Other 2011 PDC Premier League Darts

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched the replay, well, I missed seeing The Power lose :(

Happy to see the two lads repeat the World Champs final.

Agree about Barny. He's always like that, seems a strange persona for darts.

And re Gary, sometimes it's painful watching him throw at doubles.

Random stats and trivia:

The only bogey numbers are 169, 168, 166, 165, 163, 162, 159.
The double-1 is called the mad house.
A single-5, single-20, single-1 is called a breakfast (or bed and breakfast).
A triple-5, triple-20, triple-1 is called a champagne breakfast.
Highest 2-dart checkout is 110 (T20-Bull)
Lowest 3-dart checkout is 99 (T19-10-D16)
The left hand side of the board is called the married man's side.
Highest 3-dart score on an upside-down board is 3xT91 = 819.

The most impressive 9-dart finish, leaving the maximum required after each throw, would be D17-T19-T20=151, T20-T20-T20=180, T20-T20-Bull=170.
The lowest 3-dart start to still achieve a 9-darter is 151 (D20-T18-T19 or Bull-Bull-T17).
The least T20s required for a 9-darter is 3.
The most doubles to score a 9-darter is 3 (all Bulls).
There are 22 9-dart combinations to score 501.
Every televised 9-darter has had a D12 or D18 checkout (other possibilities are D15, D17, D20 and Bull).
Every televised 9-darter has included a 180.
No one has ever scored a televised 9-darter against Phil Taylor.

On November 11, 1975 in Devon, England, Cliff Inglis tossed a 19-dart 1001 game: 160-180-140-180-121-180-40.
In April of 1987, Pat Irwin of the Mitre hotel, playing in a double start/double finish 501 match, hit a 170 in (Bull-60-60) and a 170 out (60-60-Bull) in the same leg.
In the most perfect of perfect 501 games, Roy Blowies, playing at the Widgeon's Pub in Calgary, Alberta, Canada in late 1989 achieved a 9-darter by doubling in on the bullseye first. He scored 161(Bull-T20-T17), 180,160(T20-T20-D20).

My best was an eleven darter. I scored 160 and that included a jagged double 20. I was trying to keep the dart high in the 20. That was followed by 140, 140 and then 11 and the bull. I felt like a god when the bull went in and the bloke I played shook my hand and said "too good mate." We proceeded to have a 30 dart leg in the next game:D but it was a wonderful feeling none the less.

Highest finish was 148 in the first year I ever played. Got beaten to the trophy by a 150 something. Strangely won the highest finish in a higher grade years later with a crappy old 126. Got it opening night and was happily surprised to see it stand. It was the lowest winner in the association that season. Just shows you:eek:.

Best seasons average ever was just over 60 per 3 darts. The team I was in went unbeaten in 2nd grade that year. Cripes we enjoyed ourselves. Had some great games and we all played to the best of our ability. One of our blokes went unbeaten in singles playing number 1. No mean feat.
Played well enough that season tried out for Zone play offs. Froze and got annihilated. That made me respect the good players big time.

Threw maybe 5 or 6 180's in my 18 years of playing competitively though heaps in practise. Always remember the 1st. It was in a pub in Beenleigh south of Brisbane playing a trebles match and left my team double 17. They gave me a gentle ribbing for leaving a crap double.

Was that keen on darts I used to practise every day for about an hour. I was not that naturally gifted so I memorised all the finishes and that allowed a rhythm in throwing that meant I did not have to stop and think about the score. I think that that won me a few games against better players. It is a criticism of Lewis and Wade that I have. Not good counters.

As I said I played for 18 years and only a failing elbow stopped me playing on. Last year I threw a few darts at a BBQ I went to for the first time in years and had great fun. I knew it in the morning though. The elbow was stiff and sore. I guess it is a repetitive strain injury that sadly effects some players. Not keen on that so will not play competitively ever again.

The Mrs and I have the ambition to see top level stuff in the UK and we are going over for a holiday in July. Nothing happening dam it. I really wish it was a bigger game here though. I love it and if push came to shove I would watch the Darts before footy. Glad I do not have to make that choice.

