Is he there working on the Dutton ranch? Did I miss that too?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how this one pans out. Will they do 1963 next? Would that timeframe fit a kid version of the current John Dutton?

It appears I wasn't paying attention.
Went back and watched the start of ep3 before watching ep4 and Elsa did say 'my husband returned' but it was just a speech about how the ranchers speak about milestones in relation to the seasons.
Feels like things are going to kick off in the next episode.

Have a few episodes backed up and ready to start.

Just got back from NYC and it is getting huge promos
I've found it a little tricky to follow who's who and the relationships to core characters to start off with. Not sure if that's the show's fault or my own poor attention span at the moment.

There are three separate stories running concurrently that look like they'll all converge at some point and it makes it feel a little disjointed, but it is good so far.

i wasn't too keen on crusty old farts like Harrison Ford, Helen Mirren...but gave it a go...wild west/Africa scenery is alright. Won't bother with Yellowstone.

The English is a bazillion times better than this

Omg the English was the best

I was a blubbering mess those last 10 minutes

Up there with Godless as the best two Westerns I’ve watched on streaming

Spencer needs to return, and it looks like he will. But with what army can he defeat Ser Bronn and his men/money?

it was at times hard to follow who is who, obvs not knowing the characters names etc.

gun fights were fun. hard to follow cause they all look the same. hats and guns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Africa stuff is cringe and slow going. The other stuff is good though. Imagine it will pick up considerably when Spencer finally goes back.
i think its to reflect teh slow moving nature of africa at the time. everythings chilled to a degree.

i am unsure as to the first nations storyline with the abusive nuns. obvs theres a reason for it

i'm still yet to work out what's the use of that floozy that latches on to Spencer like a leech...and those bitches....i mean nuns, i'm rooting for
the Indian girl to stick a fork in them.
You know they literally did that, a knife at least. :$