1923 - 2nd Yellowstone Origin.

Remove this Banner Ad

So, Banner will get out. Fairly sure of it. I mean, Ford told Mirren hes in jail, and you know somethings up.
FFS Teonna why didnt you tell the priests the "girl" went that way a day ago? but no you had to stare them down and walk slowly and suspiciously. Now three people are dead.

ok ok i understand, shes 15, and traumatised by her experiences. play on

It’s just 90% boring and 100% cliche.

The scenes with Spencer and Alex are so agonising.

The show is also shot like a soap opera.

This can’t be made by the same people that made 1883.

Seems to be picking up a bit now. Feel the hunter in Africa plotline is by far the weakest and overly corny, like it's actually the plot of a romance adventure made in the 40's. Some brilliant acting from Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren, and enjoy the Native American subplot even though it's very disconnected. Overall still very disappointed 1883 didn't get a direct sequel series and 1923 seems to have gone out of its way to kill off any interesting continuity to make it completely tangentially related.

I reckon we see things differently.

For a start, I don’t see Ford doing any good acting which is pretty typical of him for the last 20 years. Mirrin acts well but is bogged down by the cliched script.

The Indian subplot is the best part for sure but at this stage at 7 eps in it has shown no connection to the main story - other than the surname Rainwater (in relation to the Yellowstone show).

I didn’t see the main plot progressing at all. The arrest and that’s it.

They need to get Spencer in the states so that awful Alex can get murdered so Spencer can go full rampage.

I reckon we see things differently.

For a start, I don’t see Ford doing any good acting which is pretty typical of him for the last 20 years. Mirrin acts well but is bogged down by the cliched script.

The Indian subplot is the best part for sure but at this stage at 7 eps in it has shown no connection to the main story - other than the surname Rainwater (in relation to the Yellowstone show).

I didn’t see the main plot progressing at all. The arrest and that’s it.

They need to get Spencer in the states so that awful Alex can get murdered so Spencer can go full rampage.
I liked the scene where Ford tears up while Mirren is telling him home truths, is definitely a typical latter-Ford subdued gravelly performance but I'm a sucker for anything the guy does so mileage may vary.

Agree that it feels like Spencer is set up to be the main protaganist of the Ranch plot, so until he gets to the States the whole main plot of the show is just dicking around in a holding pattern in terms of plot progression. Think the show should have introduced Timothy Dalton's character in the first episode also as focusing on the 'villains' might have lent a bit to what has felt like fairly inane plodding along.

Lots of over analyzing going down here - show is for pure entertainment, nothing more, nothing less.
Well it better start entertaining soon because I'm fast losing interest.

This show is not in the same stratosphere as 1883 which was riveting from go to wo.

Well it better start entertaining soon because I'm fast losing interest.

This show is not in the same stratosphere as 1883 which was riveting from go to wo.
naybe theres an element of 'fatigue" setting in. A sequel or prequel of sorts to the original, everyones pumped. Now the third installment....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought the carbon copy repeat of the Timothy Dalton with the women scene from last episode(?) was pretty unnecessary. Didn't add anything the first identical scene didn't already get across in my opinion (really I think every character based scene felt like a redundant retread of something already explored earlier in the season). Really liked the 'end of an era' stuff juxtaposing the old west sensibilities with the modernizing world.

Give the season a 6/10. Was watchable, but think suffered from 'franchise'itis and having a built in audience, so it was quite meandering and self indulgent and could have used more polish and narrative drive.

Last edited:
We ust binged the 8 episodes in two nights......pretty average

The whole Africa storyline, going into the Titanic storyline has been boring as bat s**t

Not much really going on and pretty boring thus far.
Agree. Africa and Titanic just seem pointless. Hard to like or care about any of the characters. Only interesting story line has been the native american one, but even that doesn't really seem to be going anywhere.

I'm done with it!

Thought the carbon copy repeat of the Timothy Dalton with the women scene from last episode(?) was pretty unnecessary. Didn't add anything the first identical scene didn't already get across in my opinion (really I think every character based scene felt like a redundant retread of something already explored earlier in the season). Really liked the 'end of an era' stuff juxtaposing the old west sensibilities with the modernizing world.

Give the season a 6/10. Was watchable, but think suffered from 'franchise'itis and having a built in audience, so it was quite meandering and self indulgent and could have used more polish and narrative drive.

i am watching it on a plane. had to skip the scene as i am sure otehrs are watching and judging me.

agreed with the modernisation. horse parking removed for cars.

Agree. Africa and Titanic just seem pointless. Hard to like or care about any of the characters. Only interesting story line has been the native american one, but even that doesn't really seem to be going anywhere.

I'm done with it!

upon finding the bodies of the priests, the sherrif delivered a beautiful line - "if he's a child of god he'd already be in heaven". and something suggesting skepticism in heaven if you have to bury the body and read last rites

I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a thread yet for 1923, so let's get one going.

I'm liking it so far, but it has been fairly convoluted in regards to how everyone fits in. Maybe I missed some monologues that explained things (been pretty exhausted the past few months), but I originally thought Jack was one of the kids from James and Margaret in 1883 and couldn't work out who/where young John was until this week's episode when I finally pieced together that John was Jack's father.

I instantly picked up from the opening monologue that it was Elsa narrating, which I thought was a nice touch, but then in last night's episode, she comments something about her husband returning when all the cowboys return and a couple of them race to the house. That threw me initially, but I've just remembered that she married the Indian guy in 1883. Is he there working on the Dutton ranch? Did I miss that too?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how this one pans out. Will they do 1963 next? Would that timeframe fit a kid version of the current John Dutton?
I have to agree with the confusion we haven't got past ep 4 yet, but ep one to three I really couldn't figure who was who, and of course the 1883 parents, are both gone . But the young boy their son is there up to about ep 3 , so I'll say no more.

But confusion was pretty full on day one.

I have to agree with the confusion we haven't got past ep 4 yet, but ep one to three I really couldn't figure who was who, and of course the 1883 parents, are both gone . But the young boy their son is there up to about ep 3 , so I'll say no more.

But confusion was pretty full on day one.
Now watched 5 and 6, well confusion may have reigned, but the climax is a coming. 2more episodes and bingo I'll have finally have seen it.

Its a good show but 1883 well there is no match! The African Hunting man has got a beautiful woman.

Now watched 5 and 6, well confusion may have reigned, but the climax is a coming. 2more episodes and bingo I'll have finally have seen it.

Its a good show but 1883 well there is no match! The African Hunting man has got a beautiful woman.
Well last night I watched the no.7 and 8 episodes, so what on earth happened?

And where is the answers, and is there more episodes or have they finished.

Or are we waiting for another show to be produced for the story to continue in the 40's or fifties , is this where Yellowstone starts?

I've haven't watched any of Yellowstone series at all.

But they haven't finished 1923! Is it only just 8 episodes they've released, and there's more episodes to come?

Because if that was the end of 1923, episode 8 , it left a whole story totally unanswered. Surely that is not all there is.

The sadist rich man Timothy Dalton always plays a mongrel, the Scottish sheep farmer, the "hunter" the ocean liner duel.
THE MISSUS!!!!

Well, I just escaped to the google for several minutes , and found that this 1923 is only half done.
There is another 8 episodes of season 2 , they were originally going to make it a mini-series 10 episodes like 1883 decided
two sets of 8 was better.
Its good worth waiting , don't know how long for Aus though? For no.2 season. I suppose I'll have to watch all of Yellowstone now.
Thanks.
Got my answer,