Anyone else played and got any old war stories?

Very happy for Anderson. It's always good to see someone new winning.

I was shocked at Taylor's performance but you can guarantee he'll bounce back.

No darts stories from me. I've probably only had my dart board for a year now but I love it. I did once get a 145 checkout though (T20, T20, 25) when we weren't playing double out. Definitely a fluke and obviously not finishing on a double doesn't count but i'll take it anyway. :D

Some good matches last night and some really average ones as well. Reece Robinson looks like a fair player at just 19 he put Bates and Mardle out both 4-0 iirc.

Third Round Draw
All games the best of 17 legs

Main Stage
Co Stompe v Simon Whitlock
Steve Brown v Raymond van Barneveld
Phil Taylor v Mark Frost
Terry Jenkins v Adrian Lewis

Board Two
Mervyn King v Mark Walsh
Ian White v Gary Anderson
Roland Scholten v John Part
Richie Burnett v Colin Lloyd

Board Three
Darren Johnson v Kirk Shepherd
Richard North v Dave Chisnall
Justin Pipe v John Bowles
Robert Thornton v Wayne Atwood

Board Four
Andy Hamilton v Andrew Gilding
Andy Jenkins v Mark Hylton
Wes Newton v John Henderson
Colin Osborne v Mark Jones

Board Five
Sam Hill v Michael Smith
Denis Ovens v Kevin Painter
Vincent van der Voort v Andy Boulton
Mark Dudbridge v Joe Murnan

Board Six
Wayne Jones v Reece Robinson
Joe Cullen v Stuart Monaghan
Alan Tabern v Dennis Priestley
Martyn Turner v Matthew Edgar

Board Seven
Mark Webster v Tony Eccles
James Wade v Michael Mansell
Richie Howson v Michael van Gerwen
Jamie Caven v Steve Beaton

Board Eight
Steve Maish v Ronnie Baxter
Peter Wright v Peter Hudson
Graham Hollis v Paul Nicholson
Paul Harvey v Andy Smith

Difficult draw for Whitlock. Jenkins v Lewis the obvious pick of the matches.

Luvin it Luvin it Luvin it :D. Gotta watch the replay from last night. I want to now but the Mrs wants to watch it with me and she has gone out shopping. Hurry up woman I am getting impatient:D.

Watched Simon go out. Lost his checking ability but I have heard a nasty rumour he is on the booze a bit too heavy.

Jenkins v Lewis was a wonderful game. Never write off the bull. The bloke has not been a multiple finalist for nothing. Coming up against the Power final after final is a definite case of being born in the wrong era.

Couldn't agree more, that was fantastic.

There have been sensational matches so far. Nicholson's comeback v Anderson (i don't think that one was televised), Jenkins v Lewis, Nicholson v Taylor and a few other I can't remember off the top of my head.

With 8 left in the comp it's really anyones games. Will be very interesting tomorrow morning to see what happens.

The semi between Wade and Webster was another superb game. Wade showed he is one of the games best and when Syd said 3 minutes of darting brilliance he was spot on.

Wade was too good in the final but Newton showed he is coming. The only thing I think about Newton is his style is not classic so will need to practise hard. Good luck to him though as he seems a nice bloke.

This weekend bring the Eddie Cox Memorial Players Championship on the Saturday. Won by the inform Paul Nicholson 6-4 over Steve Brown.

Sunday's Bobby Bourn Memorial Players Championship has got underway with Simon banging in a 9 darter in a 3rd round win over Devon Petersen. If any of you have watched the majors on Fox recently Mark Hylton is in very good form. He has just beaten the generally very good Ronnie Baxter 6-0 also in
the 3rd round. Good player Hylton and one to watch out for. Odd throwing style but value none the less. 2nd round Dave Smith 6-5 Adrian Lewis. Lewis is not in the best of form.

Paul Nicholson up to 13th in the Order of Merit after that performance.

If he keeps his form up he might be a chance of making the Premier League next season.

I think that a good showing in the worlds could have got him a wild card for the PM this season just gone but he went out far too early. But I do think if he can show something between now and the next PL he could be a show. He is a crowd favourite with both the lovers and the haters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st night of the world matchplay and we get an EPIC

Kevin Painter has the reigning world champ Adrian Lewis on his knees at 9-6....misses 3 at D20 ( all 3 a mm above the wire :eek: )
Misses 3 more to win at 12-11 , loses 14-12 :eek::eek:

Great interview with him 5 mins after he lost too :D

Yeah Painter v Lewis was amazing. Also on the first night John Part hit a 9-darter.

Jenkins is out in the first round which will mean he will probably drop considerably down the rankings and his premier league spot for next season is in question.

Nicholson through to the second round to take on Barney. Should be a good match although Nicholson will have to play much better than he did today.

Credit to Andy Hamilton though, he never gave up and actually played some fantastic darts in the last 5 or so legs. Granted he relied on Whitlock missing but once it got to 15-12 he never gave him a chance.

Having said that Whitlock never should've lost and will be bitterly disappointed because he was just getting his form back in this tournament, especially with his doubles.

The European Championship is on this weekend. It was meant to be on Foxtel but it's not anywhere on the TV guide. Anyone know what's going on?

If Taylor beats King and Nicholson beats Jenkins in the 2nd Round we'll get the Taylor v Nicholson showdown!!

The European Championship is on this weekend. It was meant to be on Foxtel but it's not anywhere on the TV guide. Anyone know what's going on?

I have just spent the last couple of weeks in the UK and by luck got to see on TV the final of the Euro with Taylor beating Lewis in an absolute thriller of a high class final. Pity darts fans in Aus had to miss this as it was on ITV4, a free to air station. I found it by complete accident as the Wife and I had got back to our motel late one night and found it while channel surfing when winding down after a day of sightseeing. Talk about luck. Room service was made use of for the next couple of hours:).

The problem we now have is that the ratings were very high and there is chat that ITV may bid for further tournies. Being in competition with Sky in the UK, hence Foxtel, we could be in for a bit less Darts. I have a feeling that Brit darts fan could not care less, especially those not subscribing to Sky but it will be a disaster for us if Foxtel do not take it up. I except for the good of the game in the UK that this is great news for the sport in terms of viewers but I for one will be very disappointed. :(

If one looks hard they may find the Champions League Of Darts live. Results so far.

Phil Taylor 6-3 Adrian Lewis
Mark Webster 6-1 Terry Jenkins
Simon Whitlock 6-5 Wes Newton
James Wade 2-6 Gary Anderson
Terry Jenkins 2-6 Phil Taylor
Adrian Lewis 5-6 Mark Webster
Gary Anderson 6-5 Simon Whitlock
Wes Newton 6-4 James Wade

The World Grand Prix starts this week and is live on Fox praise be to Bacchus.

The draw
Ronnie Baxter v Paul Nicholson
Mark Webster (8) v Andy Hamilton
Dave Chisnall v Alan Tabern
Simon Whitlock (5) v Terry Jenkins
Mark Hylton v Mark Walsh
Gary Anderson (4) v Richie Burnett
Jamie Caven v Denis Ovens
Adrian Lewis (2) v John Part
Brendan Dolan v Wayne Jones
Wes Newton (7) v Colin Lloyd
Justin Pipe v John Henderson
Raymond van Barneveld (6) v Mervyn King
William O'Connor v Andy Smith
James Wade (3) v Steve Brown
Vincent van der Voort v Kevin Painter
Phil Taylor (1) v Peter Wright

I have highlighted the matches that I think will be gooduns. Whitlock is our bloke but has a task and a half against the underrated Jenkins. Part has found the form that made him a world champ. Barny has a certain weirdness in attitude and King is very pugnacious. Wade has been very average as of late and Brown can at times turn it on.​

Taylor takes on the unheralded Irishman Dolan in the final who played a magnificent game against Wade in the semi. An incredible 9 darter with a double start Dolan was an amazing feat to achieve considering that the likes of Taylor have not even achieved this.

[youtube]41rPJgpC-fA[/youtube]

With all that in mind Taylor had a superb average of 103 as opposed to Dolans 87.5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back